Reviews for Burn
meadow11 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
so beautiful ...
xpossibly chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
It was beautiful, no question about that. The way you delivered each line was just powerful. But there's something off that I cannot pinpoint. Anyway, good job. :)
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This is absolutely wonderful and lovely.

It's beautiful how the thoughts about Bella seemed to help Edward through his days at the front, before he realized their connection was all in his head. But even after that, he couldn't forget about her and his love for her only grew. It made me feel like his love for her is unconditionally and meant to be. Your limited use of spoken words only encouraged this feeling, like they don't have to speak to know they will be perfect for each other now.

Sigh.. so romantic.. :)
KayRayLovesLove chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
This is so, unbelievably sweet, it's breaking my heart. Well, temporarily, at least.

Thanks for writing this; you're incredibly talented.
Bee's Bookshelf chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I thought this was incredibly beautiful. You are a brilliant writer.
neelix lee chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
so sweet brings tears to the eyes
stephi910 chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
sad and sweet...great story
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This story is quietly beautiful and intense. His love for her all those years grew in him over time. I don't think if he had made his feelings known any earlier in their lives that she would have succumbed to him or his longings. It took time, the tragedies of war and her loneliness to bring her to a point in her life to accept him without the pretense of social standing.
asiula chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Absolutely beautiful :)
Cullen sister chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
WOW. I have no words. This was so beautiful, so romantic, so sweet. Breathtaking. *throws flowers at screen* Brava!
reader chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
quite beautiful. thank you.
trisha63 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Just a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed this beautifully written little one shot. Time period pieces always facinate me and the whole World War II time period is truly endearing and romantic. Edward is an absolute gentleman in everyway and brings Bella out of the dark shell of a live she was living just as he liberates himself, as well. Your telling of their story is absolutely revealing, romantic, and sensual, without being smutty. I have read much of your other writings but missed Black and White before it was pulled, so I wish you well with your novel. Again, thanks for such a wonderful little story and keep up the fantastic work. Trisha
hpdude-4life chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
beautiful.

marv.ic chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I found this story while looking for updates for Hope May Vanish(which I also love). This is a beautifully written one-shot; it is very poetic. I liked the poetic beginning lines. The use of anaphora and repetition of structure to show the progression of Edward's feelings for Bella. This is a well thought out piece; I can tell your choices of third-person narrative, limited use of dialogue, and diction were carefully chosen to evoke the era. I love the characterization of Edward and Bella. It is a short piece, but they are fully developed characters.
pippapear chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
How shockingly bad am I?

I meant to, once our winners were announced, come back and review my fave's from the competition. Of course I haven't done.

I feel EVEN worse, to not review yours when it was my judges choice.. . I hope you can overlook my delay! (I hope that my review on the blog helped a wee bitty!)

Wow. This story.

I think what I loved most about this story, particularly in relation to not only the other entries in the competition but also the subject matter of war, was its subtlety. Yes war is indeed a trifle bowl of subtleties - layer upon layer of emotions and tragedies and personal horrors. (excuse the dessert analogy) but most stories of war, most coverage of war, most footage of war - seem to be brash, over the top, loud, larger than life. Almost an over stimulation for the senses of all involved. But too much exposure to all that seems to lead us to become numb to it, or worn out about it to the point of avoidance or perhaps the opposite end of the scale - to be over excited and entranced by it. So the subtleties of your story were welcome to me.

It stripped the events of WWII back to its human cost, endurance, pain and hope. But it also stripped back the emotions and rituals of love, of trust and communication.

It truly was a delight to read.

So very visual, so very atmospheric.

I loved how you used the narrative. You said so much without them actually saying much. Which is so realistic. After all only 30percent of communication is verbal. Why should the communication of love, of falling in love, the merging of souls, the deciding of destiny. Of wooing. Why should that be any different?

Their love seemed so realistic. Their fusing of souls and futures so right & natural. The setting was perfect.

The gentle expectations warred with the traditions and way of the time created the perfect back drop for this period.

The things that mattered to bella about who Edward was and what he wanted from her were so genuine. Kind eyes, smile, gentleness, to be cherished, cared for, to love all were so genuine.

I fell seriously in love with this story as you can probably tell!

Thank you so so so much.

Lotsa love.