Reviews for A Tale of Seven Years
Phantom reviewer chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
One question: if it's rated R, then why is it rated T?

-pr
Paosheep chapter 24 . 9/5/2008
Chapter 25 is apparently "Out of Range" and is rejecting all attempts at reviewing. But 24 seems alright, so it is in chapter 24's review that I will tell you that I really enjoyed this story. It was interesting and different from other fics I've read, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and ideas through this story, and by extension giving me a very good way to spend a couple hours.
Lisilgirl chapter 24 . 4/5/2008
WishIWould chapter 23 . 1/23/2007
I just finished reading "A Tale of Seven Years." I know you wrote it long ago, but I'm new to and have been reading all your old submissions as well as the new.

Can I even say how much this serial/novel moved me? I cried. What more can be said, except how I just felt such strong emotions welling up within me as I read, and I loved each character so deeply. I'll never play the game in the same way, that's for sure. I always like to imagine the feelings and thoughts of the character as I play; you have taken that even farther, but done so without violating what I think of as the "sanctity" of the characters. I hope you understand what I mean...

One thing I can say is (that you consistently write stories deep and thought-provoking enough for me to want to review EVERY SINGLE STORY! One thing that I love is how you recognize that it's not just a game and fun stories. You said it so well - it's a "beautiful world," and you have contributed so much in your own explorations of that world.

Having said all this, I'm going to show that I'm a good critic as well. There are a few grammatical mistakes - few enough and far between, but I thought you'd appreciate having them pointed out (I hope I'm not wrong!). Generally, if a dash is separating two parts of a sentence, there is a space on either side - like this. If it's connecting two words to make a single word/phrase, it's without spaces, like so: I'm a part-time beta reader. Also, be careful with which words are objects, such as I vs. me, who vs. whom, etc. I definitely recognize that you wrote thi fic...what...four years ago? Five? But I thought I'd mention these things anyway.

My favorite moments. Can I even list all of them? No. But Zelda and Link as wandering spirits in the Lost Woods was very touching. You develope their relationship tenderly, as befits them. I also like how you used the Lost Woods as the place for her spirit to wander. It makes sense, in a way that connects the reader to the world all over again. Sheik...do I even need to say? My heart plummeted into my gut when he took over her body. And it stuck in my throat when he cried in the mirror. Oh, oh oh oh. I don't know whether I wanted to sigh or cry or yell or what. I like to get very into what I'm reading, and the way you write your worlds just draws me in as a reader. Moments with Rauru and Zelda...especially the first and last time they met as sages. It hurt inside.

Your work also has so much literary value. Can I even get into all the symbolism? Light and darkness, oh my. That a woman of shadow (Onine) gave birth to a woman of light (Zelda), who in turn created a son of shadows (Sheik)? It's brilliant, and poignant. For, would shadows not exist if there wasn't light? Darkness would, but I think the specific consistent use of the word shadows to describe the Sheikah is significant. I shadow cannot be without light.

I also like how you said that darkness doesn't necessarily mean evil. I think it was a really important point. However, I'm glad you had Zelda think so, and stuck with her POV during the story - that's so crucial to a coherent story!

I don't know what the rules are about publishing "fan-fiction" in print are, except that I know it can be done (just look at Star Wars!). I highly encourage you to seek publication for this and any other completed works you have. You are one of the few fanfic writers of whom I believe publication is truly possible. Your works deserve to be put in print - for, as much fun as internet readng is, sitting down with a printed book feels different. I just think your stories would do well.
Sirael Lythling chapter 25 . 5/23/2005
I read this an couldn't review because the server was overloaded and that pissed me off, but i'm here now. This story was really sweet in the romantic sides of it, and intriguing because of the way that you incorporated the Sheikah. There were some parts in the story that brought various fanarts that I have seen to mind, but that's another topic. Anyway, this was beautifully written and I hope you keep it up, especially with more LOZ fanfics.
Plutarch chapter 25 . 1/5/2005
'He wouldn't remember, but I would never forget.'

For some odd reason this part made me cry. This story is so cool!
ProfessorSpork chapter 25 . 11/23/2004
that was awesome. Well thought out, great voice, good character development. I want a Rauru!
Greki chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
hey... i'm a staff member of the C2 "An LoZ Archive" and her manager asked me to tell ya that yer story is now on it

Thanks for the attention...

Oh and this fic's is Great by the way!
Shuggie chapter 25 . 9/14/2004
Hello, Hime! Please allow me to take a moment to comgratulate you on this very well written story. YAY! Kisses and hugs for you, darling. I found this story last night and just could not stop reading until it was over (which happened to be about 12:30 AM). I am very impressed. I love your views on the Sheikah. They're such a mysterious people, and that sort of draws me to them. They have endless possibilities! I've been meaning to write a story on them, but some of my other stroies and school are weighing me down. Damn senior year... Well, congrats on a very differnt take on Zelda's seven years while Link slept. I have yet to come across any that have really peaked my intrests. Considering I've only read this once, I can't offer a very good critique. Kaepora(is that how it's spelled? I'm too lazy to look it up right now.) was a bit cowardly in my opinion, definately not how I usually picture him. And Sheik was sort of the bad guy-I guess? Never quite thought of it like that. That is, if the Sheikah were to be born like that and take over their "parents'" bodies. Very good. Well, this review is getting a bit long, so I'll stop. PLease keep up your wonderful writing.

Mina-chan
Doogs788 chapter 3 . 4/29/2004
Hey, you might recongnize me from "The Destined".
This is amazing. I've read stories with this kind of plot, but they are wannabes compared to this. This might be the best story I've every read actually focused on Zelda.
Rai Dragmire chapter 25 . 3/7/2004
Wow this is as good as the Destined and that is a kick ass story that countless numbers of my friends enjoyed. I like how you sort of made Sheik the villan and this is a fantasic story! Please keep writing awesome fanfics!
foofbunny chapter 25 . 2/11/2004
Oh. My F*cking god! THAT WAS AWESOME! I love this story so much! lovelovelove it! *dances*
ps I can see where The Mists of Avalon came in *nod, nod*
SO AWESOME!
daniel alfaro chapter 25 . 1/28/2004
Well, this has definitely got to be the best fanfic I've read on this site. Not that you have much competition, but still. It works, you know? That's about the best way I can put that. I would love to work with you on something but I have no real interest in doing anything else zelda related. Actually, I'm not too interested in doing fanfics at all. Keep up the good work. I'll add you to my authors list so I can catch up on your other stories. Once again, good job.
Grey-X chapter 8 . 1/20/2004
I'm sure you've gotten plenty of reviews telling you this, but this is definitely one of the best Nintendo fics I've ever read. It's so well-written and thought out, it might as well be Nintendo's official account of what went down while Link was in stasis in the Temple of Time. Not to mention, this has served as inspiration for my own upcoming Zelda story...
SoulCaliburalso known as Bishingo chapter 2 . 11/26/2003
YAY!I read the whole story and didn't want review all the chapters so...WOW!