Reviews for Burn
dustybritches01 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I love that this was written in a narrative form. Because SM's books are first person account, much of the fanfic is first person. First person is only effective if the person narrating is intuitive of the people around them. SM did not always succeed with having bella interpret people for us and I believe that frustration has lead to all of the wonderful EPOV fanfic. I know that is blasphemy and akin to biting the hand that has so generously fed us but my opinion non the less. Bella needed a omnissient narrator.

This a beautiful sweet, story with lilt of language from a bye-gone era. Well crafted. Thank you
meadow11 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
so beautiful ...
xpossibly chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
It was beautiful, no question about that. The way you delivered each line was just powerful. But there's something off that I cannot pinpoint. Anyway, good job. :)
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This is absolutely wonderful and lovely.

It's beautiful how the thoughts about Bella seemed to help Edward through his days at the front, before he realized their connection was all in his head. But even after that, he couldn't forget about her and his love for her only grew. It made me feel like his love for her is unconditionally and meant to be. Your limited use of spoken words only encouraged this feeling, like they don't have to speak to know they will be perfect for each other now.

Sigh.. so romantic.. :)
KayRayLovesLove chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
This is so, unbelievably sweet, it's breaking my heart. Well, temporarily, at least.

Thanks for writing this; you're incredibly talented.
Bee's Bookshelf chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I thought this was incredibly beautiful. You are a brilliant writer.
neelix lee chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
so sweet brings tears to the eyes
stephi910 chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
sad and sweet...great story
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This story is quietly beautiful and intense. His love for her all those years grew in him over time. I don't think if he had made his feelings known any earlier in their lives that she would have succumbed to him or his longings. It took time, the tragedies of war and her loneliness to bring her to a point in her life to accept him without the pretense of social standing.
asiula chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Absolutely beautiful :)
Cullen sister chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
WOW. I have no words. This was so beautiful, so romantic, so sweet. Breathtaking. *throws flowers at screen* Brava!
reader chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
quite beautiful. thank you.
trisha63 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Just a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed this beautifully written little one shot. Time period pieces always facinate me and the whole World War II time period is truly endearing and romantic. Edward is an absolute gentleman in everyway and brings Bella out of the dark shell of a live she was living just as he liberates himself, as well. Your telling of their story is absolutely revealing, romantic, and sensual, without being smutty. I have read much of your other writings but missed Black and White before it was pulled, so I wish you well with your novel. Again, thanks for such a wonderful little story and keep up the fantastic work. Trisha
hpdude-4life chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
beautiful.

marv.ic chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I found this story while looking for updates for Hope May Vanish(which I also love). This is a beautifully written one-shot; it is very poetic. I liked the poetic beginning lines. The use of anaphora and repetition of structure to show the progression of Edward's feelings for Bella. This is a well thought out piece; I can tell your choices of third-person narrative, limited use of dialogue, and diction were carefully chosen to evoke the era. I love the characterization of Edward and Bella. It is a short piece, but they are fully developed characters.
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »