Reviews for Tin Soldier
sparxx chapter 2 . 7/8
Ohh i just cannot stop grinning like an idiot. I loved it. Loved every bit of it. Like seriouslyyy.. The way you ended every scene had me smiling everytime. And dude. The end ? Was it awesome :D i wish you write more such awesome even longer shots :D cheers :)
rivendellelve chapter 2 . 3/31
loved it
RavenWingDark chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Wow, amazing story. Just...everything was great and exciting and angsty when Cas told him to stop at the end...just wow. Keep it up, my friend. I'll keep reading.
Jest'lyn Tal chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
I can't remember if I commented on this the first time - but I re-read it because I liked it so much and well, that bears additional comments. Even if I already said it all before :) You have something incredibly special with the pacing and ... framing of this. The reader is brought so fully into Dean's head, but in a way that mimics the disconnect that Dean feels. The repeated thoughts of the epitaph are a beautiful drum beat that thrums through the whole thing. Cas' intervention at the end is the absolute perfect coda. I now have to go scour your fic list again just because I want to read more of this take.
VioletErin.26 chapter 2 . 4/29/2014
fantastic! I love it! so good! love castiel! uhg hate headstones! very creative!
Evilnor chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
You have a real knack for keeping Castiel in character and never letting the reader forget that he's actually a supremely powerful supernatural being, but at the same time, not the most powerful out there. Dean not forgetting what he's really dealing with and getting constantly creeped out by Castiel's eyes is a great way of accomplishing that. All the characters really show gravitas in your writing, and the little things, like off-kilter thoughts, make a whole lot of sense, especially in the context of what the writers do for dialogue.

Considering the fact we've seen a nephalem in the series now, your story still fits, though this one was certainly more powerful than the one on screen. Isn't it great when fans and professionals can pull from the same source material? Still, Gabriel was the only conclusion I could come to for the father, too, unless there was another angel or two who decided to disobey relatively recently to get his freak on. It would be fairly likely he'd be dead by now, too, either by disciplinary action or the whole apocalypse thing. But yeah, an archangel's nephalem would certainly be powerful enough for your story, I'd think.

Lovely work. I hope you get back into writing Supernatural stuff again . . . Castiel's fall at the end of Season 8 or his twisted actions through Season 6 & 7 could definitely use your touch! :D
partlysunny chapter 2 . 6/15/2013
Wow! I have no words. Just wow.
RedRopeFrayed chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
I really liked was different, but it was really good.
Seefs chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Loved it!
Pinfeathers chapter 2 . 4/24/2013
This is awesome! I especially love the way you use Dean's compulsive epitaphing (which is really fun on it's own) to break up the story.
tyrsib chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
I just wanted to say, I really enjoyed this story-thanks!
Nellas Aldarion chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
Okay, you resolved that beautifully. I could most definitely see a story along these lines making it onto the show; I especially love the idea of the children of humans and angels being super-powerful Demigods. Can't wait to read another!
Nellas Aldarion chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
As per usual, a solidly built story. I'm enjoying the mystery you've come up with and that you've included Cas in solving it. Your handle on SPN's main characters shines through wonderfully. I do have to say it drags a bit more than I'd like, but I'm excited to see what happens in part 2.
Liin Sivi chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
This was extremely well done! Such a great read.
imperfect-lover chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
This was amazing! All I kept thinking as I read this was that you should totally be a writer for Supernatural. The idea was new, interesting and so well written. Your characterization was perfect as well.