Reviews for Akanema! Magistra Akane Magi!
For Spite chapter 11 . 8/13/2010
Hm... What to say other than how perfect this is, especially Ranma vs Eva. Way too many people forget he's not invincible and just how many fights he either lost or won through luck in canon. Besides, it's funny.

I suppose I should read your Nanoha/Green Lantern story (because what Nanoha really needs is more power).

Takane always struck me as basically competent but highly unlucky and overconfident so this outcome isn't too bad. I suspect her shadow magic is weak against light, since it's theme appropriate and supposed to be a great defense but falls to modified Arrows of Light and Lasers. For that matter, I don't think there's any way Akane could win without 'cheap tricks' though really they seemed fair to me- if your opponent can't spot a feint or have ready counters for flaws in their techniques, that's their fault. I suppose she could always discover a rage powered chi-blast (and the fact she hasn't thought of that on her own shows she still has a ways to go when it comes to special techniques as I note that all of hers are derivative except possibly Blinding Splinters Attack, which is better than her previous state of none at all but appropriately not on a Negi or Ranma level).

Losing her temper with Shampoo seemed a very 'Akane' thing to do so it's good in some respects to see she hasn't completely changed off-camera.
Zinkae chapter 11 . 8/11/2010
you are great at this

but don't you think you underestimated ranma

surely he wouldn't pass out from a single punch

a fight between eva and ranma should at least last a minute

he shouldn't just go done like her canon opponent

despite all that it's a great story

keep it up :-)
GeshronTyler chapter 11 . 8/10/2010
Alright! Akane kicks but, and nearly goes postal! Yeah, well, didn't expect Ranma's fight to go any better. Evangeline must be really distracted, or in a good mood. She didn't put him through all kinds of agony before humiliating him completely. Wait, what? Ranma just had his fight. Did mean Negi/Akane?

Thanks, read you next time.
Fanityfan chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Nice chapter!

Eva vs. Ranma wasn't as good as I would've liked, but the main character of the story IS Akane, and the one-shot-KO was pretty funny, so I guess it's all good.

Akane's fight was well written, but I feel Takane should've somehow ended up like she usually does after a fight :P

Next chapter I want Cologne to recover from her fear induced coma and freak the hell out when Eva comes to casually chat with the group :)

If you want to justify Ranma not challenging Eva to a rematch he could categorize her as over Cologne and Happi's level, because he doesn't keep challenging them either.

I'm really looking forward to more!

Thanks a lot for writing this!
Chikubi chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
. First off I loved the akane/takane fight, really well done. secondly, what exactly did Eva do? Was it a low blow using wires to hold him in place? I'm looking forward to the next chapter to hear how someone who couldn't even knock out setsuna in one blow, did it to ranma.
lord Martiya chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Well, Ranma's defeat WAS funny, for Akane... Now, I wonder: given that Evangeline goes that bad only in self defence, what the Joketsuzoku did in Cologne's childhood?
The Wandering Soul of 1014 chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was worth the wait!

Don't wait as long as you did next time, though. I was starting to get concerned.

Somehow, I see Eva playing with Akane, giving her a chance to show off more, before eventually getting clobbered. I'd use a minor Spell of Mass Destruction to show the others what their friend/rival is up against, though.

Still, I can also see Eva giving up because she's bored, and she thinks that Akane might learn a few things from Negi on the field, as well as vice versa.

Happy writing, and update soon!
Aunonymous chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Good chapter. Very well written. I'm not sure how I feel about Ranma being defeated that easily, although I guess it depends on where in the series this takes place... I will point out that now, a cannon Ranma is going to do one of two things- Either train insanely in the woods so he can come back and challenge Evangeline to a rematch, or beg her on hands and knees to train him. Of course, as this is an Akane centered fic, you're probably going to ignore Ranma's personality and give him an OOC moment where he runs away like a scared puppy with his tail between his legs. I suppose I can live with that so long as it's an offscreen moment.

I will point out that Ranma is a better fighter then Akane, especially when it comes to dirty tricks. You've given her some decent powerups in this fic, so I'd say she's about the level Ryoga was at after he learned the Shishi Houkodan, but I doubt that'd be enough to win. Of course, she knows more about Evangeline's fighting style, so she'll probably last a little longer then Ranma.
jgkitarel chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Akane's improved, more from learning some hard lessons, and then Eva's training. Needless to say, Ranma got just what he deserved.
Wonderbee31 chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
About what I expected for Eva to do to Ranma there, though loved all the variations on Holy **** there, with Kasumi's the funniest imo. Glad to see Akane use her head some more, though it looks like Shampoo still knows how to push her buttons but good.
Ryuus2 chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Even if it wasn't an incredible bout of epicness it was still a good fight. I couldn't help but feel I was reading an excerpt from the Dresden Files the entire time. I've even been deepening Akane's voice when I read this and have to fight myself not to just overscore her voice with Harry's.

I really wanted to see a more epic defeat of Ranma, but then again I like the guy. I can't help but admit that his defeat came true to proper form and just felt...right.

I don't think any of my SI OC's would ever concede to fighting Evangeline. They'd get in the ring before forfeiting sure, but only my God!SI and Four-Tailed-Host!SI could really fight her. Maybe a few of my more draconic derivatives could take her loli form on, but even then...

Evangeline's evil is so pervasive, even people in other universes react sympathetically to her victims.

Keep up the incredible work!
Rc1212 chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
HAHAHahahahahh, that was even better than I thought it would be! "Evangeline blinked, and looked down at the boy passed out on her fist. "Oh, sorry. I was lost in thought…"

AHHAHHAHHAHAhahhahhha! That was great! Keep up the awesome work, looking forward to more! Can't wait to the next match!
MWkillkenny84 chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
She's Evangeline, she's scary, and ALL her first tournament opponents become "One Shot Nii-chan", even if the opponent was Chuck Norris!

Good match between Takane and Akane.

Shampoo, do you know HOW MUCH you risk if you attack Akane NOW?

Negi go Papa Wolf on you, and you're history, the same as the Hentai Orde against Saffron.

Vote: 10
Fionn the Otaku chapter 10 . 7/7/2010
Another terrific chapter, I like Ranma's reaction to how Takamichi curb Stomped Negi and Akane's mocking of Cologne. Another good part Cologne's internal monolog and every one from Nerima's reactions to Setsuna's fight with Asuna, especialy Akane's out burst. I also like how Akane began her fight with Takane and how Takane quickly began to dominate the fight.

Suggestions: Some shouted words of encouragement and advice from Ranma help Akane make a come back allowing her to come close to winning, Akane manages a decent Shishi Houkou Dan, Ranma's advice and encouragement result is Akane malleting Takane as well as her creating a Anger/Rage powered Ki attact based on the Shishi Houkou Dan, Akane loses by being knocked in to the water surrounding the ring which reveals that she still can't swim (at least not well enough to save her self while punch drunk) and causeing Ranma to dive in to save her, Negi ends up being very impressed by Ranma's skills and wanting to learn from him (the Amaguriken and Hiryu Shouten Ha would fit Negi's fighting style pretty well),

P.S. Pleae make this post Herb/Musk dynasty because the Hiryu Korin Dan is just pure frigging awsome!
OBSERVER01 chapter 10 . 7/6/2010
interesting fic.i 'll come out and say right now that normally i loathe akane but you actually made her likable for me.i know that ranma is gonna lose to eva(my fave character in negima)but at the very least could he give eva a hard time before he gets ?
136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »