Reviews for A High Price to Pay
AbiSnow1998 chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I love how the plot thickens! Well written, good story and best of all, a happy ending!
I like Virgil, and I felt sad when I first read it 'cos he's my favourite! (Alan being second)
But yeah, well written, good plot and story and, again, brilliant ending!
:D
lederra chapter 12 . 9/22/2012
This was a well written and emotional story. Well done!
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
Hiya! I couldn't wait! Ignoring RL and the way I'm supposed to be typing up my own chapter has gone to the wayside in favour of satisfying my curiosity.

A great first story here; despite your claim that you have no idea of law and kidnapping stuff, you've created a really believable and engaging story here.

Poor Virgil. Poor kid. I really loved the scene where Scott tells him that he'd have been terrified too. It let Virge know that it is alright to be afraid and to show that fear, and it also allows for him to heal properly from his ordeal with letting people know of the nightmares.

Great job! I loved this! Xx
epalladino chapter 12 . 7/12/2010
Excellent story. Very well written for a first story. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. Thanks, Beth
McHammy chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
An excellent story Silver Bee. Once I started I couldn't stop. Very well written, I hope to read more of your work.
Math Girl chapter 12 . 4/2/2010
Whew! This was a definite, read-with-one-eye-open, clutching-the-seat type story. I feel very badly for Virgil and his family, and detest all the villains, especially Lena. No amount of class-jealousy or credit card debt should induce someone to behave so horribly to a child. Yet, in the real world, it does...

I hope that you intend to write more, Silver Bee, as this was quite a gripping tale!

Christine
quiller chapter 12 . 3/17/2010
I'm impressed! I wish my first story had been half as good as this! some of the details may have been a bit shaky, and the descriptions occasionally a bit rushed, but for a first effort it was a good one.

I look forward to more from you in the future.

quiller
lissam2 chapter 12 . 3/9/2010
"Virgil still has a way to go to recover completely, but that's another story..." Well, I for one am strongly encouraging you to write that story. You did an amazing job with this one and I can only guess that any other stories you write will be good too.

Excellent job with wrapping things up, Bee. You didn't fall into that little trap of making things all better for Virgil and the family within a couple of days. You kept it believeable.
whirlgirl chapter 12 . 3/9/2010
Well...YEA it's another update, but Aww it's complete but YEA it's COMPLETE!

Very entertaining story you've written here Bee. You know I like it and the kicker is that this could be considered a Thunderbirds story also starring Dan, Luke and Lena. They were the ones driving this story ( Curse them for what they put the family through!) They were so well portrayed I couldn't wait to see what they were going to do next. Pretty good writing to hook your reader with the OC!

I loved Scotts decision to drive half way across country to get to Virgil no matter what his father had to say. That shows the true bond developing between the brothers that will serve them well in later years. I'm glad the agents realized it was more Jeffs anxiety at the time of Scott traveling ALONE than his coming. And Scott got to place the watch back on virgils wrist where it belonged... well on Who it belonged anyway. Because Virgils still broken but Scotty and the family are the glue to put him back together. You have a wealth of possibilities for future stories here.

I would dearly love to see how Virgil goes from the distrusting and fearful child he is now to the generous and caring man he becomes in International rescue. Perhaps his own trauma gives him a unique perspective at the danger zone.

Thanks again Bee for a wonderful read! I'll be keeping an eye out for your next offering. In the meantime CARRY ON!
MitzyTN chapter 12 . 3/9/2010
That was a very well written story, and I enjoyed it very much. The plot, turn of events and characters were all well-developed and believable. I especially enjoyed Virgil's realistic recovery. Actually I don't know if the right word for it - I hoped for a happy ending, but the one you created is so realistic and well-written!

Looking forward to more stories from you!
bubzchoc chapter 12 . 3/8/2010
loved your story will be reading it again all the way through and not havin to wait for the next chapter lol cant wait for your next story.
Loopstagirl chapter 12 . 3/8/2010
Oh wow wow wow! What a perfectly amazing ending to a brilliant story! I'm just sad it's over! I love how nothing could stop Scott from coming, that was so touching! I nearly teared up in a few places because it was so gorgeously written!

Congrats on a brilliant story and i really look forward to reading more from you, you definitely have a talent! Thanks for a lovely read (even though my nerves were tested a couple of times :) )

X
whirlgirl chapter 11 . 3/3/2010
Jeff has his little boy back, a Blessing he will Never take for granted, and Virgil is safe in his fathers embrace. This is an engaging chapter from first sentence to last.

Thank you Bee, Whirlgirl.
lissam2 chapter 11 . 3/3/2010
Whew, at least physically Virgil is going to be okay but I'm worried how he and the rest of the Tracys will do emotionally.

I'm so relieved that Jeff didn't hesitate to show Virgil and anyone else around him how much Virgil means to him. And that he told Virgil that he'd never given up on finding him.

Excellent update, Bee. You know the thing I can't ask for but really want, can you make it happen? Nothing like asking for something but not really being able to say it, eh?
MitzyTN chapter 11 . 3/3/2010
Finally, Virgil was found. I was waiting for that moment with baited breath!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »