Reviews for Painted Faces
AmberAkatsuki chapter 26 . 7/18/2015
Thank you very much for the story, definetely one of my favorites Harley stories. Joker is just charming in this story, the guy is amusing and flirty but respectful, a nice guy what is not so common since he's not so murderous here he's more a bombardier and I don't know you made him even cute sometimes o.O so thanks for the really nice writing
Chaos.Started.It chapter 14 . 1/7/2015
Wow. Is it really possible I've never commented on THIS story before? O.O Well it's time I changed that. Ok so I've seen a lot of people comment on here about how they don't like it because the joker seems too "humanized" or not crazy enough and I can see how they'd think that, but I think it all really explains things in this chapter and the other flashbacks that are to come. My take on it was that the joker was dealing with withdrawls which is hard enough as it is, then comes along this gorgeous psychiatrist that can manage to get inside his head which no one has really been able to do. So The Joker is more humanized in this story because he's battling demons from his past that he's already had to deal with once. This being said it makes perfect sense as to why The Joker does not seem as insane as everyone else is used to. And if people would read more of your stories he is crazier in the rest of them. I personally love your take on Nolan's joker and the relationship with Harley. People don't believe that he loves her or at least has strong feelings for her, but I believe if she really was annoying him so bad that he couldn't take it she would be gone for sure. So there's definitely a reason as to why The Joker keeps her around. He has very deep feelings for her, you can tell, but he doesn't want to comes to term with them because they would make him weak and I think it scares him a little and that's why he hits her all the time. He takes out his rage about his feelings on her. Anyway, mini rant/opinion over. I love this story so much. Literally there is not one thing I dislike about it. I think your background of who The Joker is, is spot on with the character Nolan made for him and makes perfect sense as to why he is the way he is. So excited to see you updated Part 2. Will be reading it when I'm done re-reading this one. Keep up the good work. ;)

Much Love!
Out of Books chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
I'm finding myself going back and forth in this story. I hadn't reviewed in the last couple of chapters because I would prefer that I gave criticism that is as clear and constructive as possible, and it was only after this chapter that I was able to figure out what it was that was really bothering me.
At first, I thought it was the timeflow. When I consider the short number of days that have passed, I can't help but feel like the flow of events are happening far too quickly. Particularly being someone that has worked in medical psyche ward. Richard's confusing work schedule makes it a little confusing too. Why would he be there on weekdays when works weekends? What sort of shifts is he working that simultaneously have him working opposite hours as Harley, have him clocking in during the morning, make him present for a late evening conversation with the 3rd shifter, and on a standard sleep schedule?
But Richard being some badass time lord is pertinent to neither plot or character development, so these things can be ignored or rationalized away for the sake of staying immersed.
No, I discovered that what was bothering me is how surprising psychologically mundane this story is. While Nolan did strive to place these characters in a world more grounded than in the comics, these guys are still supervillains.
This chapter brought this issue to the forefront because you did something I did not think possible: you made The Mad Hatter more horrifying than the Joker. The twist of making the Hatter an unrepentant pedophile was fresh, horrifying, and made perfect sense for the character.
Your line of Joker talking about how textbook he is broaders so close to fourth wall breaking, self-aware parody that I'm would almost question if this were a troll-fic. I was delighted at the twist of the Joker being an addict as it informs towards the distinction between Nolan's Joker and the incarnations he took influence from. Everything since then leaves me with that impression of the teenager that claims to be as anarchist only to turn around and complain about a lack in government funding for education, though. Here's someone with issues, but it's too banal to be THE Joker.
I hate coming off so negative in this review because there are good points in this story, and I am tentatively reading on because of them. I am praying to find out that these cliche issues the Joker is being diagnosed with turn out to be part of a cruel joke as they have been in other Joker/Harley Quinn origin stories, because as it stands, his character is as sand falling through the cracks in this plot.
Out of Books chapter 2 . 6/1/2014
That's a new one. I've never come across an interpretation where Joker wasn't immediately in control, but you allowed for some good back and forth. Let's see how long she can keep it up.
Out of Books chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Solid start, but I'm going to guess you hear that a lot. I'm interested to see how you reinvent Harley to fit into Nolan's universe. My only criticism would be Joker's thoughts on the news of Batman killing Harvey Dent. The idea of Joker feeling envious pegs him as simply suicidal. His reaction can still be as subtle but I would think he would either dismiss it as false or revel in it as he drove Dent to his breakdown thus still drove Batman to kill.
Small complaint though, and maybe you cover it in later chapters. Hell, I'm not going to mind reading more to find out.
Gothic-Angel342 chapter 14 . 4/6/2014
by the hyena cage I see what you did their
MistressPuppetShow chapter 3 . 2/20/2014
*Reading Crane and Joker part*...O.o? *Clear throats* BURN!
emmaleewhittaker chapter 21 . 11/3/2013
These last few chapters I just read like omg roller coaster of emotions
Crymonkai chapter 15 . 9/7/2013
The jokes dad did, that to him!?(pukes)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
If they had made a Harley Quinn and Joker movie-this would have been it!
snowbunnyhd chapter 26 . 6/11/2013
FINISH THIS FANFICTION
Jacky chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Been waiting for a writer like you to come along for quite awhile...
I wondered what really happened between these two in the asylum. The kid's shows don't leave room for any imagination...
If you can, get this published- the story is quite incredibly perfect. Bravo. Well done.
With all due respect,
J
P.S. I'll be waiting for more to come... The show must go on!
kctheartist chapter 10 . 3/11/2013
simply exciting!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Actually, i think that's his face. ._.
C.J. Selfridge chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This is one of the best stories I've ever read!