Reviews for More than the Price of Honor
AvidReader4EVR chapter 20 . 4/21
... ? Please come back with chap 21 soon..
This fic is amazing
I'll wait patiently for it to update
Hi chapter 20 . 4/16
I want to say that this fic is really great! I love how accurately you portray the characters, and the story line is wonderful! I hope you'll keep it up! :)
I love it
Well I just wasted 6 hours of my life. This story is very well written but the pacing is bad. It takes too long for things to go anywhere. Even in your latest chapter, they're still not together. People read zutara stories to see their love come into fruition, but you dance around it so long that it becomes frustrating. Katara still has somewhat bitchy behavior even after zuko makes all these sacrifices for her, and this just perpetuates zuko's angsty reactions towards her i.e. The short tempered commands, constantly grabbing her harshly, and their arguments. There were so many times while I was reading this that a scene would come along and go a completely different direction then what was fitting. EVERYTIME they try to get close, something happens. I understand you're trying to build anticipation, but do it when the story is complete and fully posted so people can skip over the annoying, sexually frustrated, and anger-driven characters that you have created these two to be.
Oh my god! This is literally one of the best fanfics I've ever read and my absolute favourite! thank you so much for creating this story and staying so true to the characters, you are so talented! I hope you continue to update (hopefully sooner, it's just so good I can't wait!)
AlainaAnn101 chapter 20 . 2/22
Loved this chapter and I can't wait for more! Do you have the whole story mapped out or are you just going with the flow? And also do you have a regular uploading schedule or do you update whenever? Please update soon and I can't wait until Zuko and Katara kiss again!
hikariaik9 chapter 1 . 2/19
Wow you have not India how gland I am this story revived, I'm glad too that whatever situation you were going through came out good. I hope you'll be able to finish this story and can write many more (of course, only if you feel like it and have the time). I azure tthat me and the people tthat follow this story appreciate the effort.:D
666Peaches101 chapter 20 . 2/8
Thank you! I really did missed the story its so beautiful.
Mee-Mee chapter 3 . 2/5
Good chapter. Your writing is clearly upper tier level stuff, especially in comparison to other fic writers I've come across.

One thing I enjoy is your writing style. I never find myself tripping up over awkward passages or poorly worded phrases- you instead show clear control over language and use it to give the effect you desire. There are no spelling or grammatical errors (at least none that I've noticed) and you don't simplify things too much. Great job there.

I'm also enjoying the direction of the plot at this point. Readers aren't going to be stuck at one area for too long, but you spend enough time there to establish a good storyline and give good character development and interactions. This is super crucial for keeping readers' interest and their attention.

The only thing I'm not really clicking with is the characterization of Zuko so far. I feel as though he is too preoccupied with Katara's opinions at this point to be a convincing season 1 Zuko. For instance, earlier on in the chapter, you give a great IC moment for Katara where she's crashing around Zuko's room and giving him a difficult time as captor. During this same scene, you have him asking her softly "Do you really hate me so much?" This goes against much of what we see in season 1 Zuko who, while caring and truly good at heart, proved to be the product of an imperialistic society and 100 years of propaganda and prejudice with his superiority complex and his treatment of a "peasant" like Katara. At this point in the story, Katara should at best be seen as not worth his time and an enemy to him and the Fire Nation. She should, as you later write him saying, merely be a means to an end for him at this point of the story, and he should actually mean it. That's part of what made not only Zuko's story and development interesting, but also Zutara's- the changes of views the individuals went through. Despite the problems I'm having with the depiction of Zuko, I find that you have the skills needed to produce material featuring a Zuko that more closely resembles the one we see at this time in ATLA.

Other than that, everyone else is very much in character. Katara in this story has got to be one of my favorites written by a fic author because of how on point her characterization is, along with how fun she is to read. Her dialogue is sassy and fun, her actions get the story going, and her thinking makes sense for her character. She's super tough, not at all a Mary Sue, and is an active part of the story as opposed to a reacting character. I also enjoy how you don't have her immediately attracted to Zuko. It makes so much more sense that way and, as mentioned earlier, makes a more enjoyable read for us Zutarians who enjoy the development of their relationship from enemies to allies to friends to *potential lovers*. Also, with Katara's background as a girl from an oppressed people who suffer from genocide, from a war-torn family with a murdered mom, and from one of the many groups of people targeted for not being Fire Nation, etc., it's understandable that she would react to negatively to Zuko the way she does. To add on to this, I enjoy how passionate you make her and how she doesn't give up. The Katara we see in ATLA is anything but meek and shy, yet it seems to be a common trend among many Zutara authors to portray her this way (typically with a non-dorky, super suave, super sexually active and experience Zuko...? how. why. no.), but you avoid this awful thing and kept Katara tough and on her toes. Just little things like having her constantly look for and plotting escape while in Zuko's room, even when the chances of that seem very unlikely, were meant to be subtle but truly added much to her character. Great job there.

All in all, pretty good story so far. I hope you plan on rewriting Zuko sometime, I'm sure you'd produce a Zuko as great as the rest of you story. Keep up the good work with everything, it will be great to see where this goes.
OOOH Iroh so sneaky and smart

Good job writing Zhao and Iroh. Both in character so naturally I'm happy :)
Tophlet chapter 20 . 1/13
Thanks for updating! I decided to go back and read it all again, which was a positive decision. What fun Katara's going to have thinking that decision through. I bet she's just gonna twist herself up into confusion and Zuko's totally not going to help, he's the King of confused! Looks like whatever situation they find themselves in next is going to throw them for a doozy! Hope you had fun writing this one!
Good start. I like how you allow Katara to be fearful when understandable and strong and even sassy when facing her enemies. Zuko is very on point too as season 1 Zuko, which is always fun to see with a headstrong Katara

Your writing style is nice too- that alone gets me excited to see what's next
Powerful ending to a powerful chapter- good job
Kellsabelle chapter 20 . 1/4
I love this story so much, it's amazing and I can't wait to read what happens next so pretty please keep writing and update soon!