Reviews for Attrition
Readerclickhere chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Interesting writing style. This was incredible. Enough said.
Wttlewd chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Kinda sad,actually Really sad and rater painful to even read. i am sorry for how they ended the game and even sorrier that this is wat people beleive will happen.
Ceaselessfall chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I liked it and I just finished the game today...I hate the end T_T but anyways...great story
FearandLoathingXIX chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Very nice. I wish this conclusion had been featured in the game and not the crappy ambigous COMPLETELY unconclusive one they showed us. Way to make something out of nothing! You have my love.
RenjiLuvah chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Wow. This is really good. I haven't read a fic this good in a long time. Exceptional grammar, diction and while you choose to be descriptive or poetic with some parts, you also don't drag the unnecessary. You keep some points swift to give the right impact. Your story summary was short, mysterious and while it sounds clear, "This is what happens: they walk away," you can sense all the underlying meaning beneath that one line. And you repeat this line throughout to create a flow. Great way to begin and end the reading experience and awesome title.

And I absolutely love the metaphors/similes/comparisons! My favorite ones:

Her short laugh takes him back to an old knife-wound. (The pain! I felt it.)

Surrender: half hateful, half willing, like drowning furious but unfighting. (OMG I LOVE THAT. It's a PERFECT description of that emotion- of being so angry and bitter and yet, reacting passively about it and you really captured the frustration.)

“No,” he says, but it sounds like her yes from earlier. It sounds like a surrender. (I could hear the tone of their voices in this one word so vividly.)

This was a very powerful piece. I really enjoyed it. I can tell you put some thought and research into this rather than writing on the fly about these two characters just getting together in the end and that's that. You focused on the journey after the game, the emotions, and not on the "hot sex" or "cute fluff" between them. Even when she did forgive him and they made love, no step by step description was needed. It happened, story goes on, we know by the tone you've set in the story.

Thanks for the great read. :D Take care!
Zephyr of Shadows chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Very very interesting concept... and I think I get a slight idea of what you were trying to do here... please do continue this, I'd love to see Ahreman screwing with the Prince by flashing him through different possibilities or something...

Anyway, very lovely work, please do continue *subscribes to story alert*