Reviews for A Phantom Gaze
Neofeliss chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Finally sat myself down to read this, and boy, am I glad I did.

You definately got Erik's character down perfectly, or at least, the Erik from the musical version. I also tried reading the original book, but compared to the musical, it wasn't really as interesting, in my opinion. The music made the story for me. But enough rambling.

Really, really brilliant writing. It thrills me to see you forray out of the world of anime and into the world of popular literature and musicals. And this was an excellent way to start off! :D

((I'd go so far as to say your Erik frightened me a bit. Had an unsettling conversation with a gent who shared the same sentiments about living off of fear and hate, but anyways, it was very, very creepy. Creepily awesome, but creepy. Which is probably what you were going for. ;D))

I also like how you've introduced Christine as merely a voice, not a person yet. It proves that Erik fell for her inner beauty, not outer. And double brownie points for ragging on Carlotta, the stuck-up snob. XDD

Excellent! I look forward to the next chapter. :)
PHLover213 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
that was actually believable; i was drawn in to it. you embodied erik well. :D
LizzieAkin chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I love how you started this off. You are continuing it arent you? I think you captured Erik perfectly. Great job!
AliquisAnonymum chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Great characterisation of your Erik. You really gave us that "ghostly" feel to Erik's character. He doesn't seem like an overly Romanticized Erik nor does he seem too insane. I prefer Erik to be pretty insane, but I still liked this piece.

I immensely enjoy your writing style. It gives the reader a clear picture without delving too deeply into flowery prose.

For example: "I left my seat in box five, my movements rapid but as subtle as a change in the wind."

Excellent use of metaphors and imagery. I've read many that seem to force images and ideas onto readers, but your style just lays the setting out so gracefully and casually.

I really can't wait to read more of this Erik!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I love the language you use in this story and some of the sentences paint beautiful pictures. The style of this story is very unique and distinct to the phantom and that is possibly what I love most about it. :) Great job on characterization, on the language, and of course, on the idea! I look forward to future chapters and I can't wait until the Phantom "meets" Christine.