Reviews for Confutatis Maledictis
Mad as Hatter chapter 1 . 4/17
I like the Sirius/Bellatrix implication here as I always thought there was something deeper between them than meets the eye.
incredible. i hope this is actually the backstory of bella (cannon). or that it could be made so.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
Really nice! Thank you for sharing
Lady Elya chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
This is amazing. Chilling and heartbreaking. I love how you humanized Bellatrix by showing her relationships with various people in her life. Her relationship with Sirius is the most interesting, and although not strictly canon, it could easily fit.
My favorite scene is the one near the end, where she dreams and wakes up and wants to go to Andromeda, but then she remembers.
animus nocendi chapter 1 . 1/22/2016
I absolutely adored the dynamics between the sisters, found Bella's ingrained understanding of 'Mudbloods' very well described, was saddened to see her relationships defined by her fear of being left behind, especially loved the parts with Sirius. I'd like this more if she recognized Molly, had some backstory with her too, but some harridan with red hair is as good a description as any, I suppose, no offense to Mrs. Weasley.

I'll admit I haven't read many fics about Bella because most of them have her raving as a lunatic and go no deeper than insanity, but this is a brilliant piece, probably the best I've read so far. I'm amazed. I wish I could bring a character to life this way.

And Confutatis Maledictis? Very nice touch, suits her, read this alternating between Kyrie, Dies Irae, Confutatis and Lacrimosa. I wonder if you wrote this while listening to the whole Requiem.

Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
Beautiful.
kimchi759 chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
This is such a twisted and intriguing portrayal of not only Bellatrix, but of those around her. I was especially interested in the darker depiction of Sirius, though I wondered if Bellatrix noticed how Azkaban had changed him, or if she was too far gone to take note. Anyway, on the whole, this oneshot was very well-written. Crass and just plain vulgar here and there, but that blunt, psychotic tone was perfect for her voice.
Thanks for writing and sharing!
Amy chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
That was absolutely brilliant. I've never wondered how Bellatrix would have met and joined Voldemort, and the way you've portrayed Bellatrix's character, integral beliefs, and relationships is so believable and human that it's relatable and sad at the same time. The invincible tone at the end is so great in that the reader knows Bellatrix's inevitable end, leaving us stewing in a pool of irony. This is definitely a great fic that diverges from the stereotypical, simple portrayal of Bellatrix as just a villainous "psychopath," and instead delves into her human vulnerabilities, revealing the tragedy that her life really is.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Perfect!
TheAlabasterPhoenyx chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Heartbreaking. So raw and powerful, unbelievable. The story behind Bellatrix Black. Wow.
I never would have thought to look behind her insanity, but here you are, bringing us so deeply into her psyche that I just want to hug the woman and tell her I'll never let her go. And the bit of hope with the Dark Lord and his smiles, and we all know that both of them will be dead by the end of the night, and it's almost enough to make me cry.
This is so amazingly well-written...
Thank you.
Musae chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
You have such a haunting and beautiful way of writing Bellatrix. It truly makes her character come alive, and she is so very complex. I love the way the story spans from her early years to the moment of her death, including the way you allude to the "golden age" when she was united with her sisters. It's so tragic to see the falling out of that, and the complexities of their family. Thanks for a wonderful story!
azerjaban chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Favorite line about her husband "There appears to be a halfwit trying to talk to you" Lool

This is one of the best character studies on Bellatrix I've read. She is one of my favorite characters, and I say this knowing what a twisted evil sadistic bitch she is.

The mild Bellatrix /Sirius that was hinted was delicious! The dream sequence was amazingly disturbing. You have a great writing style, short descriptive words that drive home the point.

Great story! Excellent job!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Perfect. Deserves a million more reads
Maura16 chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Wow. This is absolutely incredible! I've never really seen Bella as someone with feelings before, and this completely changed my view. Amazing.
Molly Dooker chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I like this, alot. It's unusual and empathetic.