Reviews for Complex Simplicity
MyWeirdoEyes chapter 11 . 7/3
I honestly do not believe Reno would be that stupid.
Bleh, too OOC
fruckaduck chapter 14 . 5/12
spit/lube
That was...

I see you said you accept constructive criticism.
What can I say... It started fairly ok and I had hoped for it. Especially reading the author notes section where you said you that they were not just gonna randomly have sex, that they were people with feelings and such. So I expected a whole lot of character development, which it seemed like it would in the first chapters. But as it went on it seemed less and less like that was the case. Where should I go? I think it started when I saw the most cliche interpretation of the "villains". Like seriously, they barely had any character depth and can pretty much be summarized as the "bitch" in a high school drama that felt in love with one of the MC's and hate the other. Cloud was the typical angst Mary Sue, both with his inferiority complex and how no one could keep their hands off him part (which made his character really bad when added with his supposing OP side). It was especially bad when he was strong but couldn't do an actual thing when it mattered. the so called love development was pretty much just Sephiroth "falling in love on first sight", which founded more like plain lust. In fact, the only difference between his attraction to Cloud and the random people lusting over Cloud, was that he seemed to have some sort of respect for Cloud. And then Cloud just randomly seem to like him back, all of the sudden. They seemed all to be so shallow at one point, like Aeris just suddenly being concerned over rape (which was not that farfetched because it WAS rape, and rape does do that to a person. Just that, rape as plot drama is so so cliche when you have already used it many times in this story. Also especially since Aeris got over it so quickly while Zack seemed barely disturbed by the fact Aeris was raped. Not in the sense that he should be disgusted by her, but come on, you find out your girlfriend was raped and you barely have any concerns? Especially when she is traumatized enough to even have such an inferiority complex?)
There's also how everything just suddenly randomly seemed to work out. Like Cid randomly being a shinra when he needed to be one. Basically they all have such a big plot armor on them to make one's eyes roll.

There are, however, good things with your story. One was your writing style, which was fluid (as in, not long, not short, not too much description for it to become tiring, but exactly enough to make it perfect). Zack's interaction with Sephiroth was nice, I quite liked how he could read Sephiroth was gonna say without Sephiroth actually saying it. The strawberry allergy was a quite nice touch, especially when chapters after Cloud was poisoned by it. Sadly, it could have been expanded further; it had so much more potential. Also I'm pretty sure that's not how allergies work...
Anyway, my main point is that you should perhaps consider making characters more 3D next time, since they seemed to wear so much plot armor, cliches stay cliche because they haven't been developed enough to become something more than cliche's, and a bunch of villains with nothing better to do than to be villains personified.
kunjo-sama chapter 18 . 5/4
Dude that was awsome just a pity it was short but amazing
magitechxinc chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
Oh, no! Poor Zach! If only he knew!
magitechxinc chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Oh, god. This might just be a bit painful. Zack, you're such an idiot.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Dang, I wanted to see Cloud kick his arse :
Guest chapter 4 . 8/9/2014
LOL
LazyLamia chapter 18 . 6/8/2014
I love happy endings - and there is nothing better than good smut in the Sunday morning!
dawn chase chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Wow, talk about blonde moment Cloud. Lol
Silv chapter 4 . 4/27/2014
...Sephiroth thinks like a mean bully. I think.
I love the story. Thanks for finishing the story, I actually intended to review at the last chapter but I couldn't resist commenting.
3rdmuse chapter 17 . 1/26/2014
This is amazing! I like the storyline. It doesn't really matter if cloud is 42 or is supposed to be tougher(which I don't think so; he has been through so much that I think it's normal to 'collapse'). I guess the stress got into Reno yea? Dang. He become quite crazed right there! And strawberries! Never once in my life I would think that it can do stuffs like that... Poor cloud :(
I have always loved sephxcloud, and this is one of the best fics I've ever read. Don't worry too much about people feeling like spelling and grammar is 'bad'. I think it's quite good still. Doesn't distract anything from the story... Is it still too late to ask for the epilogue? I just wanna know so bad how these couples are gonna live their lifes!

Pm me if you need any help or anything :)

-riel
Shiro Yukino chapter 17 . 11/15/2013
It was enjoyable. It had a lot of twists and turns but it was fun to read cause it kept bringing new surprises. Though the spelling and grammar did annoy the hell out of me. The familial relationships were seriously surprising for me and not all worked for me. Hojo, as far as I know is a creep and I would stay far,far away from him. The one-sided relationships rather creeped me out and their mannerisms too. But the ending was just absolutely brilliant. Though the credit goes to Sephiroth for the final line, it just made me feel so happy and giddy. Please keep writing new fics cause you're just amazing with them.
Disturbed Turtle chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
I'm looking forward to reading more. I like your imagery, very good.