Reviews for River
hateme101 chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
i really like this and the cat
HereToRead84 chapter 3 . 1/5/2011
very interesting, i do hope that you would update
Seph Meadowes chapter 3 . 5/12/2010
Interesting start. I can't wait to read more.
The Owl of Minerva chapter 3 . 3/13/2010
The story appears to move forward slowly, almost painfully so, yet I am intrigued. The character development, the subtle changes in the plot give a tingling sensation; an apprehension of upcoming suspense and action. I'm also happy to have Tom in the arena finally. I'm surprised though, I would think the Cat is Kneazle/half-Kneazle based on his behavior, and to see Hermione (supposedly the brightest witch and owner of Crookshanks) so blissfully ignorant about it doesn't really strike a chord.
morpheusandmuse chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
so good! wow, surprisingly, I'm quite attached to Cat:) and event though your story is still in its first stages, I have a tickling feeling about it. Keep up the Good work!
sweet-tang-honney chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
great chapter.
patie chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
Very interesting story. First 'meeting' was just richt. I love the Cat.
fersy chapter 3 . 2/21/2010
Nice chapter. lol I kinda like Hermione's new cat.
Nerys chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
I really like how this story is starting.

And no rotten eggs, vegetables or any other things will be thrown your way. I'd rather save them for those who put Tom and Hermione into each other's arms at the second, scratch, first paragraph of the first chapter, making them LURVE each other 4eva on first sight. Because let's face it... he is so cute and she is so beautiful, that will overlook all the dilemmas they might have immediately. *rolls eyes*

I liked how you write Dumbledore. I have actually become quite a fan of him, ever since he turned out to not be perfect and had flaws. (hides sentence from LV) And he is generally speaking a kind and understanding man, who may have made some mistakes and some strange choices; but he does mean well. So kudoos on his character, very well done.

Hm... so Hermione is already feeling a cold determination (born out of anger). Reminds me of a certain Slytherin.

I also think you made a great choice by not using the time-turner and keeping her means of travelling unknown to her. Makes for all the more interesting plot-developments you can create.

And how she first planned to avoid everyone, remembering her Time-Turner days, that was also a good decision. I also think the way you made her change that decision was logical given her circumstances. I've read several fics where she first makes that decision but then goes back on it for no good reason at all.

So, I look forward to see how this story will progress. And I am very curious to how you're going to write Tom. LOL

xx Nerys
LAP chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
It's nice read a well balanced story, :D
sweet-tang-honney chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
great chapter.
frak-all chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
*sneaks bug a cookie*

*does the quick update dance*

I love how honestly this all reads. Of course Hermione would try to have a go on her own. Of course she would try to stay out of sight from Dumbles and Hagrid as long as possible.

I'm also digging how she doesn't see Dumbledore through the rose-colored glasses of her childhood, but she doesn't hate him either. She's mature, but it's a difficult situation with a lot of conflicting emotions and bits of history.

Was there supposed to be a divider between "I… You see… I want to go home, sir." (love that line btw) and "As he was not the headmaster of the school, Professor Dumbledore's office was noticeably smaller than the one Hermione knew he would someday occupy."? It feels like there should have been.

Though I feel slightly uncomfortable at Dumbledore's habit of using Legilimency so often, I still want to hug him for how helpful he's being.
Julia chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
Fantastic chapters, so far! I understand the wait for Tom, but I'm still eager to see him.
LAP chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
The start looks good!
frak-all chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I'm extremely excited you've been bitten by the Tom/Hermione bug. This chapter was a positively refreshing read - interesting, plausible plot, grammatically correct, and intelligent.

Yay for young!Hagrid. I'm eager to see what happens in the next chapter, and I have a sneaking suspicion she's going to visit Aberforth.

Please keep with this story, Spirit of the Gauntlets' muse! (Go, inertia, go!)