Reviews for Akanema! Magistra Akane Magi!
tuatara chapter 7 . 8/23/2011
How are two movies starring Cate Blanchett released nine years apart about different periods in Elizabeth's life redundant?
mat chapter 11 . 7/16/2011
I know evangeline is badass but that broke Suspense of disbelief. Evangeline is sealed right now and an akijutsu user. Ranma is explicitly hypersonic from chestnut fist on and has tanked blow from that depleted uranium umbrella. I am not saying he should have won by any means. But it should have been at least slightly epic balls to the wall fight from ranma side and fighting particularly persistent cocraoch from eva but a one shot? that seems to go against your statement to fairly represent EVERYONE as more than what they are in fanon.
dadddf chapter 6 . 7/16/2011
That boy thing makes no sense at all with the amount of martial artist ki users who are very familiar with he r aura and gate and tone of voice. Then there is cologne who should know. Also Ranma has lived with her for a good deal of time. that breaks SOD horribly without magic hax.
chaosglory626 chapter 11 . 6/26/2011
Oh Ranma, when will you learn not to let your guard down around girls. Had anyone bothered to warn him that Eva-chan is Badass Adorable and a Cute Bruiser than she actually would have had to try to beat him. Well this is yet another story of yours that I really like. I have more of your stories in my favorites than I do for any other author. At this point it doesn't really matter what you update, odds are I will want to read it. I look forward to more of you amazing work.
chaosglory626 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Detective mode Akane is really interesting, I was disappointed before when her story was so short. I really like Awesomeness by Analysis. I am looking forward to how she pegs everyone in class. And now that Soun mentions it, Ranma would probably have a pretty awesome pactio. Maybe he'd get some super adaptable prop that is used for Martial Arts and Crafts.
Michael chapter 11 . 6/22/2011
I was just rereading the story and had a good time with it. While I try not to do "When is the next chapter?" to people, I am hoping this review gives it a poke. I really want to read the Akane VS Evangeline. Even if Akane loses, I am sure she will be able to show Ranma how she can stand fight him and the others from Nerima.
Mike chapter 11 . 12/26/2010
Adding a review to show I enjoy reading thie store and encouraging you to write more
anime shadow alpha chapter 11 . 12/15/2010
Great story so far. While the Ranma/Eva fight dissapointed me a little, I suppose it's ok so long as his reaction is handled correctly, though given Eva was sealed, I don't think she should have been capable of one-hit ko'ing Ranma. Win the match, yes, but maybe after a few more attacks.

Any way, in general it's a good story, though be careful how you handle Akane learning new techniques, just don't go too far. Hope to see an update soon.
Sunder the Gold chapter 11 . 9/15/2010
Praise or criticism first?

I'm enjoying this story very much, like all the rest of your work. I'm bitterly disappointed to have to come to the last current chapter, just as I was each time before.

However, funny as it was, as inevitable as the outcome was, I simply do not think Eva should have been able to defeat Ranma with JUST a single punch. Her strength is only that of a middle school girl right then, and no one mentions her using Chi (which she never seems to use, even when using magic requires potions to catalyze the spells). Ranma's taken multiple direct hits from Ryouga and Herb without losing the fight, and they DEFINITELY aren't limited to the strength of middle school girls!

I was looking forward to Ku:nel and Eva needing to reveal the gravity spells and wires sooner than before. I didn't doubt that they'd WIN, but I didn't expect them to win effortlessly.

Is Ryouga less dangerous than Kotarou (who was NOT defeated in one hit!)? Is Ranma less capable than Setsuna?

Why assume that Ranma was no better than that 3D Jujutsu guy? The elimination rounds weren't THAT strenuous if you managed to avoid the Eliminators like Takahata. I mean, Takane and Mei got in without using their blatant magics, and without that they wouldn't amount to much.

I'm going to ignore these dismissals and focus on the rest of the story, which is good enough to warrant it. But I'm going to hope I find a Negima/Ranma crosover that doesn't dismiss Ranma and Ryouga.

Oh, and is this the same Akane that was willing to die to save Ranma at Phoenix Mountain? Well, I doubt she would have been so willing to leave him behind and go to Mahora if she was.
shanejayell chapter 11 . 9/5/2010
*claps*

I have some issues with 'Detective Akane' but it's still a good fic! More!
Xin chapter 11 . 8/29/2010
Shouldn't Akane's next fight be against Negi, going by how the tournament was structured in canon?
Fionn the Otaku chapter 11 . 8/26/2010
This chapter starts well but dosent end very well, I like Takane's monolog and how Akane almost beat Takane as well as Akane's cooment about dirty, underhanded tricks being what practitioners of Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu do. Another good part is the mention of the 'Chamo steals panties' and Akane's looseing her temper with Shampoo. I also like the trouble Ranma's over enthusiastic comment brought him.

That said there is no way Eva has the power at this point to knock out Ranma with one hit, leave him briefly stunned by getting hit hard by a little girl yes. But not knocked out.

Suggestions: Ranma quickly recovers from his suprise and Eva's punch, Ranma's final act during his fight with Eva is to attempt a perfect Shishi Houkou Dan, Ranma's abilities as a martial artist get Eva's attention and she decieds she wants him as her apprentise, Eva ends her match with Ranma by throwing him into the moat, Ranma ends up not being particularly upset about about his defeat since he convinces him self that she's actualy as old as Cologne and just useing a Jusenkyo curse or something disguse her self as a young girl,
Anon chapter 11 . 8/15/2010
Just found this fic, but I have to say: I'm loving it. As expected from your other works, you really write well.

I have to say, i was a bit disappointed in the Eva/Ranma fight. Forgive me if I missed something you wrote, but shouldn't she not have access to her full powers right now? So she shouldn't have been able to beat Ranma so easily. I wonder what his reaction will be? Either furiously train a lot and challenge her again, or beg for training. Well, this is an Akane fic, so you probably won't bring it up.

Well, I'm loving this fic so far, keep up the great work.
OBSERVER01 chapter 11 . 8/14/2010
that was evil
Zakath1 chapter 11 . 8/14/2010
Well...this wasn't what I was really expecting but ok. I thought that the Akane/Takane fight was ok but I was particularly disappointed in the one hit KO that happened in the Eva/Ranma fight. While I guess some people might have found it funny, I have to confess that I didn't. The whole 'wtf how did that happen?' surprise aspect of Eva beating Ranma (thus much of the hilarity) was in my opinion greatly diluted by you constantly alluding to the fact that Eva would win so in the end we all knew this kind of thing would happen and thus it wasn't as funny as it should have been.

But while my inner Ranma fanboy is screaming for me to jump through my computer and strangle you I actually have to say that having Ranma defeated in the way that he was gives you a rare opportunity for some character development. I'm thinking that getting one hit KO'ed by a little girl has to burn his pride no matter how you look at it and I'm thinking that you should use this to your advantage. Let it eat away at him until he shuns his family and leaves to train or something and have him get picked up by Fate this could let you make an Evil Ranma to be one of the bad guys at the end of the story. Because I mean seriously how often do we get to see Ranma as the bad guy? Almost never. Plus final fight Evil!Ranma vs. Akane would be pretty badass to read.

So keep up the good work and try not to project so far in advance whats going to happen. A little surprise goes a long way. Feel free to use my suggestion if you want I think that having Ranma as Akane's final boss would be pretty cool indeed.
136 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »