Reviews for King
Phthalo chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Really effective use of the second person. And I couldn't agree more-Alistair really is Maric Jr. In spades!
Dr34ming chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
That was beautiful :) So poignant and heart-breaking *sniffles* :')
Addai chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Ohh, I loved this! I was caught from the first paragraph. You capture both Maric and Alistair so well, and how perfect and yet how sad it is to have the Theirin exile come home and be king. This is a gem.
Tabriel chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Would have been a nicer read had what little dialogue is in this piece been consistent with the in-game characterizations.

Would ALSO have been really awesome if you had not CONSISTENTLY misspelled various character names. It's Moira, after all, not Moria, just as it is Cailan, not Calian.

And for God's sakes, Alistair's great-grandfather did not found Ferelden! Where did you get that notion? As a kingdom united by Calenhad, Ferelden had been in existence for a few centuries prior to Alistair's great-grandfather.
Mirror and Darkling chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I'm reading The Stolen Throne right now, and you're totally right. I keep seeing Alistair in Maric, and it's...kindof heart warming. xD How cheesy is that?

Lovely story. I giggled at the "You are twenty-two years old, and you are in love with a crazy woman" part. Very nice!

-Mirror
kinsley5 chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Nicely done.
Kefalion chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I loved this one shot. You actualy made tears come to my eyes. The way you told how Alistair felt. You made me fully realize just how sad his background is. Now I think I'll have to order 'the stolen throne' Thanks )
Star Fata chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Agree with your assessment of Alistair. Like the fic, the fragmentary style fits well.
koolkame chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Oh, this is excellent. At the end of the game I always wondered why Alistair went, you know, the way he did and this explains his anger perfectly. I swear, only fanfiction like this seems to be able to capture these characters since paid authors are hung up on the wishes of the employers. Kind of a strange compliment, I know, but it was meant to be good one.
Aleesh87 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
i love the part where he says 'fuck maric' it makes me laugh thinking of alistair saying dirty words lmao
Uli chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This isn't a "well rounded critique" or anything. I just wanted to say: awesome job. I really enjoyed this and I'm with you 100% on the TST Maric/Alistair comparison.

Nice stuff. :)
Jared chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I think that it wasn't that bad, but I hate Maric. Like, a lot. That man should have kept his genitalia to himself and Rowan instead of... well, if you are still reading it, you will find it out. Alistair is not like him in that sense, he would be with the one he loves, and with the one who would provide them salvation. So, my opinion is negatively biased.

Still, well done! :)
Abydos Jackson chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This is a great history for Alistair. Wonderfully written and a great idea.
Noir Productions chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
-sniffle sniffle- this was really nice. you captured alistair. -snuggles it and you-
Crisium chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This was really gorgeously done. You write such a spot-on Alistair; my heart breaks a little for him. The ending was lovely, and the whole thing quite touching.