Reviews for A Life in Moments
fightboredom chapter 86 . 3/15
Yeah this whole story is depressing, especially the ending. And frustrating to try to read chronologically. Merlin's mistake is not standing up to Arthur, not making him see that asserting himself more, and potentially eventually usurping his father is necessary. Just because Merlin won't kill him and will protect him for Arthur's sake doesn't mean he needs to remain King till death. That is the only solution for the problem of excessive passivity and allowing injustice to go too long creating more problems. In all the Merlin fanfiction's I've read only one or two have had Arthur become king while Uther lives. Needs to be more that take that obvious route.
fightboredom chapter 80 . 3/14
Stupid ungrateful Arthur. because he is simple and only thinks in straight lines and black and white he disregards friendship, trust and respect. Merlin should have told him "Good luck" and walked away. Show him how hopeless he is without Merlin
fightboredom chapter 80 . 3/14
bastet iirc not basted
fightboredom chapter 24 . 3/14
foment not ferment
fightboredom chapter 56 . 3/14
Yeah I'm sorry I just can't sympathize with with Morgana or anyone who so stupidly let's their emotions (especially negative ones) rule their behavior. I can understand not hating Morgana but not forgiving her. She's always been this way, canonically and even here after years of Merlin's influence, no real change or character improvement. Arthur has a similar problem with not using his head or thinking in general but he's also less emotional overall so we only see him doing something stupid because he's angry a few times in canon. He's not as petty or vindictive etc. as Morgana, he just doesn't think or think critically or question his father's idiocy.
fightboredom chapter 48 . 3/14
I would have responded with "And did you forget your feelings when you asked me to find a way for you to marry Gwen? Did you do what was best for the kingdom or your people when you refused to marry Jacqueline even though you could have stayed with Gwen?" Arthur's a giant hypocrite.
fightboredom chapter 46 . 3/14
Merlin really should have forced Arthur to think through the consequences of not marrying Jaqueline. Forced him to realize that he was sacrificing Morgana (and Merlin). He could have been with Gwen while being married to someone all 4 of them liked and Mergana could continue albeit never married. Vs now Morgana has no control may leave Camelot and only 2/4 are happy (2/5 counting Jacqueline, and they're less happy if Morgana has to leave). He also should have impressed upon Arthur how dangerous an unhappy Morgana is and how much his influence has tempered her behavior. He should have had to know all the risks of his selfish decision.
fightboredom chapter 31 . 3/14
These chapters are humorous but I really don't see Merlin being the role-playing type and barely for Morgana.
Adele chapter 99 . 8/1/2019
Truly a train wreck. Breaking Merlin and Morgana apart is always a train wreck.
Adele chapter 82 . 8/1/2019
Morgana leaving Camelot is bad. Arthur giving Merlin ultimatums is bad. Not happy.
Adele chapter 60 . 8/1/2019
Good for Gwen and Arthur. Now Merlin and Morgana need to get married.
Adele chapter 56 . 8/1/2019
I am impressed with your research. There is Merlin s cave in tintagel . So?
Adele chapter 45 . 7/31/2019
This is the tragedy of this story. Morgana being bartered to someone other than Merlin when they truly belong together. Especially painful that Arthur has married Gwen . Not fair! Not nice! not right!
Adele chapter 44 . 7/31/2019
What beautiful writing on free agency. With Uther trusting and relying on merlin more. Itseems he would see his value and elevate his station so he and Morgana can marry.
Adele chapter 33 . 7/31/2019