Reviews for Devil in the Details
coccinellee chapter 4 . 5/18/2014
How I love to read that story. It's the second time I read and it's still so good. I love the idea that she is also in love with him but she doesn't want to. It's not something we can decide and it makes awesome stories! I admit I have a hard time imagining that he could let her go after she confessed her love.
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 4 . 7/31/2012
I really enjoyed this story! Your style of writing is great and you portray Severus really well. And the ending - wow! I loved the last chapter with its emphasis on Severus not letting himself express his emotions and his choices preventing love from being enough - it was really well put and so tense and tear-jerking! I believe it's really loyal to canon and I love it :)
RedStalkingDeath chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
Ah, I hate you! Don't do that to poor Severus! He deserves so much bbetter! I can't stop crying!
greencyanide chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
this is, in my opinion, a perfect story for a snape fan who loves canon(like me).

snape confessed, lily confessed partly, at least there was no grovelling like 'if i had told her... if she had known...'

and lily's reasons were more logical than one can imagine. Great job!
RubyLinkle chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
Rosier and Wilkes? I thought it was Mulciber and Avery?

Sorry for short to go to work in 5 :P
RubyLinkle chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
I just started far so good :)

Its so difficult to find decent canon fic exploring the relationship between S/L...but this looks very promising!

I liked how you really elaborated on Snape's knowledge of potions, and described some of the things in his kit, rather than depending solely on what the books give us. On the other hand, using the exact same contest as in HBP was a bit repetitive.

Anyway, as I said, so far so good! Everyone seems in character, even a sun-bathing Hagrid :P

Reading on,

kaitlynriddle chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
Amazing story. Loved the ending and how realistic it was.
Fi chapter 4 . 3/2/2010
This was a very good story. I thought it was very believable. I liked the loneliness you showed Snape experiencing, it seemed very likely. I liked the way you showed Snape realising the result of his actions, but it was too late. Thankyou for a great story, I really liked the truth of the ending.
SomethingBorrowed chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
Great Ending! I appreciate how you kept this story cannon compliant.

In reference to some of the other reviews, I can see how Lily loved Severus, because he was beloved from her childhood. But I can also see, as you articulate so well in this story, how she is growing and moving on from that life. Lily has begun to see herself as more than just a Muggle-born witch, but as a witch, and James' attention brings that confidence out in her, whereas Severus' attention reminds her of from whence she came. I'm not saying it's bad to be reminded of humble beginnings, but one doesn't always want to be tied to them.

Keep up the good work! - SB
loveislouder94 chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
This was a sad, but realistic conclusion, and I enjoyed this story quite a lot. :)
Sycophant Snape chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
Honestly, when you read stuff like this it just makes you sure that Snape wasn't to blame when Lily got what was coming to her.

You refuse to love a man who adores you, JUST because he's sworn allegiance to a regime who glory in torturing people to death and believe in enslaving anyone of a lower caste than themselves, and then you wonder why you get it in the neck later on? If you can't get past things like that in a relationship, then I don't know what to tell you.
Loki's Symphony chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
Everyone saying that Lily's a hypocrite for loving James and not Severus: James is a jock. Severus is a fucking Death Eater. Lesser of two evils, I'd say...

Brilliantly written, very good sexual tension and, as always, heartbreaking. Bravissima!
Lily loves James chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Beware the wrath of butt hurt Snapefen! They will take over your review space and make it all about them! Snape can do no wrong - all of his mistakes were that tramp Lily's fault. She should have stopped him! Snape is perfect and innocent and wonderful and brave and...who cares if he called Lily a Mudblood and joined the Death Eaters? James being an ass at 15 is by far the bigger sin!
RissaCay chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
This was a very good story. I really liked it, and you never lost your characters. loved it.
Dormantness chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
"He may have his flaws but he,s honest and loyal!" yes, Lily, delude yourself! Honest: Well considering that James lied to her and continued to bully Severus behind her back, that he never told the truth about the Werewolf Incident(Don't you think it's rather strange that Lily heard rumors about James saving Severus when Dumbledore made them all promise never to tell anyone? Who on earth would have told Lily a half-lie about James saving Severus from something, no Werewolf included? I think: JAMES.), well he's certainly not honest.

And for the loyal part, well he is to his friends, but how can she be sure it will extend to her? THe fact that James did everything he could to break lily's friendship with her best friend doesn't spell devotion or loyalty, perhaps she will remember this before it's too late. And he's not kind either, not in general. From SWM, we saw he wasn't even kind to his own friend Peter,and that he bullied other people than severus(Though sev was his main target) just because he knew many spells and "could". Lily is so blind, it's rather frightening, but it's very accurate to Cannon,so god job with that:)

From DH,and OOTP(Kreacherv and Sirius), we know that LV didn't show his true colors before Regulus's sixth year,so severus who is older than Regulus, would have no way of knowing the Death Eater,s true natures. LV didn't giive pamphlets saying: Muggles Extermination, Torture and Crimes-Please Do Join! So why Lily would not think that Severus saw the Death eaters from another angle, and just assume that HER own view was the accurate one(though she was right about THAT), it isn't intelligent of her.

I hope that Severus will give himself some self-respect and stop his excessive apologies,and instead, bring arguments of his own to Lily to make her think. Maybe she will eventually see that one impulse of Mudblood calling isn't a betrayal,and that he's far more loyal than any other she will see that her stopping their friendship over one word, and silly misunderstandings is terribly disloyal of , her own friends or crush subject can torment severus, so it's apparently OK for her to be friends with them. while Severus's friends,when have we ever saw them tormenting Lily? And she has some guts, calling Severus a coward! I would like to see HER try to spy for LV for many years, kill Dumbledore on his orders and make herself an outcast wanted for murder. I don't think she would ever succeed...

Anyway, good chapter, it was suspensful,and very intense,and certainly kept all reader's interest:)