Reviews for Briars
partlysunny chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Great story! And I just love how nothing happened at the end, I was expecting the opposite but this was a nice surprise. Thank you for the story!
DarogaDaae chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Did I mention earlier that I might be in love with you and your writing? This is stunning.
Everything I've read by you (all 46 chapters' worth, now) has been stunning.
Atramentous StygianIron chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
very good , I find this really funny.
mumblybee chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Oh, I loved this. Because Ezio is a rake, and he does seem to fall in love so easily, but it seems genuine each time. Also, I think you've captured Rosa so well here - your Rosa perfectly matches the Rosa in my head. The detail and the precise wording...You're a fantastic writer. Well done.
Metalmark chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
I wish there were more Rosa/Ezio fics. They're so cute together! This little piece was a perfect mix between the two dynamics that are our favorite assassin and snarky female thief. And the characterization is perfect. Seriously, this is good enough to be canon (*which it should be!*)

_All in all I totally loved this. Thank you for writing such an amazing piece to add into the lacking Ezio/Rosa fandom.

*adds to favs*

P.S. The "rakes" bit made me chuckle. Before this I didn't know that "rakes" was a term for a goodlooking male rogue. Really fits Ezio.
words without chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Oh, this is lovely. Great characterization, particularly of Ezio as the hopeless flirt who doesn't even mean to be so charming half the time. Rosa is one of the few interesting women in AC2...I love her spirit, and you captured that well in this.
coglione chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
More please!

I especially love 'Ezio, for some reason, finds this surprising. "Haven't you ever been in love?" he asks her—and it's all the more amusing because they're sprawled against each other on a couch, like lovers, in what used to be Emilio's estate.'

Very good.
wonderlandbomb chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Aw, this was, in a way, heartwarming. Good job!
i'm not ulysses chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Omgosh, I can't even utter something coherent after reading this. It was spectacular.

Gorgeously written, I love Rosa's character and I'm so happy you kept her rebellious nature intact. The dialogue exchange between the two was spot on. It was a delight to read!

Thanks so much for sharing this!
MONST3R chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
i love the way you portrayed rosa!

excellent story & i quickly got very into it, i hope you continue to write more stories :)
auctionedCanidae chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Ah how are you so good at capturing characters. The final few lines of this story just felt very real to me. How I love your work :)
sophie catton chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
when can i read the next bit, plase tell me,

i like your story's, it suited them both amazing
sphinx81 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
“The man flirts like he breathes, and not all cruelty is intended.”

LOL, that certainly sums up Ezio! Oh dear, this is FABULOUS and I LOVE it. Your writing is amazing; so much is said in so few words and it’s evocative, right down to staying in character for both of them. I adore your characterization of Ezio, of how OF COURSE he can’t help but break hearts. It’s not done on purpose and really don’t think he has a cruel bone in his body (outside of against those who completely deserve it for killing his poor family). He’s just an extraordinarily handsome, polite and otherwise happy-go-lucky type.

And I love your charectization of Rosa as well; proud, feisty and willing to speak her mind. Yet she falls a little every day until she surprises even herself. Anyway, I’m rambling. Don’t know if this is one-off, but it’s begging for a sequel. Great story!
Aschenhimmel chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I think I just fell in love with Ezio.

Very, very wonderful fic, it's interesting to note that you made him all the more profound through the eyes of Rosa, who makes it very clear that she doesn't like flirts like him while not derailing the girl's character. There's this delicate touch that keeps everything balanced and in-character. Keep writing! :D

(And yes, I'm one of those waiting for 'Bitter Leaves'...:D)
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Great work on this. Nicely done, keep at it.