Reviews for Holding Circles
Garadriel chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
awww... so sad :(
Youko-Kali chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Wow... Just... Wow. This story is simply amazing. The ending was so heartbreaking and I found myself so sad that neither Simon nor Zeliek were able to be saved in the end. It was sweet how in the end Zeliek fought back the pressure of the scourge and his own sense of betrayal to try and protect Simon in death anyway. This is a favorite for sure. It's rare that I take such a liking to stories around my favorite characters, but you definitely take the cake in the Zeliek department. That was truly stunning.

It's funny that I actually too began to miss Mograine simply from the other characters lamenting his missing presence.
Chrosis chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Great story. I love Sir Zeliek as a character and I love his contradictions. Its just a shame there isn't more lore surrounding the four horsemen, the Highlord excluded. I think you did an excellent job at really fleshing out these characters from their combined 15 lines of dialogue. like, 8 if you count only Zeliek and Blameux or however you spell her name. I wouldn't mind you writing another fic starring Sir Zeliek, but I wouldn't be surprised if you found there wasn't really much material to work with. Either way, the story was favorited. Great job.
LittleFireDragon chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
This was extremely well written. Zeliek is one of my favorite characters and the way you portrayed him is quite interesting - a fuzzy line between him and the influence of the Scourge, rather than a sharp distinction between the two parts.

The ending was very sad and almost brought me to tears (alright, so that's not much of a feat, since I cry at sad things pretty easily). I also found the interaction between Blaumeux and Zeliek interesting - couldn't help but wonder if there was some kind of pseudoromantic subtext there, but it was very hard to tell. Even so I liked the interaction, which says something considering that I usually think of Zeliek as absolutely hating Blaumeux.

Very, very well written story. Favorited! :)
mirari1 chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
This is really gorgeous! Tons of atmosphere, and it's cool to get a glimpse into the day to day life of the Scourge. I thought all your characters, canon and original, had wonderful depth, and the ending was absolutely heartbreaking. Seriously, I actually got a little choked up. I usually consider myself a pretty jaded cookie, too, but something about both Simon and Sir Zeliek's courage in the face of hopelessness just got me. Hah. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing, I hope you do more of these!
PingZing chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I adore stories where minor characters are given the spotlight. The Horsemen are the perfect candidates. They have just enough backstory to allow details to be filled in and give them character.

Your dialogue was excellent, as was your portrayal of the various inhabitants of Naxxramas. I loved how humdrum it seemed-evil incarnate force of undead or not, it still has its inter-office politics and petty squabbles.

And I don't know if the "Hold the circle" line is canon or not, but if it isn't, it should be. Never will I look at Consecration in quite the same way. The passage where you introduce the concept of holding the circle is fantastic.

I wish I could find something to criticise, if only to do you the justice of delivering a well-rounded review, but I honestly cannot. A fantastic job.
Apo chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
I adored that. The emotions you captured and the way you made them seem... Real; it was refreshing. Thanks for writing this.
Sygnya chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Beautiful. I'm at work now, no time for an in-depth review, but just wanted to let you know I found this story very well written and touching.