Reviews for Tokens of Affection
MagickalPuppies chapter 15 . 9/7
Beautiful story, well written and we'll researched. I've always loved love stories that use the Language of Flowers and this does it wonderfully.
The one issue I've noticed is your diagnosis of your 'Denim Devil' as a Sociopath when from Silas's description of her behavior; the lack of guilt, the minon gathering and the manipulation of said minons to her benefit, Lacey sounds like a textbook Psychopath instead. Granted the two are similar and both fall under the blanket of antisocial disorder, I can't help wonder why Lacey is in your story a Sociopath. May I know why?
This story was gorgeous! (Probably not the most clear phrase but accurate nonetheless)
RAGAnne chapter 15 . 8/25
While you may have left a few dangling plot points, this really is a wonderful story which is why I enjoy coming back to it from time to time. And really, having every single thing wrapped up neatly in a bow would be rather unrealistic. Life's messy that way. Thanks for sharing this story with us.
RAGAnne chapter 14 . 8/25
So is everyone else in the house aware of the goblins or are they staying out of sight other than for Jareth and Sarah? While Robert may learn to be ok with a man 8 years older than his daughter who owns a beautiful estate, I can't imagine the "Goblin King" discussion to go down well on the first conversation. :)
RAGAnne chapter 13 . 8/25
It's an interesting idea that Sarah would have a working relationship with the press. It's also rather terrifying to consider how that relationship was built. A kid wandering around New York by themselves in the dark? Yikes!

As to Toby in chapter 6, since they got back to the house well after dinner I just sort of assumed he was asleep. He would be only 2 after all.
RAGAnne chapter 12 . 8/24
Most people I know have at least 16 hour days (8 or less hours of sleep). Granted our days are not typically as physically and emotional exhausting as I'm sure this one was for the Williams family but still . . . it probably would have been better if Robert had said some variation of "it's been a LONG day" rather than that he hadn't slept in 12 hours. Otherwise it was a great chapter as the characters deal with all the upheaval of the last few days.
RAGAnne chapter 11 . 8/24
And now we have a stubborn Jareth to go with our stubborn Sarah of the previous chapter. Truly a match made in . . . the Labyrinth. They really are going to have to learn how to graciously accept help when they're not in top form.
RAGAnne chapter 10 . 8/24
Stubborn Sarah strikes again. You know she had to be in bad shape to drink tea prepared by a Fae BEFORE finding out what was in it. :)

And not that it really matters that much (it's not a huge plot point other than to get the parents out of the way) but isn't Wall Street essentially closed on the weekends? I don't follow the stock market that closely but it seems like a Monday to Friday thing.
RAGAnne chapter 9 . 8/24
Yep, Jareth, you knew he was powerful so really you only have yourself to blame. But seriously, ouch!

And Sarah and Aidan bonding over Jareth stories is a terrifying prospect . . . for Jareth.
RAGAnne chapter 8 . 8/24
One of the things Jareth needs to work on is not letting people run him out of his own home. :) Not that that was their intent of course but he does seem to have a bad habit of leaving the intruders in the house/castle while he seeks shelter elsewhere.

Oh, and good luck Aidan.
RAGAnne chapter 7 . 8/24
It's been a little while since I last read this so a future plot point about the Ancient and the ferret had slipped my mind until this chapter. It made me smile a bit as I read the bit where Jareth finally meets someone more powerful than himself. And Sarah . . . confronting a sociopath by yourself when you're not at 100% probably isn't the wisest plan. :)
RAGAnne chapter 6 . 8/24
I like the way you write Sarah's parents in this. I've read to many were they're neglectful or absentee. Then there are others where they're all best friends which doesn't necessarily fit into canon either. In this, they're parents. Not terrible. Not perfect.

And Jareth's first meeting with them probably went better than he deserved. :)
RAGAnne chapter 5 . 8/24
This chapter deserves to be among your favorites. I loved reading more about the world that helped to create the individual Jareth has become. His family is something else, but at least there were people that cared about and trusted him.
RAGAnne chapter 4 . 8/24
I love all the backstory we got for Jareth in this chapter. And I guess Sarah wanted him to know without having to tell him the problem in the last chapter . . . yeah, I'd probably still be upset he dug around in my memories without permission but I'm stubborn that way.
RAGAnne chapter 3 . 8/24
I like the idea of Other beings visiting our world, not to interfere but just to interact. It would probably still be weird to run into Jareth on the street though.