Reviews for KalEl Potter
Eros-Blane chapter 4 . 13h
Cool story. How about a prank that turns every one's hair into another house's colors.
Eliana34 chapter 2 . 3/6
A quoi cela sert que tu lui donne tous les pouvoirs de Clark si il se laisse toujours traiter comme de la merde? Un bon coup de poing dans la face de son oncle et il aurait plus eu de problème. Surtout que tu dis qu'il est soit disant intelligent mais il n'a jamais vérifié si les orphelinats était aussi terrible que ses parents lui disait...un peu crédule ton Harry pour un génie!
peter.obrian1 chapter 4 . 4/25/2014
Your story is interesting i hope to see it updated but as the last update was in 2010 i don't think it will happen and that makes me sad as i liked reading this story
Crackinmywall chapter 4 . 11/9/2013
I LOVE THIS.
why haven't you updated in so long?!
You're a brilliant writer!
Heroofthe13thDay chapter 4 . 9/6/2013
Love your story! Not sure if you still read reviews after 3 years but it really is good! It reminds me of ANOTHER story where Harry liked to read and Tonks appeared. But it was different cause he hadnt any special powers except doing wandless magic. Also, not a fan of Ron? The good thing is that the twins appear!And I love the Ravenclaws dormitory! It seems like your story gets a little far away from the canon story but then manages to come back in a much nicer way.
Aire5 chapter 2 . 8/6/2013
Fun read
MzBellezza chapter 3 . 3/22/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Eagle-Black chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
I was enjoying the story, it was an interesting take, but after Hermione got sorted in to Ravenclaw I had to stop. Changing one thing can change a story completely. But just because Harry met her and sat with her one the train, that doesn't mean she changes houses from the cannon.

It would have been nice to see a less mature Harry as of the things he did in the first chapters didn't make since for a eleven year old to do, especially if he doesn't do anything about his living arrangements. While yes many adults are not as mature as a some childern, your Harry was overly mature to me.

Having him be able to change his shape at will, not something i remember the cannon harry, or Clark being able to do. But I looked past it, sort of...okay I cringed a lot.

Merging the two characters togethere was interesting, but I think you jumped to far and didn't see where you were going.

I could go on and on about things that I believe you didn't think about when crafting your Harry, but I won't. If you wan to hear it you can ask.

Otherwise, while there were cringe worthy things for me I did make it through the first couple chapters and I will end this with one last advise.

Are you writting what you would do because you know what will happen, or are you writing what your character will do in that moment? To be it seems the first one rather than the latter.
The Mad Mad Reviewer chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
I've read some of this, there's a few things I want to say, and sadly, I didn't make it all the way through ch2.

First and foremost, the first chapter reads more like a thought experiment than a story, at least as far as I read. One thing you need to cover, is that in canon, Harry never really realized he could teleport, or change his shape, but he does here and rather easily. Why? Give a reason for this, whether blatant or hidden subtly, rather than just doing it. A good example for that is Brutal Harry by Lordsfire. Be warned, it's a bit on the nasty side in the first chapter, but it definitely gives a good example.

Next, there's the old rule of "If you give Frodo Jedi powers, you have to give Sauron the Death Star." Mind you, in this case, I suppose it's "If you give Harry Potter Super-powers, you have to make Voldemort into Lex Luthor." Except that analogy breaks down pretty quickly, because Voldemort does have rather large bank accounts at his disposal.

Examples: In Something Wicked, Etna has made sure that Harry won't go the martyr route. Which means the fight's in hard mode. Harry has to walk into a slug match with Voldemort, rather than cheat his way out thanks to the Elder Wand.

In Jamie Evans, Harry is a badass, super-powerful wizard with ancient knowledge and a massive spell repertoire. So she doesn't actually get into any fights, and has to deal with people/family problems... at least until the End-of-Year surprise.

Elsewhere/Elsewhen, I didn't give Harry anything. In fact, the one thing I did give him, his animagus transformation, he isn't going to willingly use. Why? He's not that type of person.

I don't know how much thought you put into that, but it's something important to definitely think about.
Rinka chapter 3 . 11/19/2011
I know you have not updated this story for a long time now and that usually means that the author is not going to finish it but I could not contain myself and had to write this review.

I think the idea behind the story was a good one but it could use some changes. Please remember I am not flaming you; this is helpful criticism.

I found your characters to be a bit flat. It seems to me that you had this great character in mind that did not fit really with the story line.

Your Harry Potter is too forgiving. I think you were trying to merge the two personalities in a way that made it unrealistic. The Kal-El of a much happier life would find it easier to forgive than this one. There is not much anger on Harry's part and I think there should be.

I wish you wrote a scene where he struggled not to hurt someone in anger or had an accident with his powers leading him to be become as kind as he is. A form of repentance if you will. It would have made his current personality more believable.

Another thing about your Harry that caught my attention is his intelligence. You said he read many books in the library and is a 'genius'. Why did he never seek help for the injustice delivered to him on a daily basis? With all of the books he read he must have seen child welfare programs and that not all orphanages were bad.

With his shape-shifting abilities he could have change his appearances and looked at an actual orphanage to see if it was as bad as his lying relatives said. After all they lied about his parents what else would they lie about?

If your Harry Potter was a genius why did he not think of plans to escape or leave? He is able to shift forms. It would be easy for him to get a job and an apartment. Hell he could have even threatened the Dursleys to give him better care but he did not ( before Hogwarts).

When Harry met Draco he automatically knew he was the 'bully type'. No greetings were exchanged but he already made his mind up about one person's character. If you had let him say something offensive I would have understood rude or arrogant but bully?

Even the way you cast Draco is made to be offensive. Do you just find him annoying? I do but if you remember canon Draco did not say anything rude to Harry's companions until he felt he was being laughed at and until he was certain of who that person was. He would not make it long in the snake den if he makes assumptions like that.

Neville said and I quote "Neville smiled, happy that he had friends and wasn't a failure, a squib, like his family always thought he was." Don't you think for someone as emotionally abused and downtrodden as Neville it would take more than a flimsy promise of oh I will be your friend Neville to undo the damage and make him think he is worth something?

I am sure Neville heard similar oaths before and knows not to get his hopes up. People like Neville are insecure and need many months or even years to really become confident or say something positive about themselves.

Oh my. I have wrote quite the long review. I had not intended for it to become so long. My apologies. If you had read it through I must commend you for it. If you did not read all of it I will simply summarize it for you.

If you have a character for a story take a look at the story and see if the character fits into it smoothly. Especially for crossovers. Look at people in the situation your character is in. See how they act and try to capture that in words. If that is not applicable then try to become that character like you would if you were acting in a play. Think like they would.

I sometimes find that characters take on a life of their own if you let them. Any seasoned writer out there knows what I am talking about.

Don't be afraid to give a good background to a plot or emotional depth to any story. It almost always improves it.

If you find what I said offensive then I will say I am sorry you took it that way but I am not sorry that I said it. I was not lying when I said I did this with the intent of improving your work.

~Rinka
blake012 chapter 4 . 7/29/2011
great chapter
blake012 chapter 3 . 7/29/2011
great
peruser chapter 3 . 7/2/2011
Harry is a confident and intelligent boy in this story. I wonder how he is going to deal with his immature potions teacher.
peruser chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
In this story Harry is Kal-El. The difference being that he was found and adopted by the Potters rather than the Kents. I was confused as to how Harry had access to magic when he wasn't actually a wizard. The letter from his parents cleared up the puzzle for me. The magical adoption gave Harry part of his parents magic. I like the idea of Harry having both magic AND Kryptonian abilities. Talk about a power that Voldemort knows not!
overlord of hell 2012 chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
enjoyed your story and hope you update soon