Reviews for Not for Anything in the World
I tried to deal with spanking thing throughout the story, but I just don't like it. Other than that it was a good story
Charlie0925 chapter 16 . 12/3/2014
Awesome writing here hon! I LOVE THIS SERIES and cannot wait to read more! ;o)
Emma.m.1837 chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
Your stories would be great but I hate all this stuff about punishment and spanking.
Me chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
I don't understand getting spanked. I was spanked maybe twice in my entire life, and it happened when I was under the age of six. Why is it so common for twelve year olds to get spanked in your story? It adds nothing to the story line, and by the time kids are twelve getting yelled at hurts more than getting spanked. That only ever happens to very young kids. Other than that, great story
Phil Boswell chapter 7 . 9/12/2013
Surely if Harry has been brought up by the Marauders, he would know about Parseltongue, just like Ron does: Hermione got it from a book, but Ron would not!
Emperor Andross chapter 15 . 1/16/2013
I'm sorry this has gone way to far, I've tried to put up with this story, I really like it and there are some very funny bits to it, but the spanking thing has just gone to ridiculous extremes, I'm sorry to say that you've lost a reader, & I suggest that you are probably losing others as well for the same reason. The whole thing about the spanking is totally over the top, from the assumption that it would even happen to the amount that it drags on and on and on. It's not a good plot point, it does nothing to develop the characters, and I couldn't be bothered, picking through gratuitous violence to find the good parts of the story.
If you ever do a reedited version, without all of the stupidity of the spanking please let me know.
I apologise if I seem harsh, but it is very disappointing to see such a good author, ruining their stories with something totally over the top and stupid.
Emperor Andross chapter 9 . 1/16/2013
Sorry, didn't like this chapter at all, I think everyone was totally out of character just to fit in a scene which had no place being there.
I also can't imagine McGonagall being happy about James turning up during the middle of school and making a scene in front of everyone.
I'm sorry, this is a good story, but this is just asking people to suspend disbelief too much for something that is so out of character for everyone involved.
Emperor Andross chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Once again, as I said for the previous story, this constant theme of spanking ruins what in truth is otherwise a very good story. It is gratuitous. The fact that in the last story, Harry spent most of the time he was with his father asking him if he was going to be punished, speaks for itself. Normal children, in normal relationships with their parents do not do that, it is a fear that does nothing to evolve the closeness and love that the Narrative keeps telling us they have.
Sheldon Potter chapter 16 . 10/11/2012
A cliffhanger! It was really good idea taking Harry out of school, and I'd never of thought of it. And now on the the third installment...
marca chapter 15 . 5/21/2012
just reread part of your story, it's just great!

in this chapter, i love the conversation between sirius and harry.

thanks for all your work.
writingblondie chapter 16 . 4/4/2012
I've now read both the first and second stories from this series. I absolutely adore them and it's a completely new take on the whole "potters survive" thing. I myself have a "lily survived" story that i'm in the middle of writing. The one criticism i have though, and i'm sorry for this but its just really bugging me i know how annoying this can be from a reviewer, is the spankings. The way i was raised, hitting was never okay even as a punishment and in my mind spanking is hitting. You're still hitting their bum, aren't you? It's not really my place to say but that part of the chapter i usually skip over since i just cant even read about it. I'm sorry if i've offended you. I LOVE the stories otherwise and i think you've done a wonderful job with them. I never would have thought to take Harry out of Hogwarts! Brilliant! I can't wait to see what happens when he finds out about Peter! Siriusly (lol i couldnt help myself), great job!
Dr34ming chapter 16 . 4/4/2012
I absolutely love your James. Please don't kill him off!
Dr34ming chapter 3 . 4/4/2012
I absolutely adore the marauder scenes on your series. The three of them are so funny and awesome.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
That's a disgusting punishment, really, it's just barbaric. It's a horrible way to treat a child and Lily would never have let James do it. I don't think he would have anyways.

Other than that... Wonderful story! I like it a lot!
marca chapter 16 . 9/30/2011
Today I'm in a mood to read funny chapters, and this last chapter is so incredible funny. I know, in your newest story, in the fifth part, the situation is difficult and serious, but please, please, also write funny things, because you are so great in writing funny dialogues. My favourites in this chapter:

"You knocked him out?" Sirius asked. "You're only supposed to hit them on the bum, mate."

and also this:

"You know, it's the strangest thing," Sirius said. "I think I've just gone temporarily deaf."

"Me too," Remus said, following Sirius's lead. "Odd, isn't it?"

"Must be a new wizard's disease that only affects thirty-three year old virgins." Sirius said bluntly.

"Speak for yourself," Remus retorted.

Sirius and James both roared with laughter. Harry turned, if possible, even redder.

"Moony, you made a joke! And it was actually funny!" James said.

"His first joke," Sirius responded. "They grow up so fast."

"Don't worry, I won't let it go to my head," Remus deadpanned.

"I would like it known that I'm not really a virgin." Sirius explained, "I haven't been one of those since I was-"