Reviews for Summertime
WarwomanWay chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
Well great start. Update soon?
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Wow... It is SO rare to see anything close to an accurate POV from Ruby, and this was both accurate and very refreshing. I'm so pleased with this so far! Can't wait to read more.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
This was such a hard read, but it felt SO true to both Ruby's character and (especially) Sam's. His pain is so...ugh. It just tears me up. And it's so easy to see how she just sidled right in with what felt like tough love and even concern and affection and gave him something to hang onto when he was drowning. It's so easy to see how he was taken in and twisted so completely 'round. Love the idea of him trying to open the gate and love the ambiguity of the last line. Awesome writing!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
OMG!

this was amazing...loved the ending- whether Sam wanted to get Dean out or get himself in.

loved it! e

omg...omg...him on his knees in the rain with the bloody knife

awesome!
jenilee chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You have some fabulous visuals in that opening paragraph and also at the gate when Sam is pounding his fists upon it.

Geesh, up til they left the cemetery I was having a really hard time not crying, God Sam just breaks my heart. Beautifully done showing just how broken and how lost Sam is without Dean.

I may be one of the few people who liked Ruby 2. Could see where this more laid back version of her made more sense. This Ruby is the one that could get Sam to do what she needed him to do. The pushy demanding way Ruby 1 had wasn’t going to do anything but get Sam to dig his heels in.

I love the way you portrayed her here. Sympathetic and caring, this is the way I see her manipulating Sam to do things he would never have done had he not been devastated by Dean’s loss.

Wonderful story.
Phoenixed chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
It has been SO LONG before I found something worthy enough of my signing in to review, as horrible as that sounds, but my God, the writing was so good. It was one of those pieces that didn't need Ruby throwing out quip after quip to seem true, but played towards that compassionate side that both fooled Sam and a majority of the audience around the time of 4.09 and 4.10. Honestly, the way she was being written around that time, I thought we had a good demon on our hands. I like how you don't directly tackle the whole Lucifer-this-, Lucifer-that (as I once did), but simply hinted on it at the end.

I feel like you chose great avenues with avoiding all the seal business, her working with Lilith, and while it was in her PoV, it was written in the way the show would've wanted it, and that was to fool us the way she was fooling Sam.

The writing was quite excellent as well. Honestly, awesome damn job. I was hoping for a good Ruby piece to pop up and I don't regret clicking this story to open. Really, really, really, you kept my attention and there isn't much I'd object to. Well damn done.