Reviews for Unfinished
Parnassus chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Very much enjoyed this little montage of missing scenes. The way you wrote Sam's head just tugged my heart strings...Lovely.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH for resolving the whole thing with the phone call message being different. Good point for Chuck to make. Good on you, future Chuck. You wrapped it up so perfectly and captured Sam so well here. Wow. Awesome.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I really miss reading SPN stories regarding the apocalypse. It was a really tough time for Dean and Sam but at least the storyline was not as topsy-turvy, jumbled and confused as it has been these last two seasons. There seems to be no direct line of plot and it's caused a lot of confusion among fanfic writers.

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this. The End is one of my fave episodes; gritty, forboding and freaky-Soulless Sam was creepy, but I still think that Sam as Lucifer is such a pivotal moment. Still leaves me cold.

And yes, you made me cry... just when I didn't think I could cry over the events over the apocalypse anymore. ... no, no! That's a good thing!

So, thank you. -
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Now I think there's a difference between Sam dying in Cold Oak, and Dean's death in Indiana - one a surprise, the other expected, scheduled, dreaded but planned for, however much it was denied, for a year. And I don't think Dean feels all that guilty for 'leaving' Sam all alone when he was sucked into hell and I've always been grateful that Sam doesn't blame him for what happened. At least I don't remember anything like that in Show. After all, if Dean hadn't make the deal, Sam wouldn't be alive to be by himself and make some really bad decisions that summer. Given that we wouldn't have a TV show with the lead dead... that said, this line said a lot to me:

"Was it really any surprise Sam had lost his way? That he'd let misguided guilt and the desire for a little control finally over his life delude him into some bad choices? A few hours without Sam, and Dean had sold his soul."

That helped me put some of Sam's behavior into perspective. It really did. Thank you!

Now feeling guilty that he'd helped isolate Sam, yeah, I can see that. They both heap a lot of guilt on themselves, which is part of their charm. I loved the imagery of Sam down a well, and Dean's call a bucket reaching down to him. And I liked the way you had Dean find out about the voice mail and handled it with Sam.

Phoebe
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Such a heart-breaking revisit of their split-up, but even more importantly, really insightful of the brothers' eventually getting together again.

I so needed this kind of story (and fluff) between Sam and Dean when they talked about that fateful voicemail in the car.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
FINALLY, something about that message that Zach changed - I can't tell you how frustrating I've found it that Dean has never found out that the message was changed and therefore never had the opportunity to correct Sam's beliefs about himself - for me, that was the worst part of that episode - because Sam wouldn't have done it if he had heard Dean's rel message and it was just so horrible to see him believing that Dean thought he was a monster and irredeemable. So this fic was very satisfying in that sense.

"...he was just sitting there in a car that wasn’t his, staring unseeingly at the dash, no place to go, no one left to call."

That just made me ACHE. Seriously, I have found it so hard to see Sammy cut off from his brother and just feeling so wretched about what he did and like he cannot be redeemed - I long to see a real reconciliation between the two and to see Sam finally be able to forgive himself and find peace. Hopefully that's what Season 6 will be about;)
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
oh man... you are my goddess... seriously, they need to sit up and take notes from you about these boys. you've got them nailed. not to mention it's just a damn better story this way.
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
That's why I read fanfiction. I really admire your ability to evoke strong images and feelings in my mind, to make me feel there, in the story. Also you're able to make me laugh out loud, or sometimes to cry while reading the fic. That "Goodbye, Sam" was too heavy to bear. I love you gave it the importance that it deserves.

The best stories fill in the blanks of the episodes and Supernatural has many, many episodes that leave us wanting more. That phone message is a "huge hole" and I truly loved your take on it.

Sam's expectation when he read "Dean's Cell" on his phone screen and then when they talked was just beautifully described. They are reunited and the hope is there again. "But no need to overdo it, right?" Right. You didn't, it's perfect.

As always, you've found the perfect title. They had unfinished business to deal with. Since I believe you've got the power of knowing what actually happens in their minds, I'll consider it finished in an extremely satisfying way.

Thank you!
Crimson Ivy chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
You are a Master of missing scenes nad tags! :) I am so glad you started to write stories about 5th season...

"The End" episode has left me unsatisfied... :/ I was expecting serious talks and explainations, declarations from both sides and I have received... nothing. After the first talk of boys (in this episode), after honest and painful, heartwrenching Dean's words I wanted to see... I don't know what, but SOMETHING! ;)

So, your story made my day... Thank you! :)
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Tell you that you're great writing fanfics is needless, right? But I'll always tell you that, so don't worry eheheh

Well, you filled in the blanks perfectly, and that was really sweet.

So, keep writing and I'll keep reading and giving you my feedback DD

Kisses and see ya soon, I hope

Rosetta
Rat chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
wonderfully awkward!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
The voice mail message is a massive unresolved issue that until now I really felt needed to be ironed out. After reading your fic you pointed something out that I don't think I really paid attention to before. Sam's flinch when Dean pulled out the knife - I think that maybe that was the shows way of dealing with it. Dean doesn't want to kill Sam, he gives Sam the knife and that symbolism really says a lot. All the same I feel it would be beneficial for both boys to know about the tampered message, that Dean did have some “…influence over Sam at that point“ despite the end result.

What was great about what you did here was have the boys touch on things without ever hammering it all out with a big discussion - you kept it quiet and simple, fitting exactly with canon and what we know about the boys.

"Feathered bastard" - love that!

You really pointed out the finality of Dean's "Goodbye, Sam" -something which I think I passed by without much thought.

Great idea too, having Chuck talk to Dean about the voice mail in the future - it really empathized how things can be changed and that it's not set in stone.

I very much enjoyed this. You brought up some important issues and dealt with them a very Winchester way, even down to the glimmer of hope in an awkward atmosphere that the episode left with. Take care, Abbi
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
This didn't happen on the show, right?

I kept wanting them to bring up the voicemail and they never did. How could the boys get back on track with that still looming over them.

Lovely story, beautifully written. I wish they would get rid of Sera Gamble and put you in her chair instead :-)
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
This episode was so gut wrenching in so many different ways especially in the knowledge of this is what could be that and I think...your story makes it a little more bearable. It still has the same sadly optimistic ending like the episode, but gives the brothers a chance to maybe make things a little bit better. Good story.
Dianne chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
That was a nice story, thanks.