Reviews for Burn
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Wasted years.
REgrrl chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Lovely. I think in older times that the inability of people to correspond easily and the mores/values held people back from pursuing insincere relationships. Edwards fantasy recollections of a lovely if unattainable muse is not unreasonable. Bella's situation as a widow allows her the ability to find and seek a physical relationship and to be wooed quickly by Edward. The expectation that they are simple creatures enamored of each other at this point in life is a lovely romantic fantasy. I do believe that realtionships were forged in steel just like this in my grandparents times. Letters, intentions, ethics and stereotypical roles were the fabric of lives. Some of these things are lost in today's society. Very well written.
LuvnmesumEdward chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Sweet :)
KeeWit chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Wonderful story!
Lulu chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
So achingly sweet.
tiny20 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
ah girl, actions speak louder then words
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This was wonderful. Very sweet characters.
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
good fic
ParasiteGoddess chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I really enjoyed your story..very emotional and well written.
robspunkypatzz chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I enjoyed reading your story,so beautiful and sweet!
emeralddahlia chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
This is lovely...
sharonjane chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
What a beautiful story. Unrequited, decade long love finally resolved.

Their joining together in quiet passion was more moving and intense than any graphic love scene I have read. It spoke of emotion and longing with strong passionate undertones.

The emotion evoked through the writing style spoke of that era in time very effectvely. I could feel the restrained gentlemanly nature of men of that time along with the timidity of a woman and a widow to do anything innapropriate, while also feeling the yearning from both of them for love and acceptance.

I believe they came together at the right time for both of them, social constraints earlier in their lives may not have allowed them to love one another, shown effectively when she saw him while shopping, she thought him handsome and admired him, but quickly dismissed any thoughts of him as they moved in different circles and also shown through his inability to be able to approach her when they were younger.

He has loved her for a long time and I feel sure that her feelings although not there yet, will follow quietly, but quickly.

Extremely enjoyable story. I would love to read a longer fic in this style if you ever wrote again in a similar era.

Sharon
Northern Light1000 chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Beautiful. Thank you.
GeekMama Bee chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I am just now learning of this and wanted to say Thank You for writing this.

You have such a lovely way with words and this touched me so much.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work!

Best,

LoraB.
dustybritches01 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I love that this was written in a narrative form. Because SM's books are first person account, much of the fanfic is first person. First person is only effective if the person narrating is intuitive of the people around them. SM did not always succeed with having bella interpret people for us and I believe that frustration has lead to all of the wonderful EPOV fanfic. I know that is blasphemy and akin to biting the hand that has so generously fed us but my opinion non the less. Bella needed a omnissient narrator.

This a beautiful sweet, story with lilt of language from a bye-gone era. Well crafted. Thank you
130 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »