Reviews for Tokens of Affection
Guest chapter 15 . 13h
Your story is beautiful. Mabie you could do something with aiden and Miranda? Or the time between the epilogue and Lacey's imprisonment?
October103 chapter 15 . 1/15
It's been a long time since the movie "Labyrinth" even crossed my mind. With the passing of David Bowie, you can imagine it shot right back to the forefront of my thoughts. When I get so into things (books, movies, TV shows), I end up reading as many Fanfiction's as I'm able to find. So I went searching for Labyrinth fics a couple days ago and yours was the first I stumbled across.
I just want to say how much I LOVED and adored this story. Every once in a while, I find a fic so well written that it's hard to imagine that it's not real or didn't/won't happen. This is most definitely one of them. It's getting increasingly difficult for me to accept that there isn't a sequel where all of this beauty you've written plays out. I honestly don't know how to tell you how much I really love this story.
I've been reading it secretly at work for days, or any chance I have a free moment. You did everything so perfectly. Everyone was in character, the new characters were great, your writing style is amazing, you did such a fantastic job writing in a teen girl's perspective, more modern and less formal, and such a great job writing from a king's perspective. The plot was fabulous and seemed so well thought out, the length of each chapter, and the length of the story as a whole was perfect. Everything was perfect.
I've started writing this review after just finishing the story, so I haven't snooped on your page yet for others, haha. I'm very hopeful seeing as this was written quite some time ago and you mentioned above in your last AN that you took requests for one-shots. That's where I'm headed next!
Anyways, again, I just want you to know that this is an amazing piece of work. Honestly one of my favorite fics I've ever come across. I loved it so much.
Thank you!
SassyFrassKerr chapter 15 . 1/7
Great fun. I really enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.
Scarlett Foxie chapter 15 . 11/14/2015
I have really never read any Labyrinth fan fic before, but I'm glad I started with this one. Well done.
MagickalPuppies chapter 15 . 9/7/2015
Beautiful story, well written and we'll researched. I've always loved love stories that use the Language of Flowers and this does it wonderfully.
The one issue I've noticed is your diagnosis of your 'Denim Devil' as a Sociopath when from Silas's description of her behavior; the lack of guilt, the minon gathering and the manipulation of said minons to her benefit, Lacey sounds like a textbook Psychopath instead. Granted the two are similar and both fall under the blanket of antisocial disorder, I can't help wonder why Lacey is in your story a Sociopath. May I know why?
Guest chapter 15 . 8/30/2015
This story was gorgeous! (Probably not the most clear phrase but accurate nonetheless)
RAGAnne chapter 15 . 8/25/2015
While you may have left a few dangling plot points, this really is a wonderful story which is why I enjoy coming back to it from time to time. And really, having every single thing wrapped up neatly in a bow would be rather unrealistic. Life's messy that way. Thanks for sharing this story with us.
RAGAnne chapter 14 . 8/25/2015
So is everyone else in the house aware of the goblins or are they staying out of sight other than for Jareth and Sarah? While Robert may learn to be ok with a man 8 years older than his daughter who owns a beautiful estate, I can't imagine the "Goblin King" discussion to go down well on the first conversation. :)
RAGAnne chapter 13 . 8/25/2015
It's an interesting idea that Sarah would have a working relationship with the press. It's also rather terrifying to consider how that relationship was built. A kid wandering around New York by themselves in the dark? Yikes!

As to Toby in chapter 6, since they got back to the house well after dinner I just sort of assumed he was asleep. He would be only 2 after all.
RAGAnne chapter 12 . 8/24/2015
Most people I know have at least 16 hour days (8 or less hours of sleep). Granted our days are not typically as physically and emotional exhausting as I'm sure this one was for the Williams family but still . . . it probably would have been better if Robert had said some variation of "it's been a LONG day" rather than that he hadn't slept in 12 hours. Otherwise it was a great chapter as the characters deal with all the upheaval of the last few days.
RAGAnne chapter 11 . 8/24/2015
And now we have a stubborn Jareth to go with our stubborn Sarah of the previous chapter. Truly a match made in . . . the Labyrinth. They really are going to have to learn how to graciously accept help when they're not in top form.
RAGAnne chapter 10 . 8/24/2015
Stubborn Sarah strikes again. You know she had to be in bad shape to drink tea prepared by a Fae BEFORE finding out what was in it. :)

And not that it really matters that much (it's not a huge plot point other than to get the parents out of the way) but isn't Wall Street essentially closed on the weekends? I don't follow the stock market that closely but it seems like a Monday to Friday thing.
RAGAnne chapter 9 . 8/24/2015
Yep, Jareth, you knew he was powerful so really you only have yourself to blame. But seriously, ouch!

And Sarah and Aidan bonding over Jareth stories is a terrifying prospect . . . for Jareth.
RAGAnne chapter 8 . 8/24/2015
One of the things Jareth needs to work on is not letting people run him out of his own home. :) Not that that was their intent of course but he does seem to have a bad habit of leaving the intruders in the house/castle while he seeks shelter elsewhere.

Oh, and good luck Aidan.
RAGAnne chapter 7 . 8/24/2015
It's been a little while since I last read this so a future plot point about the Ancient and the ferret had slipped my mind until this chapter. It made me smile a bit as I read the bit where Jareth finally meets someone more powerful than himself. And Sarah . . . confronting a sociopath by yourself when you're not at 100% probably isn't the wisest plan. :)