Reviews for Akanema! Magistra Akane Magi!
The Mad Librarian chapter 11 . 10/11/2014
I really love this fic! Every now and then I take it out to read again to cheer myself up. Not only is it an Negima crossover, which is really hard to do well, but it makes Ranma 1/2 half characters so funny and fleshed out. I really miss the early days of that series when there was an interesting plot progression instead of Status Quo is God. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. That fight was a big part of Evangeline's character development in the manga, I can't wait to see how the presence of Akane instead of Setsuna changes things!
HotaruSama00 chapter 11 . 1/23/2014
I like the story. I hope you decide to continue this eventually.
Crow667 chapter 8 . 11/19/2013
huh the springfield chronic hero syndrome attacks agains, is it really codified into their genes? cuz from what ive seen kouta has it too. heh update soon!
Guest chapter 11 . 9/21/2013
OUCH.
Netherwood chapter 11 . 7/28/2013
Fun read! Looking at the dates, I realize this fic is probably long dead, but I hope you get back to it sometime. I wanna see Akane vs Eva. :)
Less Wrong chapter 11 . 6/11/2013
I heart IQ upgrades. Will resume reading if you happen to pick this from among your many fics for additional writing!

...though, my fanon heart cries out at Ranma literally being taken out with just one punch. Having his ass handed to him in a humiliating fashion, sure, I can buy that, but you can't take out Ranma Saotome with just one punch. That is just not how the multiverse works, dammit!
theunhappytwins chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Okay, I suppose you speak of SyaoSaku?
And, if she thinks Negima is weird, I wonder how she feels about Pandora Hearts.
You know, the one with the giant killer rabbits who transform into cute girls.
ImTooLazyForThis chapter 11 . 9/7/2012
BULLSHIT! SERIOUS BULLSHIT! I expected better of you ShadowCrystalMage! Ranma would NOT lose in such a fasion! Okay, deep breaths, calm down and be rational. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, I really don't. I have read both Ranma 1/2 and MSN multiple times and therefore know that there is too much of a power difference for this to end this quickly. Yes Eva is a highly skilled martial artist who has lived for hundreds of years, but she is still currently stuck in the body of a 10 year old girl. No chi, no magic. Negima Ch 107 Eva specifically states that her current body is really only good against small fry and Setsuna should be able to handle her easily. Seeing the stuff Ranma goes through on a weekly basis I would like to think that he could at least handle someone of pre-magical-world Setsuna's level. I can accept that Ranma's guard was down and Eva managed to get in a cheap shot. I can accept that Ranma would go down like a sack of potatoes from that punch. But if Ranma does't get up and give Eva at least a halfway decent fight the I am gonna call Ranma-hater on you (you know, the same thing you claim a lot of Ranma 1/2 fans feel towards Akane). So please, at least rationalize why Ranma went down so quickly, even if it's something as stupid as saying "I'm the author, so if Akane gets a bunch of buffs Ranma gets a bunch of debuffs". Again, I don't want to be an annoying fanboy, but I do want to be an intellegent fan of both your work and the series involved here and am therefore pointing out what I feel is a gross mischaracterization.
MissGardenia chapter 6 . 3/21/2012
The Candy Boy cameo was cute, even if I don't think many people caught it.
BLHarrison chapter 11 . 10/31/2011
OK it's been a long time, but the Magical World Arc in the cannon manga is complete. Do you have any idea when you will advance this story (out of the horde you already have to work on)?
Krabkrab chapter 11 . 10/7/2011
...Well that was quick... But then this IS Kitty we're talking about.
Krabkrab chapter 10 . 10/7/2011
On the scale of things, Mana's probably closer to Badass Normal than Ku.

Hahahahaha- er yes. Normal... ~shifty eyed~.
tuatara chapter 11 . 8/25/2011
This story is immensely frustrating. Please allow me to explain why. On the one hand, it's extremely entertaining. But on the other hand, it is not especially successful as a crossover. It does not come close to doing justice to the Ranma component of the story. Every Neriman except Akane being beaten soundly? Ryouga knocked unconscious with his umbrella when he can endure being pounded with boulders? Ranma being knocked unconscious by a single hit, regardless of who threw the punch? Akane only winning becausr of things she'd learned at school, yet she's still vastly below basically anyone there? More to the point, everyone at Mahora being so much more amazing than everyone from Nerima, despite that eveyone from Nerima (including Akane!) is already decidedly superhuman? Okay.

But that's not even the main problem. The central issue is this: That is *not* Akane! Seriously, there is virtually nothing recognizable in her beyond the occasional flash of temper or impulse to find things perverted. Those two things alone amount to an extremely narrow and cliche definition of canon-Akane.

For all practical purposes, the lead of this story is an original character. The only way this could really work is if the reader got to see her progression as a character...which we do not. On top of not seeing her growth as the Great Detective Akane, which is tolerable, we don't even get to see her growth at Mahora. It is almost completely glossed over in favor of more random humor. Why should we care about this character who's basically an Akane In Name Only?

What bothers me most about that is the pronounced thread of canon-Akane-bashing that runs through the whole piece. It peaked with the "too egotisical to accept training" bit which I already addressed. That all gives me the impression of an author who *doesn't even like* the character they've chosen as the star of their story. Or rather, as the lead, since the "stars" are still clearly Negi and the entire Mahora contingent.

I can't even tell you how much I want to like this story. There are far too few tales of Akane actually growing as a person. Except this isn't Akane. Despite that, I guess I technically *do* like it...but not for the reason I hoped. I enjoy it because it's funny and thoroughly clever. But I *wanted* to love this unreservedly. Unfortunately, I've rarely had such a love-hate relationship with a piece of fanfiction.

All that said, I do hope that this story will be continued. I'll just try to pretend these are characters with the same names as and broad similarities to Ranma characters. I'm truly sorry to say I can't totally get behind this piece, but I still look forward to seeing more of it.

Thanks, and...sorry.
tuatara chapter 10 . 8/24/2011
Continuity p roblem: Akane being in year 3 doesn't make sense if it's before the end of the series, because at the end they're still second-years and Nabiki and Kuno haven't graduated yet.
tuatara chapter 9 . 8/24/2011
On what basis do you claim that Akane is too egotistical to accept training? There is precisely nothing in canon to support that notion. You know, I have quite a bit to say on "Akane" in this story, though I was planning to wait until I'd read every chapter. But that assertion was just too specious and unfounded that I had to comment immediately.