Reviews for The Lord of Gifts
ArwenGranger chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Aww I loved it, especially the image of little Aragorn stuck up the bell tower.
LyNn-6t7 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I love Aragorn and Frodo stories. But it’s so hard to find ones that are real. It either seems like the writer is trying too hard or they make them so OC that I want to scream.
Honestly I gave up on LOTR fan fiction a long time ago, because it seemed wrong that someone would try to write in Tolkien’s world.
Granted I'm a rabid fanfic reader of at least a dozen or more different books and movies but I've never stuck to any LOTR fics. (which is strange cause out of all that I've read and of all the subjects I've got on my favorites list on this site, Tolkien is still listed as my number 1 favorite, from the 'tales of tom bombadil' to 'the lost tales and other writings. With the LOTR, The Hobbit, and The Simarillion all tucked in the middle.')
I inhale anything I can get my hands on that deals with middle earth and yet I was unable to find any satisfaction in Fan fiction.
Then one day out of complete boredom I decide to give it another chance. And as I mentioned I like Frodo/Aragorn stories that revolve around friendship.
I did a simple search and found you.
And now I must give you a very large THANK YOU!
It’ been years since I’ve had that excited feeling of reading something new of middle earth (as I believe I’ve found all that I can in Tolkien’s own words)
I never dreamed I’d find that excitement in fan fiction. But I have. I am currently in the process of devouring up your stories.
So I hope this long review full of babblings isn’t too tiresome for you….as I expect this won’t be the last. ;)
LGM chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
this was wonderfull, i love reading stories of such nature. is it possible that we could see the book in question where a young estel climbs the tower?
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
What a touching story about Aragorn and Frodo you've written, thank you.

Peofl Bramble of Willowbottom.
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
very good
InuEnki chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
"Should you happen to come across a tale about a child who climbed to the top of the bell tower wearing Master Elrond's best feastday circlet, pretended to be Eärendil until hours past bedtime, was afraid to climb down again, and had to be rescued by Erestor, I can assure you that it is a complete fabrication."

Frodo grinned, and Aragorn winked and walked away.

Ohhhhhhh, Shirebound! If you should ever wish to venture into young Estel stories (which I ADORE) I would LOVE to read that tale! Oh, please, please! shamelessly begging Still, this was a wonderful short piece. Always love Frodo/ Aragorn bonding. :)
Nikikeya chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Thats a good start, now, finish the rest of the story: All 1008 pages. XDDD

Actually, as this takes place after the "Council of Elrond" Than you need write only 744 pages more. lol
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Dear Shirebound: This is a story that is simultaneously sweet and shrewd. It is a keen insight into why both Frodo and Aragorn trusted each other and got along so well from the very first. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for writing and posting it! Sincerely, Darkover
Karm Starkiller chapter 1 . 8/12/2010

Why can I see little Estel/Aragorn doing that? You always manage to put the perfect amount of sweetness and fluff to balance out the seriousness. I wish I could write half as well as you.
Larner chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This is truly a sweet tale, Shirebound, as Aragorn contemplates the nature of gifts! At least he and Frodo proved worthy of one another.
black4minister chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Oh that was lovely. And I like that you put the little bit of humour in at the end. That was a nice touch. It was a really good peice overall.

blacky xox
cat94208 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
This a great story. I've read almost all of your stories and can't wait for more. I have chosen this story for my first review on here. Aragorn is my favorite character and I love stories of him and the hobbits. Thank you for writing.
girlofring chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I loved this story. I have been away for so long, that I have missed a lot of new additions. I have added this to my favorites list.
bethahnee chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Haha, I can just picture little Aragorn playing atop the bell tower and then not being able to climb down. :) Such a wonderful image.

Also I love how you described the library with the fireplace and the couch, I could almost feel the warmth flickering at me.

Great job as always! :)

TR18 (Anargil)
TinAlice chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Again, so much heart! I really like stories like this, that show the friendship's and deep connection's all the Fellowship shared!

Even a Ranger used to solitude and a hobbit used to crazy parties (with fireworks!) can be close! Though it would seem Aragorn did some sneaky stuff himself...climbing the bell tower? Wearing Lord Elrond's prized circlet(wich he 'borrowed' of course)... :) Again, very sweet story, thank you for writing it! And thank you for the response from my last review! Keep writing and I'll keep reviewing!