Reviews for No Happy Ending
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
This is so pretty... *tears*
PcgeekmanMC chapter 1 . 6/18/2015
I don't know if anyone will agree with me or is this sounds really messed up but this seems like a proper end for a hero. They won't see him for who he is, rather they will see him for what he is, and they also won't see him and think of what his future will hold but instead think of what he did in that past. He will never be able to live a normal life again. It feels proper for him to kill himself to end his suffering when he has nothing left to live for.

Great story and sorry last time I read this story I didn't have an acount so I couldn't review the story properly. This was even better the second time.

Well have a great day, and as always, stay awesome.

(PS) Sorry for rambling on so much.

~Joseph (pcgeekmanMC)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Nothing like such a magnificently sad story to make me feel depressed. This story was amazing as much as it was touching.
Silverliege chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
I made an account just so I could favorite this story. Not even joking. I love how you showed the emptiness that would follow something as huge as saving the world. It's incredible.
hero's shadow chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
i loved it. you showed what happens to a person who loses everything. Bravo.
bri-notthecheese chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
That was brilliant! Your writing is incredibly smooth and because it flows so well, it's just easier to read. I love your take on this-taking something that seems happy on the inside, but revealing the darkness and reality within. Well done!
PS chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
OMG... That was brilliant, amazing...Bravo...loved it
Heartless demon wolf chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
This story...is very, very well written, the way you made Link seem like he lost EVERYTHING (which he really did) is amazing, you look into the depth of taking your own life in a way that I never seen a human do. With logic. I love the pair of imp Minda and Link I'm really glad that we as FanFiction writiers and readers (also known as author friends) have such an icerabile writer such as yuorself, I really hope you keep writing more of Minda and Link (maybe her in imp form if you please) if you need any help, ideas or advice, I got your back, may the greek gods be with you, peace bro.
Milinkfan89 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
i like it! update soon
Thumana chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I don't think it would be possible to write something like this if you hadn't experienced depression. It certainly conveys the sense that any joy to be found in life is ephemeral, but the sorrows accumulate. And so, in its own framework, it makes perfect sense. Link has experienced loss after loss. He's lost his old life: he can never go back to how he was. He's lost his loved one, Midna. He's lost his purpose in life, because his world is safe now. He's even lost himself, as he now looks at his own actions with distaste and doesn't recognise himself any more. Makes perfect sense that he wouldn't want to live any more.

You write about cutting to release the pain like someone who has been there and you clearly depict the seductiveness of the act (like an addiction) and the ease of taking that extra step, into the (hopefully) peaceful embrace of death.

When someone suicides, you'll often hear people talking in the media about the importance of recognising depression and suicidality. The implication, of course, being that then it would somehow be possible to help the person and stop the suicide from happening. Which seems to me unrealistic. So I like your depiction of Zelda here. She understood what he was going through, and she couldn't fix it. She can only grieve for him, and hope he's found the peace he sought.

"Mummy, when is Link coming home?" finishes the whole off brilliantly.
ganonfan99 too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I have to admit, that was a beautifuly vivid fanfic. I loved the comparison of his blood to her eyes, it really struck home with me. What really needs to be said for the realism expressed in this story, I cannot put into words. I can say, though, that it is an entirely viable idea that Link would be depressed enough to take his own life after Midna broke the mirror. The only part that I didn't like was Colin getting the triforce of courage. I'm not stingy, I just think of the idea of him being next in line for the triforce to be absursly predictable. I like the idea of Link finaly finding peace, even in death. I also have some thick animosity built up toward the villagers for reasons you will never understand ;) . Overall, well written and acceptably emo.
midnarocks chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Loved it. It's so well-written, and you can really feel Link's emotions when you read it. Oh, and the thing with Colin is just plain brilliant. Also I love how you don't really use Midna's name, in this and the beginning of Heroes. Gah, loved your story.
Bilbo chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Uh oh, poor Colin! haha, good story.
Ron Obvious chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Pretty cowardly thing to do, really. Surely it would occur to him that what Midna did is a gift? Of course it's very sad that she's gone and her solution might have been too extreme but I really believe Link would be able to take what she did for what it is, protecting his entire world from what hers can do to it. She wasn't using or discarding him in any way at the end, he would know that, and while he could well be strongly affected and always miss her, I don't think his ability to feel any happiness whatsoever will be solely dependent on whether she's there or not.

I'm not trying to flame you or be mean-spirited about anything, but I think I make a valid point . . .
FORKS chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
WHA NO! lINKY! COLIN DONT DESERVE TO DIE, TO!WHA!I SAD NOW! DEPRESSING STORY, BUT I LOVE IT!WHA! IM REALLY CRYING!