Reviews for Dangling Conversation
thgilteilwal chapter 2 . 12/6/2012
wow, hate Light much?
Arysthae chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
Beautifully done. The unravelling and the madness of Light is brilliantly depicted. The chilling adaptations of the forgetful L and Near's panic over Alexander's writings are amusing. Simply lovely, simply beautiful. Well done.
Lisoata chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I think I must review this because it's absolutely absurd that this doesn't have more reviews than it does.

What is probably the most startingly brilliant thing about this is the continuity, even while all of Light's different lives are juxtaposed against each other you manage to retain the sense of it absolutely being Light - I think you characterise him beautifully. Light is a character that is impossible to characterise correctly, because, in your words 'he's a lie and he lives like one, surviving on kernels of truth', but you get very, very close to characterising Light perfectly. This is, like everything you write, beautifully written, but I think that's your greatest achievement. If I had to identify a flaw, it would be the shattering of themes - though maybe that's intentional? In one the theme appears to be lies, in another lost humanity, I think it would be even better if there was an underlying theme. But, still, the discontinuity of themes is actually rather effective in places.
rajvir chapter 2 . 5/22/2011
I personaly dont like the ending but I love this story none the less
AikiaJuniper chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
An absolutely breathtaking two-shot; the characterization and attention to detail are quite entrancing, not to mention that the plot-line is so twistedly dark. I only popped into the first chapter to scan it and was sucked right in before I knew what happened. 3
Retrophilic chapter 2 . 8/30/2010
Holy shit. This is fucking awesome.

I love TvTropes for the roundabout way it led me to this fic. Because this fic is just so fucking beautiful. All the poetic imagery and shit? I am too incoherent with awe to properly tell you how amazing I think this is.

You win forever. FOREVER. You can take the whole internet for all I care. I only regret that there is not more for me to read.
fangurlnumbaone chapter 2 . 6/29/2010
That story was really good at showing reincarnation, but in your own words, sort of. It kind of makes you think.
belafiorre chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
ooh!

that was surprisingly satisfying!(becuase usually stuff like this ends up awkward and hanging)

but the ending was awesome! like the perfect touch!

loved it! :DD
My Sublunary Soul chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Here comes long-winded review number two. The things I adored in this chapter...

- The L: Ah, our beloved detective. I love that he's returned, though not entirely the same, and yet very much as L. I won't blab much about his role, because that would be a spoiler to those who are reading this review before reading the story (I'm looking at you, anonymous potential reader C:), and wouldn't I be a jerk to do that? I'll just say that his presence pleases me. And Light, too, apparently.

- The Decline: The effects of the endlessness are showing through, and it feels very real, very believable. Light is worse than cynical now, sort of deteriorate. But of course it would happen eventually, because he had been distant from and hated mankind since the beginning, so being exposed to it continuously could only result in... craziness.

- The End: Oh, major spoiler zone. I'll only say that the vagueness nicely supported the effect of Light losing himself in the midst of all those lifetimes, and that the last scenario was certainly unexpected but a fitting end for them both.

In the end, what I want to tell you is this: congratulations, you've taken a unique approach to this concept, fleshed it out in interesting detail, and built an extraordinary two-shot. If it was long, it was worth it. If anything, I liked how you gave due attention to each life; my favorites were Faust, the orphan, and Ianus. So... yeah. I think you've submitted a great piece. :D
My Sublunary Soul chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Well, now allow me to take this time to list the things I loved from this first half alone.

- The Concept: Your story brings a new feeling to the concept of "Light is reborn after using the Death Note." Rather than the ridiculosity of Light living a new, "enlightened" life of repentance, you've taken a more genuine, more unique, and refreshingly darker approach - the endlessness.

- The Style: I like your style; what more can I say? It flows and it flows, like time and like the repeated recycling of Light's soul. I think it matches the premise of the story just perfectly, and the mood it gives off is appropriate for a cynic such as Light.

- The Characterization: As you've shown, Light assumes many names and many identities over time. And yet, he is Light - he is still Light. Though you can see how he evolves after each rebirth (as he should, because a person like Light always grows wiser with each step), you've kept him in character as much as he possibly can be after all that time. And he is still Kira, somewhere deep down.

So, it goes without saying that I really enjoyed your story. And here is one of those long-winded reviews that tells you that I really read, and read into, your story. Because you deserve it. :)
orange.eclipse chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
I enjoyed this piece but I have to say I started zoning out towards the end. I admire your style and elegant prose, particularly the way you switched seamlessly between identities without losing the essence of Light's character.
plsdeletethisaccountffdotnet chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Whoa. Yeah... That's pretty much it. I can't describe the ending in any other way. But I really liked it (in a demented sort of way) so... Yeah. Nice job :)
RoseDawson35 chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
I can honestly say that was amazing. It was so beautifully written. I love the irony of it all. :]
Chucky1982 chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Very good story, it has a bit of an epic feeling about it. I liked the part about the "happy end" of Alexander's book... for me it was such a downer ending (not for all the L fans I know) ;-)

I particularly liked this line: "Jack had been abandoned all his life. He had always been left forgotten on the beaten path, watching the horde move beyond him, move past him—a wilting blossom of amaranth, dying in his immortality, left trampled and forgotten."

It sums your story up quite nicely, and to me it seems like even though, he didn't really die (or rather keeps dying over and over) and ultimately "wins", it's still like his own personal hell. It's not the nothingness that one would usually imagine, but there's really nothing there except for him.

You probably disagree but that's what I though when I read this.
katen1993 chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
wow... i love this fic. it made my heart pounding in my chest... :D