Reviews for Tuning the Hard Strings
Guest chapter 8 . 12/3/2013
Please, update! I'm anxious too see other cap soon!
caelumnoctis23 chapter 8 . 3/20/2012
Yo!

school has really kept me out of reading fanfiction : but i'm glad there was an update, and shame on me for not being able to read it earlier ;P

i seem to understand school a lot more now. i can relate to the part where there were a lot of students in the halls (that's the normal case in dormitories, and i saw it first hand)... hmmm... high school days... how nostalgic...

i feel absolutely of sorry for Rinoa, and a bit annoyed at Squall (just a little though), even though i'm very much like him in real life, being quiet and all...

the last part made the next chapter really something to look forward to :D i hope we would be able to find out what would happen next :)

Keep it up XD
Sakura123 chapter 8 . 5/28/2011
I feel like I've just run out of popcorn. Not necessarily a cliffhanger, but, gah, I wanna know what happens next (will Julia be alright? Will Rinoa?). I've really enjoyed what I've read so far.

I'm not terribly fond of AU VIII fics of this kind, but I like what you've done with the characters and their relationships (particularly with Squall, Tidus, Seifer Cloud and Zell. All of them in one place is just too awesome). Any story that features Julia above and beyond the passing mention certainly has my vote/attention.

I can't wait to see what happens next

Sakura123
gleamfang chapter 8 . 4/10/2011
Omg... Why does everybody kill off Julia Heartily? She doesn't deserve to keep dying at such a young age! Well I mean I can see why you did it but just voicing out my thoughts.

I really like how you portray Squall's character here sometimes sweet and mostly bitter it really suits him and I'm glad that you worked within his character.

I also particularly enjoy Rinoa's personality here where she's a tough girl that puts her feelings out there most of the time but convinces everyone she will be ok until...stuff happens.

Thanks for writing this and I can't wait for the next chapters!
gleamfang chapter 3 . 4/10/2011
Having Rinoa and Squall bicker and try to one up each other is a really creative way to simulate their constant arguing and what not in the game. Well done oh and imagining Squall playing charades: priceless!
IceLilyLaura chapter 8 . 4/8/2011
MORE!

!

You have some serious writing talent! YOU HAVE TO FINISH TTHIS STORY! :o It's amazing!
frostedvalor chapter 8 . 3/31/2011
Interesting story you have going on here! At first, I thought Squall was a bit OOC for being too vocal and expressive, but he's developing as a character wonderfully. :D The twists with Lenne realizing what was wrong and backing out on the plan (though I was hoping for a more gradual development, but it was nice to see her come to her senses right away) and Rinoa's fan club being added was interesting too. Epic clan war as an extra chapter? XD Cloud's role in the story is great and helps move the plot along too (otherwise Squall would never do anything...for now anyway). I love the "mind-reading" ability you gave him. Keep on writing! I'd hate to see another good story unfinished.
MitsukiEhl chapter 8 . 3/8/2011
waaaaaaah. what happens next? more more.
Sorceress Rinoa Heartilly chapter 8 . 2/27/2011
I'm sorry I haven't review, but the school is really keeping me busy C... But well, thanks God I'm in springbreak. It was nice chapter, but at the end very sad... Just one question, is Julia death? Or is she gonna die or survive? (But you don't have to answer them, it's better to be a surprise or to leave it in mystery until the next chapter) Well, at least Squall is more open to Rinoa, that's a thing! But it really makes me sad for Rinoa that car accident, but well that's how the story is going on and it's going great! Every story has it's happy times and sad times, no? And you did a good job describing the truck driver, hehe... but well... I hope to see the next the chapter, so good luck and see ya!
Angel-Wings Naya chapter 8 . 1/17/2011
wow...I totally love it! Poor Rinoa... I wonder what will happen next... Will Julia be ok? I hope she won't die... :(

I can't wait to read more! Update soon!

No one can predict the future, there are no guarantees

Nagia!
Meadow Dweller chapter 8 . 1/5/2011
UR BACK! WHOO HOO pah-tayy!

Came weekend. hi. weekend came. heyy

O.o that's my crappy way of saying i think "weekend came" sounds better -.- haha my orange juice smells like alcohol. once, my apple juice was left in the refrigerator-opened but sealed shut-for too long (a week or two) n then it changed color, more "foggy" n wen i opened it (to drink) it smelled like alcohol...yeah.

the last paragraph was kinda confusing, "she almost lost her life." so she didnt die? wat a relief! rinoa will be so relieved! i wonder who texted her :/ im almost sure the text didnt straight out say that her mom died...regarless of my earlier inquiry :/

Squall is so smooth, ordering Rinoa to sing without her knowing ;D so smart

it's so cool how well Zell and Tidus evaded Rinoa's question lol

great chapter! . plzzz update soon. welcome back ;)
Cerulean Crystal chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
thank god your back anyway the last paragraph is confusing. so did she die or not? anyway update soon. i want to see more of cloud...
MonMonCandie chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
-tackles you and never lets you go- DUDE! You're writing again! -cries tears of joy- We...We missed you!

...Ahem! Anyways! XD I'm so glad you're back on track with the story! I love how you mix and mingled the characters together in this chapter! The crossover characters (like Cloud and Tidus) fit well with the FF8 cast! You made me laugh with Tidus and I absolutely love your characterization of Cloud. He's such a sweetheart! And surprisingly enough, you brought up those two stalkers again... WHO ARE THEY? LOL

Fuuu... I love what you're doing with Squall. It's like he's curiosity of Rinoa is being piqued every time he's with her. His little message that he wrote made me go "aww..." and then again when he was supposedly smiling during practice! I can really see him being the one to notice his feelings first for Rinoa, but I won't be able to confirm this...unless you write the next chapter!

...OH! But I'm also suspenseful! Like, what the heck! D: I can't believe you did THAT at the end of the chapter! I know you'll find some way to explain the small situation, but dude you are pulling me in like always! What's going to happen? What's Rinoa going to do? What's Squall going to do? How will they finish the song now? Things like that need to be answered!

This chapter was a nice way of bringing back you're return! :) Yes, there are some typos as someone else has mentioned, but you can always go back and correct them. ;) Hope you'll find more inspiration to write! I promise I won't tie you to a chair if you update quicker! -shot-

J/K! XD We'll be waiting for the next chapter and hopefully you update soon!
Angelwings chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
oh, how sad! I really enjoyed the character development in this chapter and although it ended on a sad note I can see how this will be a good set up for Squall and Rinoa getting closer in later chapters.

Also, the way Squall is slowly warming up to Rinoa keeps his character true to the original and I enjoy the way you are taking your time with the process. Many authors rush into making Squall open up and then the whole story is cheapened and becomes silly.

Overall you are doing a great job with this and I have no negative things to say about your writing!

Please keep up the great work and update soon3
Niqsta chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Nice to see you're back and posting.

I wasnt expecting more of this chapter, not that death was dramatic but i kinda knew that it was heading there when Julia wasnt replying.

Interested to see where this is heading.

On nother note, a re-read of this chapter could be useful, there were several grammar and tense mistakes that is very OOC for you :p I'll blame the holidays for that on eh? ;)