Reviews for A Good, Respectable Man
SnapeintheGrass chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Just me, stalking your old work and not being able to control my need to comment because it was so dang GOOD. You're a fantastic writer. Since it's been two years, I suppose I can't hope for a sequel. Well, I can, but it will lead to sadness.
mustangwoman chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Fabulous! I hope you're still considering a sequal. Thanks for the excellent read!
teapotcrumpet chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised by this! You definitely sold yourself short - be confident, this was very well written! :DD I feel you captured their voices wonderfully, which is certainly a feat! (Seeing the film four times obviously helped lolz, lucky girl I've only seen it twice :P)

I would be most interested in helping you out as a beta as well! I'm also on Livejournal (where I found your link) under the same username (teapotcrumpet). PM me or shoot me an e-mail at if you're interested! I'm an English undergrad and grammar/spelling is my specialty! You have great potential for this fandom and I'd love to help in any way I can :)

Thank you so much for writing/sharing!
pbk chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Great job! heh, Watson does seem like a 'token protest' kind of guy!
Kouga-sama chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Love what youve written. Your grasp of the character as well as their speech, is truly wonderful, as is the story plot. I would love to read the before-mentioned smutty sequel.

Perhaps a drunk Watson coming home, after a night of gambling, and has his heart set on showing his ingenious room-mate just how right he was in his deductions.

Spotted a few typos, but otherwise, the story was flawless.
Robin Autumn chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
This was such a cute, very in character story and I loved reading it! Fantastic job!
hkfdshkdjlfkghhlglfjdkghs chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
haha, brilliant. Sherlock, ever the detective... very well played! Love!

xx
Chocolate Wolf chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
AH! I love it! Please write a sequel, preferably of the smutty variety. XD
Sylviamaris chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
lol "doyleys." Doilies, thanks.

No, I didn't get any further than that. This premise shows a lot of potential but, really, you're trying too hard to use anachronistic language. Good ideas can be ruined by bad writing. I'm interested to see a possible revision!
januaryfreeze92 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
*fan girl squeel* I loved this! And a smutty sequel would be bloody FANTASTIC!
NOTCONCERNED chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Wow I thought it was a great story and would love to see a second chapter
charlie-becks chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
briliant :D I'd love to read a sequel, please let me know when u post it :D
Katara-alchemist chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Love it! You must write more!
MagnusSpark chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Ooh smutty sequel? Please? D

That was so droolworthy. I love the thought of them tonight, wether it may bromance or slash. The sexual tension was so uh in the film!

I loved how you captured their speech as well; when I'm attempting to write SH fics I have to sit with the thesauraus and pretend to be a genius... 0]

I'd be happy to go over any more SH fics if you want me to. I can't wait for more! XD
saph-kira33 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
wonderful, good build up, and you've got the characters pegged quite nicely I personally didn't notice any major faults so you shouldn't worry, and a sequel would be good, preferably the sooner the better _