Reviews for History Says So
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
I thought this would be really sad and gloomy, but it was actually kind of sweet.
AngelQueen chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
*melts* OMG the bromance of awesome! EEEEEEE! I love it, how you've built the foundations of Jim and Spock's friendship in the new verse - similar to what they had in another life, and yet unique to their own personal experiences. Amazing!

Great job! Thanks for sharing! :)
Jan chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
There were parts of this story that I loved. The detail with Kirk's injuries, and how it all made him feel.

However, there were parts that didn't ring true for me either. McCoy's comment about stopping an apocalypse, even muttered to himself seemed both cruel and insensitive. Earth may have been saved from apocalypse, but Vulcan wasn't.

Also, I just find it odd that Kirk and Spock would be sitting down to chess and amicably discussing first officers, on route back to earth after the battle with the Narada. Didn't ring true for me, considering an entire planet of 6 billion people and a whole slew of starfleet servicemen were murdered in a genocide. The fact that Spock was hanging around sickbay, hovering over Kirk, also didn't ring true, at that stage in their relationship. Suddenly Spock's main concern is Kirk, when his mother and entire planet just died a couple days ago. Traumatized Vulcan survivors are on board, including his own father,etc, and Spock's main concern is not his own grief, his duty to anyone else, his relationship to Uhura, not Pike, but Kirk, who wasn't seriously injured. Don't buy it so soon. Not with all the trauma going on.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
yay! this was great! :D
Kiwee chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Spock and Jim playing chess shouldn't be so very hot and awesome, but it is. The way their exchanged started out with that of the TOS is both a wonderful tribute and the signal of a beginning, one that's hopefully more like their older counterpart's rather than this whole choke-the-other thing. The ending is wonderful, as is the little exchange about the first officer. A small thing, though-"loosing so much, and standing to loose even more still" should have 'losing'.
Gonzo76 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Excellent missing piece! Very well done.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I love reading stories that develop Spock and Kirk's friendship. Yours is an excellent one. I really liked seeing them play chess and Kirk's conversation with Bones about Spock and Uhura.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! But I expected no less, Mira. It's been a while. How are you doing?

I really enjoyed this 'on the way home' fic. I loved Spock's hovering in sickbay as well as Jim calling huim 'Number One'. Nice touch.

I was also crazy pleasantly surprised by your Bones. He was down to earth in a rereshing way. He was dutifully harried, but not bitter or overly cantankerous. I really enjoyed all of the big three in this one.

Thanks for sharing!
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Very nice. Good character portrayal and a nice plot.
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I think this does a good job of filling in the blanks from the movie; I can really picture it happening. Kudos!
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Very good story, I liked it !

MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
nice i loved it nice part about the history taking them at the end i loved it so much
droopydog chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I adored this. What a lovely missing scene that explained so much and tied so many things together. The characters voices were true and you didn't mess with the established relationships. Thank you for that. You painted a detailed picture with words and feelings, loved it. You can see the depth of character as well as the relationships building with each piece of dialogue. This is truely a well thought out story. Now I think I will go and read all of your other ones. :~)
Stevenson chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Bromance, it rox! This here was awesome. Great scenes that I wished were in the film. You really show everything here, the what could be friendship thats developing. If I closed my eyes it read like a TOS fic, and thats a hard thing to do.

Loved the chess scene, and all of the Spock/Nyota references. "Not your type," indeed.
Kira-chan chapter 1 . 1/17/2010