Reviews for Boaz and Ruth
Guest chapter 4 . 8/7/2014
Wonderfully done. Thank you for being so true to the story!
MartyAnn2004 chapter 4 . 7/6/2014
I love it! Ruth is my favorite book in the Bible and you did a beautiful job with this piece! Love, love, love it!

-Marty :)
Lisa Cooper chapter 4 . 1/26/2014
You translated Ruth's story into modern English very nicely. You translated Ruth's feelings from cultures foreign to this American female. Thank you. Thank you for writing a good story too. Lisa C.
firevolcano93 chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
i love this story. May the lord bless you for your awesome creativity.
Rishie chapter 4 . 9/6/2013
O, I love it! Ruth is one of my favourite stoies in the bible. Your story is well written and very enjoyable. god bless you.
I-am-a-Firefly chapter 4 . 5/27/2012
Very good. You told Ruth's story well.
yunabesaid chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
WOW!...Wow! That was...awesome! You did a really good job! I have though about writing a fanfic about Ruth and Boaz, I always thought that the Bible left a lot to be desired when it comes to romantic teenage girls, looking for a pure, Godly romance. This kept very well to the true story, though you added just enough to make it so much more personal, instead of just an accounting of history about how David's ancestry was. I am really impressed,especially with the last part of the whole story:

Obed would one day grow up to become grandfather to King David, and later, through his line-and mine-would come Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son who would save the world and set up a kingdom even to time indefinite.

Just really great! God has blessed you with a talent.

May God bless and guide your life, don't ever let go of Him, and He won't ever let go of you-I know this, from experience. When things get tough, I like to listen to the song, Stronger, by Mandisa. It's great.

TidusxYuna Always

(I always sign that, no matter what story.)
Child of the True King chapter 4 . 11/5/2011

I read the story of Ruth, Naomi and Boaz today at church and I thought it would be quite an interesting subject for someone to write about on fanfiction, so I looked it up, and yours was the only one there!

Your story was quite amazing by the way, it's well written and realistic and I'm very glad it pretty much sticks to what the bible says.

I also noticed the lack of explanation for why Ruth's old husband and his brother died, and I realised the bible didn't really give an explanation for it, so I'm glad you didn't decide to make up your own theory on that - sticking to bible facts is always best.

By the way, I'm curious, do you actually believe what you're writing about? That there is a God who loves us and sent his son to save us?

I'm asking because I noticed, everytime you mentioned God, you always used a small g.

Nightcrawlerlover chapter 4 . 8/21/2011
Such a beautiful story! :) It's so bittersweet, and I'm glad things turned out fine for both Naomi and Ruth in the end, too.

Keep up your super-neat, very beautiful and creative writing! :)
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I like this story so far. :) I especially like this part (because even though it's quoted in weddings, Ruth was speaking to Naomi when she said them):

"Do not plead with me to abandon you, to turn back from accompanying you; for where you go I shall go, and where you spend the night I shall spend the night. Your people will be my people, and your god my god. Where you die I shall die, and that is where I will be buried. May Jehovah do so to me and add to it if anything but death should make a separation between me and you."

Ruth made the right decision, and I'm so proud of her.

Keep up your super-neat, very brilliant and creative writing! :)
Puritina chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
Perfect ending for this. I really enjoyed reading this story.

Puritina chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
Again a really good chapter. It's weird in the Bible how they love their relatives and stuff. But in a way, everyone's related so I guess it's not too weird. Great job!

Puritina chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
Now I am starting to remember this story. This was excellent. Great job!
Puritina chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This was really good. I don't know that much about these people from the Bible, I need to read a little more but this was very well written and I would be happy to read more.
Loverly Souris chapter 4 . 7/2/2011
Hi there!

I have to say that I am touched. Really-really moved. The Book of Ruth has always been my favourite book from the Old Testament and I often think about the story, trying to figure out parts that the Bible doesn't say, feelings and side-stories and such. Though none of my versions turned out to be this good.

Your story is beautifully written from the point of view of Ruth, her emotions are accurate and pure. I could totally relate to her character. Plus I really appreciate your attention to details, for example picturing Boaz as an older middle-aged man instead of a young guy I imagined him when I was younger. :)

Until now, I was cautious with Bible fanfictions, but your story showed me that there are gemstones that worth reading.

Thank you so much.