Reviews for Rebuilding Japan
ShyUnow chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
3!
Ao Chou Yan chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I'm usually not into sex scenes, and the same can be said here, but I love the raw emotion you manage to portray. Not a lot of people can do it so smoothly as you, and the feelings were just beautiful.
kiku-honda12 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Where is the LJ on your AFF account?
A person chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
aww, i really like this 1! it's my favorite pairing. on a scale of 1 to 10 i give it 100! it sucks that the website cut out a lot of your story though!
emilypineapple chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I love it! can you read my story please with germany and russia
Trumpet-Geek chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
LOVE THIS FIC. It's such a beautiful story, how Japan and America became allies after so much pain was caused between them...
IchirakuGleekFreek1214 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
I love this story! It was amazing! There were so many times I wanted to cry! Please do another story like this!
Well Groomed Goldfish chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Overall, good fic. It was very adorable and your writing style is very smooth. The interactions between Japan and America were very cute, and I particularily enjoyed the ending.

There were, however, a few things that irked me about this fic; Arthur was way Ooc (he was half dead himself at this point; I can't really see him sympathizing with Japan, moreover getting up to yell at America to fix Japan considering that such was not the practice that he himself was used to, and at that time, he owed America quite a bit). Also, America didn't try to justify Hiroshima or Nagasaki at all. This is still a controversial topic in America today; Alfred would be torn on whether the bombings were "good" or not. (Personally, I think he would have been plauged by the guilt that you were able to capture so well while trying to justify what he did..more like "Oh shit what did I do but fuck I had to do it" instead of "Oh shit what did I do") Finally, why would Japan go to America or England after surrendering...? After the bombings, Japan expected to be punished by the allies, not helped.

The bombings of Hiroshima is a very sensitive subject at my house, which is why I'm being so nitpicky about your fic. Honestly, what I pointed out were, as I said, were minor points that irked me. They didn't make me want to destroy this fic or flame you as you are a perfectly capable writer; they're simply things I noticed after hearing about this time and time again. This was a very good fic; as I've already said, the writing is smooth and you are able to capture emotions very well. Other reviews sum up most of my praise; this was a very emotional and overall well-done fic.
Artemisfox chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
AWWW SO CUTE
Proser132 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Hey, sorry I didn't log in...

This is amazing. There isn't nearly enough plausible AmJap out there, and this is by far one of my favourites. I devoured it as quickly as possible, and it's been a while since I enjoyed a fanfiction so utterly. And the sex scene was tasteful, not obscene or shy; it was truthful, and I loved it.

I look forward to reading more of your work!

proser132
crazyanimefreakygirl chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
That was just amazing! You absolutely MUST write more on the story. It ended great, but now I want to know more about what happens! lol

So adorable and emotional and just amazing! /
VodkaKolKolKol chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
That was cool. Not cool as in an ice cube, but cool as in Awesome!
Numanom chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Oh my gosh, this story was excellent! I can't believe there aren't more reviews here, honestly! I especially liked this phrase:

"That was probably when Alfred realized how lonely it was being the hero, because when you were the hero, your enemies would always be out to get you and you could never afford to be close to anyone." I think it really sums up Alfred's self-imposed isolation, and his loneliness, perfectly! I also loved your characterization of Japan; you really made him into a strong, yet fragile character, which is exactly how I always picture him.

Oh, please, Please let there be a sequel! :DD
Eliza Darling chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Extremely beautiful and heart-gripping. You've really given America's character depth. Japan was adorable throughout the story, and I literally had tears stinging my eyes toward the end. While reading, I couldn't help but play the tune "Hikari no Sasu Basho" from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which, surprisingly, fit (not the lyrics, of course, but definitely the mood). You have excellent characterization skills, my love, so keep up the amazing work!

Maggie
Lady Suji chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This story was amazing. The writing and story were absolutely flawless! You kept the story flowing, and that is very important (at least, it keeps me reading! :D). Alfred also had a lot of depth, and this showed a different side of him. All in all, I love it! Keep up the good work!