Reviews for Bottle Understanding
Gen-in-the-Eve chapter 1 . 4/18
I thought this story was interesting, especially so after reading your final author's note. Because Severus Snape is such a complicated character it seems that everyone takes such a passionate stand about how they feel about him, which usually translates to a larger than life role. So I found this exercise in restraint interesting. Thank you for taking the time to explore it.
Shadow of Flame chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Nice. This was really good-and you're right, I haven't seen many fics featuring Harry and Snape that don't put them on one extreme or the other. I liked the writing style and your characterization made perfect sense.
Avi chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
This was beautiful in its simplicity. I am one of those readers who fixates on happy endings and changing worlds, possibly due to the circumstances of my own life. This piece, however, gave me reason to think. You perfectly captured the understated nature and effects of respect on already grown individuals. Severus Snape was always going to do what he had to do for the cause, your version of Harry Potter may have just made the experience slightly easier for him.

Thank you for putting your time, thought, and originality into your writing. I appreciate it.

I apologize for not having an account I can currently access (my old email died.)
X59 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This was brilliant.
Larenars chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Dragonfire97 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I think that by "stopper death" snape actually means brewing deadly potions and poisons, not stopping death. Nice fic though
SituationalExtrovert chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This story is deceptively simple, and utterly brilliant.

Well done.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Excellent. So often, we underestimate the power of good teachers, but the impact they have is profound. We absorb so much more from our teachers than we realize, and I thank you for writing this story.
TheTotallySaneSlytherin chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Applause! Awesome! Really, I've never seen anything like this.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Nice stuff. I really like this portrayal. Their characters & scenes were done really well. Except for one thing.

Remus didn't "forget" to take his potion. He was distracted by the Map and the possible danger the Trio were in BEFORE Severus came with the Wolfsbane. Prof Snape set the goblet down, glanced at the Map, jumped to conclusions and ran after him, understandably forgetting the potion in his haste. So, I have to say, sorry, but I DO NOT think Remus was being "irresponsible". It was a mistake. Just a flippin' accident. It could've turned out badly, but it didn't. No offence meant... It just gets my gall the amount of times people don't seem to realise that it was an accident that – given how Remus is – would not be repeated. It wasn't exactly Remus' fault. Nor was it Prof Snape's. Just a series of unfortunate coincidences.
HP-fanfic-fan101 chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
OMG I love this, its so wonderful; Harry is smart and respects Professor Snape.

I love the way you've written this as well, I can't think of any one thing in particular, I just love it all. It just never occurred to me that there weren't stories where Harry and Snape were only student and teacher, so thank you for this.
madnessdownunder2 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
professional respect and freindship are not the same! Very nice!
craizypet chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
i like it, not drawn out and made to be to long, but with just the right bits of information and thinking that make us able to understand the point, fantastic!
Deanadelyon chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Very nice job :) Realistic and subtle. I quite like it; you're right, stories like this are very rare on this site (and considering the fact that there are over a half-million HP fanfics here, that is saying something.)

Good work.
jesusfreak100percent chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I did like this story (although I hate sad endings).

As for your comment on Snape and Harry always having some form of actual relationship in fanfics - whether based on loathing or love - I think it's because Snape is such a big character, and there is so much to say about him, and so much to have him do, that no one wants to have him in their story unless he is a proper character.