Reviews for Broken Bow
This was absolutely amazing it really made me feel things. He acted and felt like I thought a real son of Artemis would!
teannava chapter 4 . 8/27
Brilliant. Consider me you're newest fan
percabeth2death chapter 2 . 7/13
I'm in love with this book like OT Genasis is in love with the coco. Bro, do this way more. I got lead here because somebody read my child of Artemis story and said the only ones that they could get into was mine and this one. So I thought about checking it out. Nothing like it out there dude, straight up awesome. I love it
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 7/3
Dear Xed:

Tiny thing: I think Apollo means "both your conception and birth were virginal". An immaculate conception is one where original sin is not transmitted to the person conceived; it has nothing to do with whether or not sex is involved. (Indeed, when a certain lady in white showed up at a French garbage dump and announced herself to be the Immaculate Conception, she was referring to a specific event in which sex was very definitely involved - at least, so we may assume, since tradition does definitely identify her as having had two human parents.)

Broken Ascendent chapter 4 . 6/8
Expression and creation of a character that made me cry, this only happens for great stories, you sir, deserve that award.
halfbloodwizard chapter 4 . 5/23
Okay this was so original & I (admittedly) shed quite a few tears during the mother & son confrontation scene. You are one amazing writer! :) hope to read more of your work in the future!
HgSpartan chapter 4 . 5/8
Holy *expletive*! I was giddy at the end of that, spasms. Fantastic characterization. Dang, on to the next!
It's a shame that you didn't include Armani in the HOO series. I would have loved to see how he interacted with the Romans especially Octavian
snowman1989 chapter 4 . 4/12
The concept driving this story is so easy to get wrong, not to mention difficult to handle appropriately in all its core aspects, but I think you pulled it off quite admirably. It's almost a shame that it is non-canon as of The Lost Hero, the revenge of Midas against Apollo was pretty twisted and maliciously ironic.

I also think this story might have had more impact had Armani died. Nothing against the character, but it would have fit in with the tragic mythology of Artemis and those she loved. The story DID seem to be working up towards a tragic ending. But the ending to this story felt... not bad, but a little lacking in uncertainty or conflicted feelings. Or perhaps tension is the word I'm looking for. After all, Armani IS a major, irrevocable change to the status quo.

With that said, the doom and gloom is brightened up by well-placed and well-written humour throughout. In a way, you seem to have enjoyed writing these moments to accentuate just how outlandish and over-the-top the whole story is, without making the story seem ridiculous, in a manner of speaking.

Overall, it was a joy to read. I actually feel a bit sad for having now read it, as I know I'll be hard-pressed to find another story like this, handling the same subject matter with the kind of wit, intelligence and humour worthy of Rick Riordan's modern mythological stories.
you really need to put this on ao3 tbh. i've been reading and rereading this series constantly since it came out and i would really love to download it to my phone? plus ao3 is so much more accessible nowadays like
wonderful work of art. LOVE this series.
halokillerkid chapter 1 . 2/6
CookieMonsta1233 chapter 4 . 1/30
God damn it.
I really loved this story, well and truely
It was not perfect, it had it's flaws. But it was too riveting for me to care.
From the start it was clear that this story was about the end.
I enjoyed the remaking of the cliche'd "Son/Daughter of Artemis".
You did it surprisingly well.

As with all things there is a downside.
I really feel that he should have died.
Either at while falling from the Empire State Building or crawling into the clearing to die.
The whole story was about the final hunt and the lone wolf.
I believe that it would have been a sensational four-shot.
I don't suppose you could make a remake in which he dies? Pretty please?

It was a good fic, with a few tears on the side.
I particularly like that you paired up the son of the moon with the god of the sun
apoll8 chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
That was sick!
menright6 chapter 4 . 11/12/2014
interesting, but very good. thank you very much!
emily chapter 4 . 11/9/2014