Reviews for Flavors of Love and Loss
justbri chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Stupidly beautiful, as I knew it would be.

Heartbreaking, yes, but a story that needed to be told and needed to be told how you did so.

And I love you a little bit, SSLP, for pushing my WP boundaries and making me branch out. 'Cause angst can be purdy, too.
Some Brief Folly chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Whoa...that is one deep dark hole Edward crawled into. This was an incredibly moving story. The imagry of the pie flavors and colors contrasted with his memories made it all the more real. You can so feel his pain. Great writing!
SimplyAndie chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
When I was growing up, my dad drank alot. It hurt me and I know my older sibs couldn't bare to watch our father like that. It still affects all of us in some way and of course my mom...but I won't go into the details about that. I thought you explained things nicely in EPOV and where this situation puts Bella in...you did a wonderful job!
arfalcon chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Heartbreaking and beautiful. Haunting, frightening, and almost repulsive, the enormity of Edward's love for Bella finally, although just barely, edges past his self-loathing. The way you write the pain and longing here is impossible to ignore. This is brilliant, and so much more than a simple testament to the power of love and forgiveness. This is a portrait of the resilience of the soul.
farawaymomo chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Beautiful and heartwrenching. Silent tears almost the whole time.
RaeCullen chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You are the only person I know that can make emo and wanting to slit your wrists so fucking beautiful. Your words are are like poetry. My heart ached and I cried in the middle. I'm so thankful it ended on a somewhat happy note. Thank you for sharing this with us. )
modelcitizen10 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I have no words other than you are amazing. You are truly gifted.
MindyKnotts chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I thought that was awesome. Sad, but great. Will you be extending this maybe a few more chaps, maybe going through their making up, and possibly his rehab and then their happy ending? If so i would love it lol.. Wonderful job, Loved it.
babyot chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Even drowning in pain, dejection, and hopelessness, your words are perfect poetry. The imagery of your words is so intense here and the colors and flavors were swimming in my minds eye right along with Edward. This was hard to get through for me since I am such a wuss at heart but the hope at the end was Enough and a fitting end to this. Flawless as usual you talented lady. And many thanks for giving yourself so generously to the FGB.
bemily chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I thought if I read this again I would find another way to tell you how much I love it, but it is the same thing - the remembering the accident, him only eating her pie, her knowing that he is eating it, her pictures on the phone. You can write the saddest thing, but not leave me wanting to stick my head in the oven. Thank you so much for the beautiful words.
JulieToo chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This is the saddest story I've ever read. It's the saddest parts of "Leaving Las Vegas" and "The Waitress". I love that you left a shred of hope at the end. I hope Edward doesn't end up like Nicolas Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas". Very very well done!
LadyChery chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Great story
mountainlion718 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
that was heartbreaking what he went thru, thank god Bella never turned her back on him, great job on this story
maizeandblueinvalpo chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I'm normally not a lover of angst, but that was so wel written that I couldn't help myself. Great job!
tarabelle10579t chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Wow, you were not kidding when you said angst filled. For some sick reason, I love your angsty stories. Shouldn't I want to read something happy? But your stories are so deep and emotional. So much more than just words on a page. Powerful.
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »