Reviews for My Harley
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 5/15
Sweet and sad at the same time. Poetic and beautiful. I really, really loved it.
awesomegirl6485 chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
I loveeed it! Great job! Just by this one shot alone, I can tell that you're a great writer.
Wow chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Wow, just, I'm awestruck. That was so poetic. The writing, it just, my god. It was on another level. The descriptions have each senses a sense of hyper realism. Kind of like the metaphors were mixing with the reality of the words to create something else? Does that make sense. Anyway. I loved it. So so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
aww this was hella sweet. and hella sad. :S Pam is a hard character to write, she has no empathy for humans and sees the worst in all of them and yet there's something about Harley apparently, that calls for a different reaction and that's super interesting haha. enjoyed immensely
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
I loved it!
Dark.Priestress chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
...and why in the name of whoever does something horrid like '50 shades of bullocks' become so famous when we have really talented and wonderful writers in this community?... This was truely great. Thanks for sharing darling and if that is what you can so with only 2 hours of sleep...then never sleep more!
Bojack727 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Wow, I'm not sure what to say after reading this... Just, wow...

I'd really like to see some kind of follow-up to this, perhaps a sequel, or something exploring Harley's perspective.

Again, great work!
Saberfang321 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Ohhh my gooddddd, this is soooo beautiful, so poetic, so lovely, you are a very good author! I really wish my writing style was this beautiful, well done!
General Maraxus chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Beautiful...
Animecartooncomicgirl chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
lovely and sweet a lovely story well done
shabbacabba chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
That was the most intensely romantic thing I have read in the past month. You make Ivy's love for Harley so clear. Absolute, eternal, those words come to mind as I read this.

I wish more stories like this existed. Not vignettes of meaningless sex, (Which yours is NOT) but deep multi-chapter stories with these two.

For your first femmeslash it was very well written. Did you do some "homework" on this subject? Hmmm?

With respect,

shabbacabba
birthofthecool chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
A great little story. You achieve what so many others strive for in their "wordiness". YOu invoke powerful images and paint a picture of Ivy's psyche.

I don't know wether any comic writer will dare sometime to write this love into existence.

But if it happened, he would be happy if he managed to portray Ivy's obsession with the little clownette as good as you do.

There were one or two instances were I felt, it was maybe just a tad too much, but certainly nothing impirtant to complain about.
TheBlackCatCrossing chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
You have some very powerful imagery here! You paint a very vivid picture and you create a world where the reader can not only feel the soft velvety skin of Poison Ivy, but taste the poison before it consumes you. Very chilling stuff. You add that little extra twist that saves the concept from being cookie cutter. You add that little extra flair, and it is like a secret sauce.

My complaint is small. I know I mentioned it to you but your word choice is very powerful, so much so that the reader doesn't have the time to digest. Then again, that is my personal issue. You have so much going on that while I am savoring one adjective or description, you jump to another. Waaaaah, lemme enjoy all the pretty toys! :D It's like eating a spicy tuna roll with a dab of wasabi. Very heavy stuff. This is really dark Harley and Ivy and I would like to see more of this. You remind the reader that Ivy isn't just a sexy vamp with poisonous...juices. She is a seductress true to her name and I think you nailed it perfectly.
Shizuka no Taisho chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
What a pity that not more than 10, now 11, reviews have been given to this rather marvelous piece of writing. My dear, you truly captured the essence and character that are Poison Ivy. I could imagine her speaking every word you wrote, thinking every thought, and as an Ivy cosplayer, that makes me respect you. Your descriptive writing also caught my eye, because that is how I write as well :)

Simply fantastic. HarlxRed at its finest
The Noble Arduenna chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I’ve tried to think of something clever to say to you, but the only thing I could settle on was “wow.” Considering this story was written entirely in stream of consciousness, I thought it was beautifully and incredibly stunning. Your prose is rich and wonderfully descriptive as it engages the senses on so many levels. I laughed when I first read your remark about its pretentious. Believe me… it’s pretentious in the best way possible.

The language is as much a character to the story as either Harley or Ivy is. There’s a subtle edge that darkens the narrative, and the imagery can be rather disturbing. Yet the words have a rhyme and a rhythm that is actually quite lyrical (or poetic) at times. The sentences wrap and twist around each other like vines around Ivy’s body.

I’ve always adored the Joker and Harley, but I can’t believe how far I’ve fallen for the Harley and Ivy pairing. It makes so much sense to me, and I think you’ve captured precisely why I love them both so desperately. The two have a chemistry that shouldn’t exist but is palpable and present all the same. You’re drawn to them almost as much for their differences as the ties that bind them together.

There were moments in this story that stood out so vividly that I had to reread them several times, just so I could savor the image in my mind. I think your masterpiece might have been this (and it’s more brilliant than I can adequately describe):

They see you as goofy. The 'side-kick'. This is not the truth. It is not even the truth as you spill a vile of lilac liquid- extract of iris- on the rich, cinnamon soil. There's barely a twitching nerve inside me that cares. You peer at me sheepishly, eyes becoming glazed at the sound of glass shattering, your bottom lip quivering. I feel sick. What did he do to you?

So, so beautiful. Tragic and real. THIS is my image of Harley and Ivy.

Of course, there are greater truths yet to discover— particularly in this most perfect sentiment:

I scream, and froth and scream again because you know you silly, beautiful, silly girl. You know you'll never be that 'thing' he wants. There isn't enough charcoal damaging your soul. There isn't enough glimmering hatred, twinkling like a knife's edge in your eyes. No opposition to be found in your feather frame. All of us 'rogues', as they spin us, can see it – the 'thing'-perfectly well. And I do not doubt some of the other's do too. So why? Why, my jester girl, do you fall back inline with a note and a wink from a blackened eye?

Utterly gorgeous.

But better still are these few cunning words that are epic beyond comparison:

He must know that you know. But he lacks more humanity than even I. I can't help wonder, my darling, is that why you come to me? Do you see his lack of human emotion reflected in me?

I can’t even wrap my brain around how brilliant the very idea of that is. You, dear author, are far more talented than I suspect you give yourself credit for.

While the sex seemed almost incidental to everything that was going on with the characters, I thought that it was very tastefully done; a poetic union of the literal and metaphorical. Physical urgency is an emotional urgency that Ivy is trying desperately to impart with every fiber of her being. She is willing Harley to discover her worth in a building release of physical gratification. It’s very passionate… very elemental. Entirely as Ivy would have it.

Might I beg and plead that you continue to write about these characters till the end of time? That would be wonderful.

And so is this.

Thank you, thank you for sharing!