Reviews for A Sister's Strength
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This story is something that I personally felt was touching. Something that Dragon Age has done extremely well is the fact that you can't help but just fall in love with all the NPCs in the game. Whether it's Gorim, Duncan, Shianni, Irving, or Rica, the characters you meet in the game always have a way of capturing a little piece of your heart. I'm not sure if that's lame to say or whatever, but I can't help but feel that it's true.

This? This was just lovely. Please don't ever forget that. It was sad, but I wouldn't have written it any other way.

Cordelia Storyspinner chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This was... Beautiful. Just... Beautiful.
ring-of-steel chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
This is such a lovely and well-crafted piece. Rica is one of my favorite NPCs, and I feel like you really got into her head and her heart. Maybe it was easier for me to "relate" to since I played a female Brosca myself for my one DA campaign, but I feel like you captured these powerful emotions beautifully.
payroo chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Rica was always one of my favorite origin story characters. Nice job capturing all the tensions and emotions of the casteless and such. I think I'll go sniffle in a corner now.
Shelbystar chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Aw...I started playing as a female Broska dwarf and I had been hoping to see a story here eventually after everyone got over the allure of playing the game as a Noble. The Broska's are a great family and this was very well written.
Rhia474 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Beautiful; a great tribute to a rarely featured Origin. That you wrote it from Rica's point of view was especially touching. Thank you for sharing!
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Lovely. Sad and unexpected, not just because it revolves around a female dwarf (all too rare in fanfic) but also because it involves a Warden who sacrificed herself for reasons other than loving Alistair. The Rica point of view is equally surprising but just right in its poignancy. Well done.
kiwibliss chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Very touching, especially the inclusion of Mom. Your sendoff is far sweeter than the on in game.
Sianie chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I agree with this. Honestly, my favourite characters in this game are NPCs like Rika, Leske... The ones that really define your character's motives/actions (in my humble opinion anyway.) The Rica/Brosca dynamic is brilliant, really. Especially if your Brosca is female!
Abydos Jackson chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
This is so sweetly written. I really enjoyed it.
noneko chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
What an absolutely lovely story. Very poignant, and you get your point across succinctly and beautifully.