Reviews for Playing with Evil
Afaaf chapter 14 . 7/3/2017
interesting story beautifully written. As always i love Kakashi. Everyone else comes later.
Dragonjek chapter 14 . 12/21/2016
Ooh, 'dat ending, tho.

Brilliant story. I loved it. There were some parts I objected to, but overall it was just wonderful.
Dragonjek chapter 8 . 12/21/2016
Kakashi has shit for timing. He says things are only going to get harder, so he moves on to a whole new set of disabilities for them to train in-and now Naruto, the strategist and great communicator of the team, has his effectiveness cut in half. And why did Kakashi delay so long about the leg when he took the other things, like Sasuke's hypothermia, seriously right from the get go?

While going on a mission handicapped to rely on each other more does seem like a great training method, being handicapped on such an important mission is just that-a handicap. Honestly, he should have removed the handicaps before they tried to rescue Jun.
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
Naruto refuses to see the problems to fix them.
Sakura refuses to hear of solving them at all.
Sasuke refuses to speak of them.

Nice choices.
Tuesday's-Here chapter 14 . 11/10/2016
Did I just read the best Team 7 fanfic ever or did I just read the best Team 7 fanfic ever!? Oh yeah that was just so freaking awesome! It was so real and so painful and sad yet beautiful. They each had their struggles and issues of their own and between each other but Kakashi being the bamf that he is found a way to guide them towards healing between them. He didn't hold their hands or tell them exactly what to do to help them (because in part even he had no idea how to repair their teamwork) but he started them on the right path like a good sensei. Honestly I was a little sad for Kakashi in getting left out of the bonding somewhat but it is what Team 7 needed and while Kakashi didn't get to be directly involved he gets to watch from the outside and be proud of the people they are growing up to be.

The only "so called OOC-ness" I could see would be Sakura actually being her normal self around Sasuke instead of the quivering mass of uselessness she use to turn into around him, which is a good thing and how she should have always been later in life! Other than that I thought the characters were well fleshed out, interesting, true to themselves and their characterizations, and all around beautiful personalities.

I adored this story I really did. It had me hooked and I had to finish! I don't know what your original ending was but this was a great one for this story, they have grown together and no one knows what the future holds but life goes on and I think you portrayed that nicely. Thank you for writing this and sharing it, this is such a damn good Team 7 story well done!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/22/2016
ooooh great story!
JoblessReader chapter 14 . 6/11/2016
Ooh damnnnnnnn... Always loved how flexible Danzo's character was. Although it IS your expertise which brought it about so well. So... This was AWESOME!
GuardianOfMagic chapter 14 . 3/8/2016
This story deserves so much more reviews than 200. THIS ONE SHOULD BE AT THE TOP! THE TOP I SAY!
THEEE TOOOOOOPPPPPP!
(つД)ノ
Smiling Seshat chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
Fascinating first chapter. I cannot wait to read more.
siena chapter 5 . 4/20/2015
This is a great story and I read it with great joy and interest.
However, there is something that almost put me off for a moment: there are parts of the story when your description made me think Naruto is seeing again and imediately after he is described as blind again...
Taramailsbox chapter 14 . 12/6/2014
Wow I just read this story straight through and loved it.
sendicard chapter 7 . 5/27/2014
I've been wondering, why the absolute refusal to use Kyuubi? For instance, they were stuck in an overly large cave because of the snow, and were suffering from cold induced sickness. That literally spells out Kyuubi. Just a few uses here.

Kyuubi's Chakra is considered extremely hot, toxic as well. Couldn't Naruto have just used some of it and dug at the cave? Would have gone much quicker, and his body heat wouldn't have fucking died.

From the way you describe the cave, pretty sure if Naruto was desperate enough he could have gotten away with a Bijudama. I understand that's a last resort kind of thing, but they were fucking dying!

A Kyuubi powered Resengan would have been useful as well, would have definitely gotten rid of the snow. Hell, normal Resengan would have gotten it eventually. There was no reason for them to almost die there.
It isn't like he can't use Kyuubi, he used it back in the enemy base.

Then there's Naruto's wounds. You actually had Naruto question earlier why Kyuubi wasn't healing his wounds, well that's a damn good question for instance, why hasn't it healed his blindness by now? Whether he let it happen on purpose or not. That, I hope for an answer in the story eventually.
sendicard chapter 2 . 5/26/2014
"She could hear Naruto just behind her"
You know, I had decided to sit this one out and just enjoy but that.. That's too priceless to ignore. Way to write from muscle memory... What makes it better is you had JUST mentioned her deafness one line before.

Two hours and a half. At first I just thought that was an error, but it shows up more than once. Certainly not the way it's normally said but...Ok. I'm calling cultural difference on this one or something.

End note: While it is indeed true that crying is a natural reaction to frustration, it's normally not a reaction unless the frustration is extreme. For someone who actively trains their emotions, it would have to be monumental. I'm not saying you're wrong here, just that basing a character's reaction to something off of an article is kind of ludicrous. You need to observe people and mentally note their personality types. Character traits that might effect crying or frustration, or even just the frustration on that particular thing.
For instance, I've trained my emotions so there are a lot of things about them that break the "Norms" of psychology. Inversely, there are things that still have the normal reaction, even against my will.

Everyone is different, so no article can give you a true character reaction, only study can. The facts certainly help though...
AlmostElectric chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Has it really been so long since someone reviewed this fic?
Absolutely flawless. Breathtaking characterisation and plot. I'm just so blown away.
If you ever become a real author, I'd read your books without a word.
Fantastic. So fantastic. Sasuke is a character that is impossible to get down, but you did it, and fantastically. I adored it - you are probably the best author I've ever read on this website.
Don't ever stop writing, even if you have done on this website; I adore, adore, ADORE how you write this. Your other fic, Falling Up to Heaven -
I just can't put it into words. These are fantastic. Works of art, even. Just wonderfully written. I'll probably come back in the near future to read these again, if not for the marvellous plot, if for some ideas for my own writing - and to see how you are doing it yourself.
Thank you so much for an excellent read.
Mia chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I forgot to tell you that i love you twisted sense of humor..