Reviews for Ten Tears Falling
We love us chapter 13 . 10/26/2014
Love it!
MysticMew chapter 13 . 7/28/2014
That was a very sweet and pleasant story to read. I rewatched Angelic Layer over the last days after many years and wondered if in the meantime there were actually any good Misaki/Hatoko-fics and there is not just one but a really good one. As a fellow, long-year author of yuri goodness I can appreciate how difficult it has to be to write this pairing believable and enjoyable with the age difference and Hatoko being five in the actual series. It would be so easy to mess up and be crude about it but the way this story was written shows a natural progression over the years and still stays close to the characters. Very well done, I definitely REALLY enjoyed myself with this fiction of excellent quality (and those don't happen all too often anymore these days). I think I'll take a look at your other stuff now...
cko2 chapter 12 . 5/21/2013
cool story.
Kairin Viola chapter 13 . 3/16/2013
wow this is awesome!
BabyBearOnline chapter 13 . 12/18/2012
Thanks for sharing. Very sweet. Note to self: Book an appointment with the dentist...
Black Gekikara chapter 9 . 5/19/2012

Their first kiss and we only get told it in passing!

I am Disappoint!
James Birdsong chapter 13 . 5/23/2011
For Spite chapter 11 . 12/5/2010
It occurred to me I might not have been specific enough. In early Chapter 10 we get this line: "It was Monday, and Misaki had not spoken to Hatoko since Wednesday of the week before. After her Mother had revealed her conversation with Hatoko's parents, Misaki had grown scared to call the Kobayashi residence, and she dreaded what they might say to her should she ask to speak to Hatoko. "It's wrong to assume it's their fault," Misaki argued with herself, "It could just be a big misunderstanding. Mother could have just happened to say things when I was really sensitive to them. This could all just be a big mistake...""

That is the summarized conversation about the phone call Shuuko got that we don't see.

In chapter 11 it seems like her mother is going to talk to her about it again before getting interrupted and it occurred to me that maybe THIS was the place she 'revealed her conversation with Hatoko's parents' and what I was looking at was less it being absent than simply placed in the wrong spot or the reference was accidentally placed early.

The other missing pieces are still missing (or summarized post time-skip) though.
For Spite chapter 13 . 12/5/2010
This story is quite well-written, when it's written (I'll get back to that). The characterization is good and the timeskips plus slow development help keep us from feeling too unnerved out by the age gap, as Hatoko is precocious but there are limits. It was an enjoyable experience marred by certain specific jarring moments.

Specifically, it feels like it's missing things in places. The skip from the end of Culture Shock to Sunrise, for example, feels like it would be better if some of the recapped events had been described in detail when they happened.

Similarly, Shuuko revealing her conversation with Hatoko's parents to Misaki would have been good to see. The old maxim "show, don't tell" applies. For that matter, an explanation of what exactly set her parents off would have been good before the time skip (afterwards someone mentions something about a combination of Misaki turning eighteen and them seeing an article with some rumors but until you hit that point it just feels bizarre for them to 180 like that- and I know you don't always get convenient explanations in life but it doesn't have to follow the laws of narrative)and Hatoko's phone call in the last chapter feels cut off (and even if it did end there, Misaki's reaction should have been shown). In some ways these gaps are more annoying because what we do see IS well-written.

It's like being handed most of a very good story.

In summary- If you edited in a bit more in a few places this would be perfect, as is it's impressive but also flawed.
XellaTheRed chapter 13 . 11/9/2010
I found this story not to long ago and just finished reading all the way through it and I have to admit this was probably one of the cutest fanfictions I read. The ending was great but I have to admit it left me wanting to know more about natsuki and maho, and the other members of Yukihanajyo. Now to read conceptions of
Jaluna Rolik chapter 13 . 8/10/2010
Hi there! I have been reading your story for about an hour now and just had to send you a message to let you know just how wonderful your story is. Will there be more coming? I'd quite like to see more about how this story develops. The way you develop it is quite wonderful, though I almost feel like I'm being teased as a reader by not getting to see more!
Shirae Natrice chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
thank god you made Kotarou a supporter. I mean, if you look at his character, he'd possibly have some reservations about it, but that wouldn't stop him from protecting their relationship. 'Daughters of the Snow Flower", I get the feeling that's a reference to a piece of literature?

My actual review is this: I enjoyed the way that you made this in a style that is plausible to the series. All too often I read stories that aren't at all in the style of the source material, and i just can't enjoy those... if they made a more mature version of the series, it would be right here. good work, bravo
fan-rei chapter 11 . 3/27/2010
so they (the parents) let the girls have lot of sleepovers without making a fuss and suddenly, out of nowhere, they go all extremist? it's weird...
DayDreamer9 chapter 5 . 2/19/2010
So sweet; Misaki is going to school!
DayDreamer9 chapter 4 . 1/28/2010