Reviews for Never Offer Your Heart
MercuryMan chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I envy your ability to write prose so lyrically. My writing is like a technical manual by comparison, and a particularly dry one at that. I wonder which little circle of hell we are seeing Spinelli explore here? I feel bad for the guy, he feels too much. Great work, I super-enjoyed it!
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Beautifully written. I love your use of alliteration, "...pathetic pair of people proving...", personification, "...his brain hasn’t remembered to tell his heart it can stop with all that nonsense..." and hyperbole, "...not even if she cut his heart out and swallowed it whole."

Your writing invokes such vivid imagery it is a pleasure to read. The poem accompanying the story is very fitting. Superb work.
Heartsafire chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Great piece!
suerum chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
It's ironic but entirely fitting that you finally do what you were meant to do all along, you take an amazing poem by a wonderful poetess and you match it with prose. Your prose is and always has been poetry, lyrical and moving. Moments of vivid imagery frozen forever in time that I read and reread. Did I mention how I hate those same words as well? Yes, hate gosh darn it because I can't do what you do. I don't want to be like Alice Walker. I don't want to be Emily Dickinson. I don't want to be Jane Austen because they are already immortal and beyond my paltry reach. I want to be you before you attain immortality and I can't even manage that.

I could pull out lines from this piece and scatter them throughout this review. I might pick: This is a part of that, he decides, although his inner optimist shrieks in grief or-their bodies must have moved together, dancing that dance that broke Spinelli’s’ heart when he wasn’t the leading man.

That's it though, I'm stopping here not because there isn't more to choose from but because there is nothing else but more. I am crying now, crying for this story, crying for your talent, crying for my envy, crying for my luck in having the privilege of knowing you. You’re killing me here kid!