Reviews for Drops of Water on a Fireplace
TophFan chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Excellent, your descriptions are really good, and believe me, I know a lot about descriptions...(my friend, for one, is amazing at them)
Scar-Faced Hundred chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
This story is awesome! Are you planning on continuing any time soon?

~Jo
daantje chapter 2 . 12/19/2010
aaaawwhhh I want more

plssss i'm dieing to know what's going to happen

i'm sorry english isn't my first language xD
Rheya chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
I like this! It's intriuging! :D

Please update soon!
alagaesha chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
Very nice! I would LOVE to see this updated and finished. ]
Madm05 chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
This is excellent! Your pace is good, and I like the way everything is framed here. You capture Katara's point of view well. And I don't know if it was intentional, but I also like how you focus on a different sense in each chapter-first smell, now sound. I like it.

It is a very interesting alternate reality taht you have created here. Lu Ten's presence is particularly interesting, since he is alive but Kya is not-at least she wasn't mentioned-when tehy died aroud the same time. I am eager to see what changes you have made. I look forward to future updates.

Cheers,

Madm_05
crystalfilm chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
Really interesting so far, I like the premise and I can't wait to see what happens when she arrives in the fire nation. And Lu Ten! I have barely seen him in any fics, and I'm looking forward to see how his character is.
Blouta chapter 2 . 3/27/2010
Lu Ten? Well that explains why a frown seemed odd on his face. Had it been Zuko and it would've been a SMILE that looked odd on his face.

Anyways, I like the idea. And I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Grace chapter 2 . 3/21/2010
Ok, so maybe I'm being a review..over-giver...but I don't much care at the moment.

The imagery you use is very effective, your descriptions pull the reader into the world you invented. A war torn world, it seems, but to whom does the responsibility of the war belong? What is the state of the world? I know you'll write it out, these are simply musings. It's very generous of the Fire Nation, even if teaching her is an excuse for something more, the fact that they considered the need is great.

3 to Lu Ten because he's amazing. He calls her "Jukwan" and I want to know what language that comes from and what it means.

Don't forget that you're awesome!
lostatseanomore chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
Wow, you did a fantastic job with this! I love the immense detail and description that suck you into the narrative completely. Keep at it!

Loved it! Update soon!
Kesshichan chapter 2 . 3/18/2010
Very nice. Love the imagery.
Rashaka chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
I'm intrigued! This is a storyline I've always imagined for a more adult version of Katara, but it'd be nice to see it from a young girl's perspective. The only part that seems questionable to me (and nearly unfixable at this point) is the fact that she was sent alone. If a waterbender is so VERY rare, then it doesn't make sense for them to send her, obviously still a young girl rather than an adult, to another country completely unescorted. If they can spare her, they can spare an older female chaperon and at least one warrior-or better, two. Yes. That would give her a neutral adult "adviser" to keep her from being exploited, and two protectors to work as partners in keeping them safe.

That's something you can add later, on another boat, or you can just press forward and we can assume that there IS a reason why she wasn't given an escort, and that it's simply a reason Katara isn't yet privvy too, since this is her POV. But if you alluded to the plot hole at some point, that'd be...illuminating. )

Otherwise, yay! I like the idea of Lu Ten and I am excited to see this version of the FN. I take it this is somehow AU post-war? Perhaps it's post-war because Iroh rules instead of Ozai. Oohh...now I'm picturing Iroh ruling with Ozai still around and plotting in corners, possibly using the waterbender transfer student for nefarious plots toward and international incident. Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm sure we'll enjoy it!
janedoe401 chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
I am at a loss for words. It's really wonderfully rendered. Every motion, every thought, how Katara can't sleep and Lu Ten. Aw... Truly truly wonderful. Please please do continue this I can't wait to read the next chapter!
sharkflip chapter 2 . 3/15/2010