Reviews for Confutatis Maledictis
kimchi759 chapter 1 . 9/14
This is such a twisted and intriguing portrayal of not only Bellatrix, but of those around her. I was especially interested in the darker depiction of Sirius, though I wondered if Bellatrix noticed how Azkaban had changed him, or if she was too far gone to take note. Anyway, on the whole, this oneshot was very well-written. Crass and just plain vulgar here and there, but that blunt, psychotic tone was perfect for her voice.
Thanks for writing and sharing!
Amy chapter 1 . 7/7
That was absolutely brilliant. I've never wondered how Bellatrix would have met and joined Voldemort, and the way you've portrayed Bellatrix's character, integral beliefs, and relationships is so believable and human that it's relatable and sad at the same time. The invincible tone at the end is so great in that the reader knows Bellatrix's inevitable end, leaving us stewing in a pool of irony. This is definitely a great fic that diverges from the stereotypical, simple portrayal of Bellatrix as just a villainous "psychopath," and instead delves into her human vulnerabilities, revealing the tragedy that her life really is.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
TheAlabasterPhoenyx chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Heartbreaking. So raw and powerful, unbelievable. The story behind Bellatrix Black. Wow.
I never would have thought to look behind her insanity, but here you are, bringing us so deeply into her psyche that I just want to hug the woman and tell her I'll never let her go. And the bit of hope with the Dark Lord and his smiles, and we all know that both of them will be dead by the end of the night, and it's almost enough to make me cry.
This is so amazingly well-written...
Thank you.
Musae chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
You have such a haunting and beautiful way of writing Bellatrix. It truly makes her character come alive, and she is so very complex. I love the way the story spans from her early years to the moment of her death, including the way you allude to the "golden age" when she was united with her sisters. It's so tragic to see the falling out of that, and the complexities of their family. Thanks for a wonderful story!
azerjaban chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Favorite line about her husband "There appears to be a halfwit trying to talk to you" Lool

This is one of the best character studies on Bellatrix I've read. She is one of my favorite characters, and I say this knowing what a twisted evil sadistic bitch she is.

The mild Bellatrix /Sirius that was hinted was delicious! The dream sequence was amazingly disturbing. You have a great writing style, short descriptive words that drive home the point.

Great story! Excellent job!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Perfect. Deserves a million more reads
Maura16 chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Wow. This is absolutely incredible! I've never really seen Bella as someone with feelings before, and this completely changed my view. Amazing.
Molly Dooker chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I like this, alot. It's unusual and empathetic.
misstaken1 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Loved it. The beauty of canon(ish) fanfiction is that characters can be brought to life in a way that the original work lacks. I always felt that JK was too black and white in her stories (acceptable of course because it is a series for young readers). I love how thoroughly you explored the grey areas because, after all, Death Eaters are not born, they are made. Once again, this is an excellent, original, creative, work and thank you for sharing!
Kel chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
That was brilliant! You're an amazing author
rosewood2618 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That was the most jam packed story of fucking awesomeness that has ever been written about Bellatrix Black. The imballance of her was so good. And the dynamic of the family was spot on- nothing against the Potters/Weasleys, but they can not touch the ancient and most noble house of Black. Loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
... Holy shit. Woah. That was incredible! I loved the second-person narrative. It was done absolutely perfectly.
The One chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Pure genius. Faultless characteristion and story telling. Another incredible twist to the not-so-wonderful wizarding world of Harry Potter. Loved the relationships between the Black Sisters and Sirius. I'm also wondering about Riddle - did he love Bellatrix, or was he rewarding her for her loyalty? Either way, you are a genius.
MomoMouat97 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I was reduced to tears at the LUPINS' death... Beautifilly written!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »