Reviews for Tin Soldier
waitingforAslan chapter 2 . 3/25
"Cas is always watching and Dean is brittle like an icicle." Lovely line.

This fic reminds me of Famine's words to Dean, that he's dead inside. Only he has Cas and Sam and stubborn defiance.

And, oh, my gosh, Sara's last words. Terribly sad.
waitingforAslan chapter 1 . 3/25
You build the mood very effectively, the cold, the oppressiveness, the unease. The recurring motif of Dean's epitaph reveals his dark humor but also his deep pessimism, though he keeps fighting despite the crushing sense of hopelessness.

I especially liked the lines about him feeling "winter frost his bones" and "he can't get the taste of mud out of his mouth." The white flowers, the devoted followers (whom we hear of but haven't yet seen), and the dazed observers build a sense of foreboding.
reader50 chapter 2 . 1/5/2016
I don't know if I liked this or not. It was grim and depressing, yet I could not stop reading.
You are a good writer. Thank you for sharing.
Aerinelf chapter 2 . 12/13/2015
This is really well written. Thank you for writing it!
LunaBianca chapter 2 . 10/10/2015
This story is piercing in so many ways. I adore the taut balance of despair and hope, isolation and family, beauty and entropy. Great flow and prose and characterization. I enjoyed the occasional glimmers of humor. Thank you for writing. :)
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
I really like this so far. Thank you. :)
sparxx chapter 2 . 7/8/2015
Ohh i just cannot stop grinning like an idiot. I loved it. Loved every bit of it. Like seriouslyyy.. The way you ended every scene had me smiling everytime. And dude. The end ? Was it awesome :D i wish you write more such awesome even longer shots :D cheers :)
rivendellelve chapter 2 . 3/31/2015
loved it
RavenWingDark chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Wow, amazing story. Just...everything was great and exciting and angsty when Cas told him to stop at the end...just wow. Keep it up, my friend. I'll keep reading.
Jest'lyn Tal chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
I can't remember if I commented on this the first time - but I re-read it because I liked it so much and well, that bears additional comments. Even if I already said it all before :) You have something incredibly special with the pacing and ... framing of this. The reader is brought so fully into Dean's head, but in a way that mimics the disconnect that Dean feels. The repeated thoughts of the epitaph are a beautiful drum beat that thrums through the whole thing. Cas' intervention at the end is the absolute perfect coda. I now have to go scour your fic list again just because I want to read more of this take.
VioletErin.26 chapter 2 . 4/29/2014
fantastic! I love it! so good! love castiel! uhg hate headstones! very creative!
Evilnor chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
You have a real knack for keeping Castiel in character and never letting the reader forget that he's actually a supremely powerful supernatural being, but at the same time, not the most powerful out there. Dean not forgetting what he's really dealing with and getting constantly creeped out by Castiel's eyes is a great way of accomplishing that. All the characters really show gravitas in your writing, and the little things, like off-kilter thoughts, make a whole lot of sense, especially in the context of what the writers do for dialogue.

Considering the fact we've seen a nephalem in the series now, your story still fits, though this one was certainly more powerful than the one on screen. Isn't it great when fans and professionals can pull from the same source material? Still, Gabriel was the only conclusion I could come to for the father, too, unless there was another angel or two who decided to disobey relatively recently to get his freak on. It would be fairly likely he'd be dead by now, too, either by disciplinary action or the whole apocalypse thing. But yeah, an archangel's nephalem would certainly be powerful enough for your story, I'd think.

Lovely work. I hope you get back into writing Supernatural stuff again . . . Castiel's fall at the end of Season 8 or his twisted actions through Season 6 & 7 could definitely use your touch! :D
partlysunny chapter 2 . 6/15/2013
Wow! I have no words. Just wow.
RedRopeFrayed chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
I really liked this...it was different, but it was really good.
VIKAN chapter 1 . 5/30/2013