Reviews for The Unforgivable Curses
Wow! That was pretty amazing. Great job.
Teaching a Slytherin constant vigilance is equivalent to teaching a mermaid to swim! Brilliant, loved it!
Axcel chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
Honestly, a handful of direct curses to hit the enemy with, some shield charms, some transfiguration, some enchanting (to further control the battlefield), and not getting hit in the first place is all it seems anyone needs in a Harry Potter-verse duel. Who cares if it is a cutting curse or something that will turn you inside out? Your going to block it anyone or dodge. Even if it is just a ticking jinx. If you're laughing so hard you can barely breathe, you aren't sending spells at the enemy, or at least without any sort of accuracy. Getting hit by ANYTHING is game-over. So block EVERYTHING and, better yet, don't get in the way in the first place.

So, basically, just spam reductors and bombarda maxima. The second can throw someone to the ground by aiming at the ground near their feet and the reductor will disintegrate the fool. Easy.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
I liked the one-shot.
It makes sense that Crouch Jr. will hate the name of the 'traitors' who renounced Voldemort claiming Imperius, while he was rotting in prison. It's clever to mask his feelings as Moody's hatred of Dark Wizards.
The Darkest wizard chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This is an interesting story!
bluemeanies chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I liked this a lot and despite the fact that we know this is Barty Jr the only hints that this might be so are very subtle and everything else the real Moody could do. Also that his speach on why he was teaching Unforgivables now was almost exactly identical to the one he gave Gryffindor but Draco read it completely differently.
The QAS chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Excellent. I love the way you portrayed the characters. Draco, in particular, was excellent.
Emzilla101 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Really really well done! Quite realistic, and i loved Draco's point of view. I also Liked how Draco didn't know about his darling Aunt. I can imagine the family keeping quiet about her. That's something i would have never thought about, so excellent work!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
I wonder a lot about how the Slytherins went through all these classes and events that we only get to see through Harry's eyes. You did a good job, describing Moody's sadism and all the details that Draco sees, but that completely escape Harry's attention. It makes a huge difference to the scene. Actually, Draco's view of it is much more accurate than Harry's.

It makes me even feel sorry for Draco to realise how clueless he is. He doesn't even know he has an Aunt Bellatrix.

And Lilith, what a great name for a Slytherin.
ariex04 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I thought that everyone was accurately portrayed in this story. Nice job with it!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This was awesome!
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
wow. moody/barty jnr. is really putting on a good show for the slytherins! i also like how draco has been kept in the dark about bellatrix, and the similarities to the gryffindor lecture he gives in the books, but also the slight differences.
BriiDream chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Your portrayal of the Slytherins are great. I liked how Draco is clueless about his family (it interrelates to your Snippets from Slytherin), and the concept that Zabini's mother used the Imperius Curse on her husbands.

Great fic!
Emperor Sunny chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
That was awesome! I little bit similar in context to the Gryffindor shot in the fourth book, but awesome!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Very interesting twist on canon-the same lecture and demonstration, different audience. Taking Draco's point of view, and showing the very real damage from the ferret-bouncing incident, makes fake-Moody even scarier. I do like the detail that Draco doesn't think he has an Aunt Bellatrix.