Reviews for The Dimensional Guardians!
Shadow Lugia of Orre chapter 9 . 10/8/2012
You should have made Giratina attack Axel and Roxas. That would have been hilarious.
ZXCVBNMEM chapter 16 . 12/13/2010
wow awesome preview! Cant wait to read this
Batthan the Dark Knight chapter 16 . 12/12/2010
Nice! In the next sequel you can have Sonic impressed with Ash on how that Sheena mentions that Ash and Pikachu are like the thunder creature and his master.
WereDragon EX chapter 14 . 10/22/2010
Ah well, how long has it been? Once again, I apologize for this late review, but my work has caught up to me yet again. Sigh. This review was actually typed up over the course of several days, so there’s an idea. Anyways, so we have finally come to the last chapter of your story and it’s a long one indeed. Hmmm… so you are proposing taking out one or two of Joshua’s powers. I do think he is somewhat overpowered at times myself, I’ll admit that right now. I suggest removing either Water or Ice, since they are quite similar to one another, and some franchises even lump both as a single power. Right then, might as well get down to answers your comments to my last review.

Dawn’s embarrassing nickname is “Diamond Dandruff”, shortened to “Dee Dee”. She received this name in nursery school, which had a Plusle and Minun as pets. She taught they were cute and proceeded to give them a hug. Unfortunately for Dawn, she squeezed them too hard and they used Discharge on her, causing her hair to stand up and sparkle. Hence the reason her classmates gave her that nickname. It is more sophisticated than I thought for kids their age to come up with though. Whenever Dawn meets any of her old schoolmates in the anime, they still refer to her by that nickname, much to her displeasure.

Your change to Giratina getting healed is sort of a major liberty with the plot and it really does get noticed, in comparison to the first story where you kept your additions mostly unnoticed by Ash’s group, and maintaining some semblance of canon. But still, it was interesting nonetheless.

Hmmm… Technically, the film did show all three members of the dragon trio get knocked out all right. Dialga fainted first due to the stress in sending Ash and his friends back in time. When Arceus burst out of the pocket dimension Palkia trapped him in for the second time, the Spacial Pokemon was sent flying into a wall and got knocked out in the process. A minute after Palkia was knocked out, shortly after Team Rocket discovered the real Jewel of Life in Marcus’ scepter, Arceus flung Giratina into the hillside the shrine was built into, which knocked out the Renegade Pokemon and sent Team Rocket plunging into the water underneath. So yeah, the movie did depict all three dragons fainting at the hands of Arceus. After that, Arceus proceeded to bombard Michina Town using Judgment with no resistance. If you do want to remain faithful to the movie, it looks like the heroes fighting Arceus must somehow be prevented from stopping the Alpha Pokemon’s Judgment, since the town is severely damaged near the end of the movie. Might they be eventually incapacitated like the dragon trio is by the time Ash’s group returns from the past? And by the way, I did think Giratina is aware of what’s going on around him in the cage on Megarig.

More Sonic characters in the Arceus story may make things more interesting. Wonder if they will be among the main ones besides Sonic and Shadow. Oh yeah, will other characters such as Danny’s friends appear, but in a spectator role to the fight, like that of Kevin’s?

Anyways, on to the chapter. I don’t have much to say about Zero initially destroying the Reverse World’s ice pillars and Regigigas awakening from his slumber, as well as the glacier in the real world destabilizing, since it was taken straight from the movie. Well, I’m sure you’re used to my comments on your movie accuracy apart from the additions you’ve made by now, and it seems that you’ve made Zero’s airship more durable. The additions where the heroes confront Zero don’t really detract from the mood of the scene, which is always a plus when writing this sort of thing.

Of course, with the additional number of heroes fighting Zero, as well as the increased durability you appear to have given that villain’s airship when compared to the movie, you did add quite a bit of extra fight and action scenes. Personally, I did feel that this corresponding part of the movie was a trifle rushed, so having it fleshed out more like that is a welcome bonus in my books.

I see you decided to add some comedy with Nathan slamming his face into the moving glacier before trying to push the darn thing back himself. That made me chuckle. I also liked Goofy’s speech, since it adds depth to his character, and is certainly something he is capable of articulating. I highly doubt he is the airhead that his outward mannerisms lead many to believe. The speech is also in line with one of the general messages the anime tries to teach its viewers, so a pat on the back for meshing the two franchises so well like that. Regigigas appearing with the herd of Mamoswine reminds me of Organization XIII members who show up backed by their respective class of Lesser Nobodies, only Regigigas is here to do good instead. Of course, the scene where the pokemon push back the glacier is faithful to the movie, so I don’t have much to say here.

I am intrigued by the fact that Zero managed to knock out and incapacitate a good number of the heroes using that airship which absorbed Giratina’s powers and abilities. Makes you wonder what Arceus will do to them then. So Joshua manages to acquire a new form due to the pent up electric abilities he had throughout the story. Interesting. I thought Cosmo calling Wanda a guy and Timmy a lady was funny. Disturbing yes, but funny. So even though his airship took a harsh beating from Joshua, Zero is still persistent in continuing. You’ve certainly made him more radical than he was in the movie.

Of course, you expanded upon the scene where Zero and Ash had that little verbal exchange. Looks like the more radical edge you’ve given Zero has made him prone to being on the verge of surrendering his heart to the darkness. I take it that Zero would have become a Nobody if he actually succumbed to it, right? Save for your additions, Zero getting evicted from the Reverse World is accurate to the movie, and I suppose you had the visitors sucked out as well to keep intact the scene of Giratina repairing the Reverse World’s damage. So the group knows of Danny and Joshua’s true natures then, and keep it a secret anyways. Donald getting squashed by Sora and Goofy elicited a chuckle from me. Looks like Sonic has a nickname for Joshua. Sigh. Who does that hedgehog think he is, Xigbar? The scene of Giratina returning Ash to the real world has also been kept accurate, save for some minor shifts in dialogue, but that’s understandable, considering your additions.

Boy, you’ve sure made Shaymin’s parting scene quite long, but hey, it is a emotional farewell scene that serves as the parting of the ways for everyone. of course, they will all be brought back for the Arceus story, but that's something to note in the future. I thought Timmy’s part was especially humorous, since he accidentally gave himself away as Cleft to Joshua. I do find it odd that Dawn, who is the same age as Timmy, should be berating like that. Oh yeah, Timmy’s Internet excuse popped up when asked where he got his gear. Reminds me of the time his father asked him where he got the Internet in response to hearing that excuse, and then fainting when Timmy couldn’t give an answer, implying that he stole the Internet. Now that was comedic. And I loved how Cosmo got back at Wanda by zipping up her mouth. So it seems that Danny would have accepted Joshua’s request to protect his city had he been asked first then.

Looks like Joshua, Danny, and Nathan have a meeting with Clockwork after leaving the Pokemon world. So Clockwork wants to train them in preparation for an upcoming threat to the Pokemon world, which I’ll probably assume is Arceus. Hmmm… This is a nice way to end the story on a cliffhanger, but it looks like there is one or two more updates to this story we might have a long wait for. Ah well, looking forward to them when they are put up on the site. By the way, Poof’s voice actress is Tara Strong.

Once again, I would like to apologize for how long it took for me to submit this review and it looks like this story garnered way more reviews than the first story, so congratulations on that. Might I trouble you to send me your response to this review via PM? Oh yes, before I forget, I would like to invite you to join “The Awesome Club”, a Pokemon forum on this site which I have been a member of since it started. There are a lot of great people there looking to chat, and it is one way we could communicate more often, since I am there quite frequently. If you choose to join, just let them know on the Introductions thread that I invited you. The address to the forum is forum/The_Awesome_Club/79948/
ZXCVBNMEM chapter 14 . 9/18/2010
congrats on the new chapter! so does that mean your going to write another sequel? if you are, then i cant wait to read it! :)
MetalSonicReject chapter 14 . 9/18/2010
EPIC! What an ending! Great job! Can't wait for the sequel!
Dialga's Song of Time chapter 13 . 9/5/2010
Great chapter. Maybe on the Arceus: the jewel of life story you could include Link or Zelda from the legend of zelda series. They could travel to the past with Ash and co. Maybe link's orcarina of time could come in handy, For zelda, she could use farore's wind and nayru's love
Kinghy chapter 13 . 9/1/2010
Another great chapter you've managed to pull off. I'd say your change to the film in how Giratina was rescued did catch me off guard. I certainly was not expecting that. Apart from that, you also had Sora and Donald heal Giratina instead of Shaymin. Two big liberties you've taken with the plot. I'm still trying to decide if your changes made things more interesting and dramatic, or decreased the feel that carried over from the movie. What I can say is that you appear to have made Zero a tougher foe to beat, with his password preventing his ship from falling the way it did in the original plot. The struggle in the Reverse World next chapter would be worth a read, I daresay. Good luck on the next installment then.
ShadowtheHedgehog9 chapter 13 . 8/24/2010
Thanks. I feel better now. Good luck writing the fanfiction you want to make!
WereDragon EX chapter 13 . 8/23/2010
Quite a neat update to your story you've got there. And don't worry, all of your replies to my last review reached my Inbox safe and sound, and I have already read them. Incidently, I lost the dragon trio battle I had with my brother to decide which Generation V game is bought by whom. But it was close, since my brother's Giratina was the last Pokemon standing at the end of the battle. It just happened to be slightly faster than my last Pokemon, my Dialga, and won the battle for him. It turns out that it didn't matter who won, since my brother wanted Pokemon Black and was worried that I would pick it. I wanted Pokemon White and thought my brother wanted it. So we both got to buy the versions we each wanted. Oh well, I still enjoyed the battle nonetheless. I don't know about you, but I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, though my brother thinks the opposite.

Anyways, like I said before, neat chapter. So you mentioned that Joshua's electrical powers would play a role in Giratina gettting freed. Having him drain the Megarig of its power by absorbing the elctricity is a nice twist, quite original, and it certainly puts those powers of his to good use, I guess. The dramatic tension in seeing whether or not he would succeed in time to stop Zero's scan is also more intense than in the movie itself, even if you already know that Zero would manage to gain Giratina's powers. The end result makes Joshua seem like an electric type Pokemon who has had too much charge, similar to Pikchu and Pachirisu when they absorbed too much electricity and couldn't reliably discharge it. Danny getting zapped by it was quite comedic.

Giratina crashing into the lake and crawling out is, save for your additions, faithful to the movie, and it reminds me that Arceus will do the same to him again in the following movie. Dawn freaking out about her hair getting messed up from static electricity is a running joke in the anime, as well as the reason she acquired her embaressing nickname to begin with.

Interesting changeon why you decided to have Sora and Donald heal Giratina in the story instead of Shaymin like in the movie. Shaymin healing Giratina is a symbolic gesture that it's no longer afraid of the antimatter Pokemon, as well as a thank you to Giratina for freeing it from Zero's Magnemite, a way of making peace with him, if you will. I feel that some of the meaning in the scene is lost due to your change, but I do hope you don't take this piece of constructive criticism too hard. Anyways, Sora and Donald appear capable of healing a member of the dragon trio, but they are set to go back to the past in the next story, if I'm not mistaken. So will you retain the early knockout of Dialga in the Arceus story? Or will the temporal pokemon be healed by someone else? If you want the visitors to have the spotlight in the battle against Arceus, I would suggest keeping the dragon trio knocked out and not healed after they fall. Of course, Arceus is a force to be reckoned with after he breaks out of Palkia's pocket dimension the second time, since he knocked out both Palkia and Giratina in the space of a minute. The visitors might have quite a challenge on their hands at that point. At least Joshua and Danny makes peace with Giratina after helping him against Zero. I thought the image of the little creatures on Giratina's head was quite cute.

Shadow insulting Goofy was really uncalled for. I would have politely corrected him had a made such a mistake in my presence. Maybe I'm too nitpicky, which is yet another trait of Zexion's that my friends like to point out in me. Shadow's insult must be bad enough that it angered the antimatter Pokemon as well. Or was Giratina already predisposed to hate Shadow to begin with, since his revenge on Danny was interrupted by the hedgehog? At least Shadow's flashback taught him some humility, though his apology might as well have gone through a paper shredder before exiting his mouth. He really had to drag it out, didn't he? Where did that flashback come from, by the way? I'm not very familar with the storylines of the Sonic franchise. At least Goofy easily forgives others, though Donald seems to be the opposite.

Zero emerging in his mini airship and attacking the group was faithful to the movie as well, though the move used by Newton's Shieldon is called "Flash Cannon". Just thought I'd correct you there. Zero's Giraina craft is way sturdier than the Megarig, and it looks like you made it stronger than it was in the movie, just so it can take more punishment from the visitors. Well, by retrating into the Reverse World, Zero seems set to cause more trouble once again, and I stand by what I said about him being an idiot for leaving his hover scooter behind so some heroes can use it to chase him. Out of curiousity, how does Shadow manage to warp into the Reverse World with the Chaos Emerald when he couldn't leave that place using the same method? Was it because he was trying to leave the Pokemon world completely the first time? So do the Chaos Emeralds only transport the user between dimensions in the same universe but not between different universes? Anyways, it looks like many of the heroes are geared to fight back against Zero. By the way, will other Sonic characters be appearing in the Arceus story? Looking forward to the next chapter, do update soon
MetalSonicReject chapter 13 . 8/22/2010
Awesome chapter! I still didn't get a responce yet. Keep trying. I'll wait for it.
Dialga's Song of Time chapter 12 . 8/12/2010
Wow! this is an awsome story. I can't wait until kirby appears, and maybe meta knight can appear. Remember, kirby may look cute, but he can be dangerous to his opponents. Maybe kirby's copy abilities can be put into good use in this story and others in the future.

Also, I can't wait until The Arcues and the Jewel of Life fanfic.
ShadowtheHedgehog9 chapter 12 . 8/9/2010
What's wrong with me? That was such a stupid question. It's your own decision to make. I'm sorry. Although your story's are quite good! Can't wait for the other chapters and the story on Arceus and the Jewel of Life! Just to make sure...is their any problems with the 12 movie story that I didn't know about or missed?
Kinghy chapter 12 . 8/6/2010
And so the plot thickens, with Giratina being unable to be rescued the way it was in the original movie plot. Kirby is the story's new character? Didn't see that one coming. Then again, you do have quite a few characters some would consider "kiddy". Not that I mind, since you have quite a few age groups to consider when writing this story. Let's see how Giratina gets free next chapter then.
JudgmentOfTheDream chapter 12 . 8/5/2010