Reviews for Not a Present
a reader fan chapter 1 . 1/10
charming! Thank you for sharing this tale.
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I think I've read this two years in a row now. I like that your characters are all in character, and Severus thoughts seem like something that would actually cross his mind. Good job. :)
loveretriever chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Wonderful one-shot story :) I loved it!

Definitely makes me want for Christmas holidays and cheer!

I know you wrote this awhile ago, but reading it now so close to Thanksgiving made me smile :)

Your writing is wonderful and, as always, you have captured Severus perfectly. I have read some of your other works (some I have not commented on because I did not have the time...sorry I'm limited with internet "free time") :( it sucks... but anyway, you're writing is wonderful!

Thank you for continuing to write :) I enjoy reading and I hope you keep uploading any other tidbits you have (because I'm a selfish, demanding reader haha). Of course, at your leisure :)
OutOfNames chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I love this story! The details behind the book's background, the style, and the ease with which it flows. Do you have a sequel to the story, one that explains the history behind the book like McGonagall mentioned?
stgulik chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
On a whim I plugged Minerva Mcgonagill and Severus Snape into FF.n's search engine, and to my delight found a series of wonderfully-written stories. I'm enjoying your whole series very much!
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I'm not sure that possessing three heads and three sets of ridiculously sharp teeth could make this fic any less likeable, or any less perfect.

The characterization in here is absolutely perfect, from hinting at Snape's latent insecurities to his admittedly more prevalent paranoid side. And my goodness, it was so dreadfully creative, the book that McGonnagal gave him.

And the ending helped wrap up the fic beautiful. A truly enjoyable read, thank you.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Kelly, you write beautifully. This was very touching and again so in character. I like your little touches like 'she would have badgered him'-'she wasn't a Hufflepuff for nothing' and the remark on the three heads at the beginning. You got me there : I was wondering which of your story had 'three heads' and then I burst out laughing.

It's so sad he expects it to be a prank because that's what Gryffindors do.

And Poppy? I don't really see it, but perhaps Severus was mistaken.

(I'd stick with Willa, she's my favourite.)
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I glanced again at the word count, and was astonished, for like a magical package, this opened up into rooms and worlds, some of them running backward in time: such a lovely, dense thicket or brocade of relationships, history, and magical lore. Last of all and most glorious: the magic of books, of intellectual lineage, and collegial friendship.

What a treat; I feel as if I too received Minerva's lovingly wrapped gift.
Mothwing chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Oh, how lovely. Great note she wrote there.
Devilish Twinz chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Go McGonnagall!Actually getting Sanpe to accept a present takes work...AND TALENT!
Amanda Pearson chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Kelly. I'm afraid I can't be more eloquent...your writing just astounds me. Well done.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Wow, this was amazing, I love the gift that Severus got, McGonagall is a wonderful woman!
OSuzanne chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Beautifully written story. The descriptions are so rich and clear.
the real snape chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Such fun to reread!

/Snape appreciated the gesture, he supposed/ Love the 'he supposed'.

/He had no experience buying gifts and could think of no one to whom he wanted to offer one./ Poor devil!

/"Are you going to invite us in?"/ Tetley's right, that 'us' for her and the plant is great. Completely IC. Brisk and straightforward, but still 'us'.

And I love the way you pick up on it with 'Pomona and her plant bustled'.

/just his little joke out in public/ I love Filius more and more.

/friend's in Hogsmeade/ The nice gentleman friend who' quite the gardener himself?

/Well, to a teacher, a restful holiday was preferable, anyway./
Lily chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
This is just adorable, what a fantastic idea- all of it, the book and then Snapes reluctance to give or accept gifts and youve captured Pomona beautifully- and I can just picture Snape sitting next to his plant and its a rather funny picture, too- I suppose this is a one shot and I wont get to know what happens at Minervas Christmas Party which is rather sad but Ill just re- read it a couple of times instead.