Reviews for Hunger
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Dean would have sent his little brother off with what money and cards he could get his hands on.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Heartbreaking, and probably true if Sam had left early and not had it as seemingly easy as the show portrayed.
rog457 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I really enjoy the way you write and love how you bring the emotions the character are feeling alive. Your descriptions are very vivid, I could almost see those 2 pieces of bread.

My only quibble is that I just cant believe that Sam wouldn't be willing to use the credit card Dean gave him if he was that desperate, at that time hustling pool and credit card scams were the ways the Winchesters survived. I would think Sam got away from that the longer he was at school. Of course that is just my humble opinion.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Ok, that was one of your best, and one the best I have ever ready by anyone. EVER. My heart was aching, crying for Sam. Such raw emotion and pain and suffering all through this. You really used the right words and described exactly how Sam was feeling. I love when the words inflict such emotion, not only from the character but from the reader too. It is so hard to accomplish that, and you nailed it. AWESOME freaking story! I hope that you do more because you really tapped into the psyche and mental, as well as physical hurt and aching of Sam on such a level that really isn't explored that much in fan fiction. It was refreshing and painful and just plain great.
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Hey Hon

just one word for this little one-shot, AWESOME!

I could see Sam so clearly especially as he walked trying to stave off the hunger, makes me wonder if the hunger and illness was also separation anxiety considering it was Dean who made sure that he ate.

This was poignant and real, well done honey

love and hugs Shelley
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
great
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
aw! this was beautiful!

this was awesome! LOVE IT!

awesome work hun x
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Going w/o food is never easy, especially if you are a growing teenager. I've often wondered what Sam did on his summer vacations during b/c we know he didn't spend it with Dean and their dad. And who knows if his scholarship covered summer sessions. You really captured the realism of hunger from lack of food in this story.

Here in the states, there is about a two month gap between graduating HS and starting college, so you are right on the money.
cristinaarmoahotmail.com chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
de él y estoy más que segura que dean también, con más razón, creo que nunca dejaron por su cuenta a sammy y por eso también ha podido sobrevivir Stanford , aparentemente solo, sin saber que su familia estaba velando por él, así que sí , creo que podría haber más de esta historia. Abrazos Casammy
jensensgirl3 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Poor Sammy not having enough to get by, thankfully Dean did give him back up. Those first few month have been bad for him, maybe now he can slurge a little with the card.

Nice one Gil, I feel sorry for our Sammy.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
At least Sam had a credit card to fall back on or he would have never survived til Tuesday. Good thing Dean thought of giving it to him before he left!
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Heartwrenching. Sammy trying to hard, even in grief, to be "normal."
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You did a great job of showing how alone Sam was after leaving the security of his family after the big fight and how much he strived to be independent, not using the credit card until he was so hungry and weak he had no other option, then promising himself to use it for the bare minimum then pay it back.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
How sad, seeing Sam so hungry and weak, trying to keep his mind off it, because he refuses to use a fake credit card. Until he finally can't take it anymore and even then he promises to pay it back and only use it for the bare necessities. That's Sammy for you. Great job. Hugs, Vonnie