Reviews for In the Prophet's Tent
Assisted-Living-Dracula chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Would love, love, love to read more of Rukshash's younger days. Awesome character. Kind of been fangirling the bejeezus out of him.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Always did want to read a good story as told by an orc.

DFC
Olorime chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
What did she see?

*bites nails*

Very naughty, Lauderdale. You should not do this to your readers!
FuyuKoneko chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Not only are your plots interesting to read, your original characters are so likable. Have you published any books?
Stan chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Perfect! I have a couple guess who this orc is, Im glad you didnt say how hed die you gave a lot without giving anything away.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Great one-shot.
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
The following is a graded review. Your fan fiction will be ranked in five categories on a 0-10 scale. This review is only the opinion of a single reader and you are free to disregard it if you wish. For more information, see my profile. Feel free to reply or to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Story: 8.5/10. I definitely think that this story is just the right length and it is paced beautifully. Each scene seems to build on the last, but you don’t give into the temptation of making the scenes too long, which is something that many otherwise talented writers do. My only complaint is that I feel there are a few too many unanswered questions at the end of this fic. I would like more of a hint about what the prophecy for this Orc’s death actually was – you don’t have to come right out and tell us, but you’ve really set up the expectation of us finding out and I would like a little more.

Characters: 9.75/10. Both the main characters in this story are so well developed. I really admire the way you were able to make your main character so horrible and yet utterly sympathetic. The first person POV really helps in this respect – we see how this character justifies his own actions to himself.

Creativity: 9.5/10. Of course orc stories have been done before, but not enough and not often as well as this. Lots of original little details scattered throughout this fic and I absolutely loved the idea of prophet who can tell a man’s fortune by sleeping with him. Good stuff.

Writing: 9.25/10. You write very well and you give your main character a voice that is just so distinctive and jumps right off the page for me. I love the conversational tone of the writing, though I think you could have made it clearer at the beginning of the piece what sort of audience your main character is addressing.

Believability: 9.75/10. I love the crudeness of this fic – because I think orcs would be very crude and I think a lot of writers don’t pull that off very well. I also loved the attention that you pay to culture in this fic – especially when you talk about how the different cultures treat their women differently. The most amazing thing about this fic is that I can totally imagine it happening in Tolkien’s Middle-earth even though it is utterly unlike anything that Tolkien would ever write.

Overall: 9.25/10. Great look inside an essentially evil mind. The ending didn’t quite live up to expectations for me, but that is often the case with really strong stories – the setup was just so good.

Other Comments: I’ll get around to reviewing “Treed” eventually; I’m just way behind on my reviewing right now.

Thanks for paying attention to my concerns and good luck in the future.

ReviewsGalore
Sneer chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Vivid and enthralling as always! An instant fav from me!
Memory in Crimson chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Very chilling. A good air of mystery, especially how it ends.
Quills in blood red ink chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
9/10 on this one lauderdale. I gotta know was this Rukshash? He seems the special type who would get himself in a situation like this. I liked your explanation of the different classes and different culturals and there treatments of whores. It is true how one part of the world hold these woman in esteem while others treat them like shit. Gondor isnt all spit and shine like we tolkien readers like to believe. Anyways I loved this little peice I wonder what She saw! Please keep writing orc stories. I really want to write one of my own but don't know where to start but your stories give me inspiration.
ccjj chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Another great piece of orc fiction by you. Keep it coming!