Reviews for Akanema! Magistra Akane Magi!
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 1/20/2010
Heh, that was a neat take on the Eva start there, and will be curious how much more Akane is going to get involved, and will she enter a pactio sooner or later?
Sorakage Sama chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
Well, I have to say I'm curious about if and How Akane's going to be introduced to the magical world. And that mention of Dani Phantom was pretty interesting. Are you going to make this a triple cross?

And finally: is Akane going to get a Pactio?

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama

p.S. Great chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next.
GeshronTyler chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
W00t! Akane centric fic with personality makeover! A good point of this story is the effort it takes Akane to apply the lessons she learned from Holmes. Of course, since magic and the supernatural is a part of this new enviroment she's experiencing, it's going to be a bit trickier to figure out what's what. I'm curious as to how long it will take before Akane figures out that Evangeline is a Vampire, a _very_ powerful entity in fact. She'll no doubt catch on fairly quickly to the oddities surrounding the "White Wings" though.

Enjoyed the chapter, read you next time.
Rc1212 chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
This is new. Akane doesn't get enough love in fanfiction. Great story and keep up the awesome work! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Fionn the Otaku chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
A good second chapter, I like Akane's thought and observations while on the train. Another good part is Akane's thoughts on Chachamaru and her intense quentioning of Negi about his age. I also like Akane's internal debate over the question of Makie's vampire bite being real.

Still i feel this could be a better fic if it took place after the Negima manga since class 3-A are third year middle school stdents while Akane is in her first or second year of high school.

Suggestions: Akane deduces that Asuna and Negi are closly related (but no one belives her), Haruna "paru" Saotome is a cousin of Ranma's (but only a second cousin at most), Akane's useing her fiancé as a point of reference for bust size is a sign she misses him, Ranma sneaks into Mahora to visit Akane before the week is over,
Fionn the Otaku chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This is a good fic off to a great start! Akane's "power up" make sense but at the same time is dosen't, that is a martial artist of Akane's level should have some of the kind of super detective awareness/perception you have given her but at the same time Akane dosen't realize that Ryoga is P-chan, Still it's a lot better than the power ups Ranma is often given. I really like Akane's question about Negi being some one's brother and that rurmors of Akane had reached Mahora. Another good part is Akane's letter home. I also like Soun's thoughts at the end of this chapter.
lord Martiya chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
So, Akane has found how weird the place is. And for the tartan thing, don't worry, it was just something Evangeline could pull if she was in the mood of pissing off somebody with a not-regular skirt and get away with a cultural expression: tartans started to be associated with Scottish clan only in 19th century, well after she was vampirized. On the same thing she could even wear the Royal Stewart as British citizen, as it's the Royal Family tartan, or have her own personal tartan...
HolyKnight5 chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
Chisame/Akane...sounds nice. Akane would act like her "Therapeutic Ego Deflation" companion, and also it would help her to gain a better self-esteem on the real world...
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
Interesting, and will be looking forward to what role Akane will play in the great Mahora sandbox.
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
well seeing as we cant ask for Ranma can I still ask for Conan-kun?

Interesting xover. Still kinda wary about it but so far good plot idea, interesting background and characters. I'll keep an open mind and eyes.
Rubel chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
hmm. Interesting. It's not often I see an Akane centric story. How will she deal with Negi's unintentional perversion?
Bob the Almighty chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I like this so far. It *is* nice to see a Ranma fic that is centered on another character- I hadn't realized it but it *has* been a long long time since I last saw one. It isn't just the Ranmaverse either though, it's difficult to find fics focused on non-main characters in a lot of fandoms. The only exceptions seem to be certain ensemble series where the supporting characters are as or more popular than the main character.
DrTempo chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I liked "Tendo Akane, Maser Detective," and I can consider this its spiritual successor. Welcome back to active writing, man!
For Spite chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Hm... So far, this is an innovative idea with a decent style of writing. The personality changes are, as you say, much less than a lot of other fics (though those fics are generally the ones that bother me) but they do feel a little rushed in summation.

If lesbians bother Akane, I do wonder how she's going to deal with all that Setsuna/Konoka subtext, but her tendency to go off about people being perverted is definitely canon- though she tends to focus on boys (on the one hand the internal monologue with her barely raining herself in shows her character pretty nicely; on the other Ranma was the one who called Tsukasa a pervert when everyone thought he was a lesbian, though that might have just been his tendency to insult people who call him ugly, Akane just said it was 'weird').

Anyway, I love seeing minor characters get attention, especially when it's as well-written as this seems. Akane doesn't really count as a minor character (not like say Kodachi or Herb or Pantyhose Tarou), but she doesn't get individual fanfic attention much.

I'd love to see more.

Let me apologize for the rambling. I need to write reviews on more than two hours of sleep it seems.
Faria Lyton chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Despite being a fan of Ranma (and Ranma fanfiction) I have to say you're right, Ranma does seem to always get handed disproportionate boosts in intelligence and strength, so it's nice to see someone else getting the boosts. That said, I'm kind of hoping to see Akane mallet Negi...
136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »