Reviews for Flavors of Love and Loss
maggiejoma chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I've cried all the way through this story, but I couldn't stop reading... so sad, so beautiful, so heartwrenching...:)
Erikajo chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Really, realy good story. So sad though. I kept picturing scenes from the movie Leaving Las Vegas with Nicholas Cage where he drinks himself to death. I much prefer the ending to your story though :)
Pyejammies chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Wow! Some deep shit there. Losing your hand is hard for anyone but when your dreams are gone with it how bad can that be? It's hard to understand how anyone can degrade themselves in that way. Living in squalor at the bottom of a bottle is such an alien existance. At least he seems to have hit rock bottom and is now ready to make the long haul back up. Another reviewer requested a sequel and I'd go for that though this is perfect as is. Thanks for the heavy dose of angst. I'm defintely not a wussperv.
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
WOW...that was so intense. You have such a way in your writing to pull the reader right in so quickly. You are such a talented author and should never cease writing.
OwensMama chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
UGh!

When he asks what she brought that day and I realized he was only going to the diner to eat the pie Bella makes, I actually gasped and started crying. My husband thought I was losing it.

Such a good story!
GetDrunkOnVictory chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I was holding back tears until they finally surfaced when Edward hit Bella and when he went back home and broke the bottles. :'(

At first I thought Bella had died, then when Edward corrected himself from "our" to "her" I wondered what he and/or she did for them to separate like that.

Since Bella knew that Edward was going to the diner and she would bake him pie, i wonder if she ever went there to watch for him or if she would pass by hoping to see him through a window, or maybe sat at his table when he wasn't there so she herself could feel a little closer to him...

I wonder how many tears Alice shed foe them serving as their little messenger, their own personal Hermes without them fully realizing.

I think they will be fine once Edward gets clean and sees a doctor and therapist...at least I hope they will be. :/

*P.S. I have been gone for a while, but I am determined to spend the next few days curing your review withdrawal. :)
SeanEmma4Evr chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wow. Ever consider writing a sequel? Maybe just a short one - so we can see how they end up?
eli-dunbigboot chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Such a sad yet beautiful story.
twifan7731 chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Sad as shit - BUT there was a sliver lining in there too. Only it came right at the end. He saw light and hope. He went back to her... yeah, have no personal experience with alcohol withdrawal either...but the way you write I can see it and almost taste it. (yuck I know)... but such a heart felt short... do you think you might expand it? Maybe just a couple of chapters?
allthingsHHH chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
As always...I'm blown away by your writing.
treasurecoast chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I read this on a bb driving to NC so never reviewed - sorry. This was so amazing and powerful - if depressing throughout much of it and heartbreaking after learning exactly what happened to Edward and what he's forced himself to give up. But you're right: it's not overwhelmingly sad.

Loved the mystery of the beginning and trying to decipher the meaning of your words. You’ve written Edward’s despair and desperation for obliteration so well. His plans remind me somewhat of Leaving Las Vegas, but instead of the comfort of a warm body, he has his links to Bella. I really, really liked the use of intermediaries, with the iPhone and Alice and the diner connections to Bella and her pie … as well as the juxtaposition of the flavor of pie with his pictures and memories of her. Loved that the shattering of his iPhone forces him to use real memories of Bella and is the catalyst for his return to her. And you couldn’t imagine how much I was rooting for Edward on his trek home.

Even now as I’m rereading, knowing how it’s going to end, this story just kills me – maybe even more so, since I now know his loss and that changed how I looked at the beginning. And I can sympathize and even understand how he’s come to his decision: the artificial hand a visual reminder of what he’s lost, and being a surgeon was a huge part of who he was. Hopefully, he can find a new life where his job is not so integral to his sense of self … but will still give him satisfaction. Loved the intensity and sensuous feel of his memories of Bella, how the only time he had color in his world was with Bella. There are so many amazing passages – too many to list!
ickaren chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
No matter how sad and tragic, you always write poetry. I was holding my breath for Edward, hoping he would find his way home, to Bella, to wholeness. Thank you again for sharing.
sherylb chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
So sad, but the end is so sweet...
Jaymy M chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
heavy. not bad, but still didn't move me the way the Ruins and want did. maybe because its only EPOV or not as devloped as the others. IDK, just seemed to lack thart extra something some of your others have.
beckz83 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Loved this story it was so sad to read and really well written glad he managed to get back home on the road to recovery.
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »