Reviews for Before and Beyond the Beginning
hyenagirl557Shenzi4evatlk chapter 14 . 11/15/2010
U better upload the next one quicker or u will pay, oh ps plz read mine its called in the heart of the hyenas
Rhonda Petrie chapter 14 . 10/25/2010
This is great! I'm so happy that Shenzi is the matriarch now! And I am so glad that she banished that jerk Fisadi from the clan too. Let's hope we never see him again! I wonder what she is going to do now?
94hearts chapter 11 . 10/24/2010
Alright, alright, alright… I won’t give you *ahem* A MILLION reviews, but how about I just give you this regally long one, ’kay?

First off, I wanna say, I like you writing style very, very well. Heh. I remember you writing a certain look on Scar’s face: ‘barely-concealed revulsion.’ Actually, that had me laughing out loud for a bit, because of how well stated it was. It just totally formed in my head- the exact way Scar’s face would look. Also, when he was thinking to himself in ‘Ice Queen’- for some reason as I read the last few lines of that scene, I could picture Scar rubbing his paws together with a wicked grin, saying, “FIRST… I’ll rule Pride Rock… then the Pride Lands! And then… THE WORLD! Mwuhahahaha!” Dunno. Heh. It sort of came to mind.

Second, I just wanna comment that I got real excited when I saw the chapter title ‘That’s All I Need’ because I nearly got a heart attack from joy when I realized, ‘Hey, that’s the song Timon was singing in 1 !’ And by the fact that you added SCAR in that same scene for the first time with dialogue, I was even happier- if at all possible because they’re really my fav characters. And when you said that your OC, Afisa was based off another female hyena in 1 - I ACTUALLY think I know which one you’re talking about… isn’t it the one that’s around in background the whole time towards the far right when they’re all cornering Timon and Pumbaa? Because the way you described her sounded like how that particular one I noticed looked in the film. (No, I’m not horribly obsessed- I just have the film conveniently saved on my computer, so I opened it up real quick).

Third- I love how you mentioned jackals in your story. Thanks, really… because I’m working on a FanFic for TLK with my own OC that are jackals… and that part really made me immediately think of my own characters, like they were incorporated some how into your story. Big deal for me! Whoop! (Ahem… if you’re REALLY interested… you can look out for a FanFic that’ll be up one of these days called “With Friends Like These” that involves my jackal characters… JUST a suggestion… .)

Fourth- once I read the line, “You ignorant, incompetent idiots!” I didn’t have a doubt in my mind who was yelling at them. Heh. I also like how he roars angrily at the hyenas and they cowered back in fear- but then Scar realized he shouldn’t have done that to keep them under his paw… haha. So he’s goes all sympathetic on them and says, “No… no you’re RIGHT… it wasn’t your fault…” I like how you’re writing Scars’ dialogue and mannerisms… almost kinda jealous… I’m picturing him all too well in my head.

Fifth- I laugh about as madly and loudly as Ed does in the whole story whenever he sees Banzai and Shenzi together, having a ‘moment.’ Ed always laughs at the appropriate comedic timing… never ceases to make me laugh out loud to myself! (The dream Banzai had with Shenzi, with her turning into Ed was priceless… and bizarrely made me think of the flick, The Mask… ah, well).

Cool writing style. Peace.

Randomdamsel.
tearthgrrl chapter 14 . 10/24/2010
Surely you must've had some sort of connection with Disney-because it's that good; the humor, the mystical-ness, the romance, it's all so powerful yet comprehensive! On you gave links just so readers could say how wonderful you are; well, here I am! :)

God speed on your next update!
chazs girl chapter 13 . 9/19/2010
keep on writing. u totally rock.
IndigoLight chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
This was awesome! I readthe whole story in one setting, and it's one of the best I've read, really. I like it alot, and I really like how you've written this. Keep writing!
Skye bell chapter 13 . 8/11/2010
It was good I like it but did shenzi and banzai get togever and what happer in the end !

8/10.
someoneurnot chapter 13 . 8/1/2010
riight may i ask WHY DOES IT TAKE A MONTH TO MAKE CHAPTER FOUTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN? PLEEASE I KNOW GIRLS ARE MENT TO BE EASY GOING BUT STILL IM NOT SO JUST GET A MOV ON WOULD YA? v. good chapter thoough
SGT.CJC chapter 13 . 6/30/2010
Wow!

Banzai made it! Shove that up your furry scheming toucuss Fisadi!

Great chapter, nothing amiss about it whatsoever. I nkow this is short but I'm a little tired.

Keep up the good work.

Update soon.

Hakuna Matata.
tearthgrrl chapter 13 . 6/30/2010
I’m gonna be honest with you—-there was not A THING I didn’t LOVE about this chapter, there’s too many to list. Forgive me if I sound like an overly ardent fangirl but your story style is amazing; it’s to the point, but at the same time the reader knows exactly what’s supposed to be in-depth. You write this as if Disney itself was working on it and I applaud you!

Now, to list just a few highlights I liked about this chapter,

#1 HAD to be when Banzai arrives right in the nick of time, regaining Shenzi’s confidence. I anticipate some romance in the next chapter (please?)

#2 Was hands-down the graveyard version of the Circle of Life. I would have paid to see it if it were really animated they way you portrayed. And the last was definitely when Fisadi blatantly flip-flopped from Shenzi to the next supposedly most powerful female. There’s no way Shenzi could’ve overlooked that, it is impossible for her to ever think he’s not a power-hungry womanizer now (and that’s just a clean version of what I was thinking, if I posted my real thoughts I’d be banned from this site for awhile…).

This story is coming to a delightful climax. I think I speak for all your readers, past and present, when I say “Thank you Breech Loader (Loa :)). I hope you don’t mind long reviews (but it’s a bit late for that now isn’t it?). Good luck on your next chapter!
Flunder chapter 12 . 6/27/2010
I liked your story so far. Not everything of it, but its still very very good.

Please do more. :)
A chapter 12 . 6/17/2010
cool
Lily chapter 12 . 6/16/2010
Right, i knw there arnt millions but wil 34 do? please? not many ppl read this so pleeeease i have to know!
Meeeee chapter 12 . 6/16/2010
PLEASE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE PLEASE
Queen Ghidorah chapter 12 . 6/3/2010
In-TENSE. I hope you plan to update again soon because I am so hopelessly hooked. Even the profanity seems to have a legitimate place, and I usually hate profanity. Oddly enough, the only word I'm having difficulty accepting is 'wanker'. I just can't hear it in Cheech Marin's voice, lol.
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »